About the "Hearing" Status Effect
Yes, it's a thing. But it's unused for some reason. And here is its description:
The Hearing Status Effect temporarily impairs the hearing of Survivors and Killers, muffling their audio and playing a high-pitched whistling sound.
Can someone tell why Hag's Add-On, Disfigured Ear, doesn't give survivors the Hearing Status Effect? Because Disfigured Ear will deafen survivors if they activate her traps, so wouldn't hearing be perfect a perfect status effect for this Add-On?
And wouldn't it also fit Flashbang and Blast Mine as well? Because they go boom xd
Comments
Sounds like mechanic that was scraped and never used past testing phase
playing a high-pitched whistling sound
Not surprised it's unused.
I was about to say this, too.
I have a sensitivity to high-pitched noises (I can hear the tube in old CRT TVs), so if this was in the game; I'd never be able to play. 😅
I think it is used in Bubbas KO Perk - it muffles the sound for a short time.
That just sounds super annoying. I'd rather have the current Deafness, which accomplishes the same thing without hurting my ears.
This used to be in the game when Hag was first released but people said it was hurting their ears and causing headaches as shown in this review on steam.
Ah, ok that was before my time. Therefore i think it is good that its gone.
I’m curious can someone send me the original Disfigured ear sound effect I never knew about this
Sadly the only link I found in now invalid as it was a Twitch clip, from what I can remember though it sounded like a typical flashbang sound effect though higher pitch. :(
I tried looking it up I can’t find anything. I must find this sound effect! There’s got to be a file somewhere to find this removed sound
I have tinnitus so that sounds awful.
It's not a very useful status effect either way
@Chilli_man2400
This seems to be it:
https://youtu.be/njLA0rdu9A8?t=10Starts around 5 seconds after the timestamp. Really awful sound.
Oh that's awful lol
I think it's still used, they just removed the high pitched noise. Currently it's only in Disfigured Ear and Knock Out.
Actually the perk knockout has it. When you go down you cant hear for a few seconds
That sounds like a dog whistle I can see why people hated it. They could recycle that sound for blast mine and flashbang cause that’s what flashbangs sound like