Which Killer Is The Closest To Perfection Design Wise?
For me, it's a toss up between Plague and Demogorgon.
- Both are strong, but not broken.
- Both have depth and counterplay.
- Both can be powerful if played well.
- Both have excellent addons that can completely alter the way they play without making them a meme.
Artist comes close in terms of her kit, but her addons let her down.
Myers has the opposite problem. Great (mostly) addons, but an outdated kit.
Comments
I have never had an easy game vs Twins. If you play them good and have good time management they can be one of the best killers. Especially for me since I mostly play solo. They are horrible to face in solo, mostly they get a 4K. They got a big knock by CoH tho..
Hag and Myers addons are how other killers addons should be balanced. Both allow completely different playstyles, depending on which addons you take.
Other than that, pre-nerf Billy.
Oni by far. Everything he does requires skill. Getting an M1? Might not sound hard but when Survivors play as safe as possible against him, getting an M1 can be quite hard. Using his Power? Skillful. His Demon Rush might not be hard to use for map traversal but when used inside loops, it can be quite unforgiving. Add-ons? They're not all that good, but they're enough imo
Not to mention exponential, add on nerfs, cooldown nerf from awhile back and dead hard validation. Twins could be amazing but the devs despise them
Plague and Oni are the absolute apex of design in this game, with Pinhead and Huntress in the conversation.
Freddy on-release (not the same "Old Freddy'' you've heard of) was easily the only killer in the game's history to ever reach a flawless state.
My hispanic friend, Jesus.
Doctor is very balanced.
I don´t agree. He had a couple of issues. Which, if the devs would have fixed them, would have made him a great killer. But instead they went and did a whole rework, which was totally unnecessary.
They just had to get rid of him being unable to interact with awake survivors that were performing an action. This was his biggest problem.
That wasn't as bad as it became after the nerf, though I agree it should have been fixed from the start (which the Incapacitated status effect could easily fix).
So yeah, perfect with one minor issue.
Damn, I miss old Freddy so much.
Same.
More than anyone does.
More than anyone ever will.
Blight, Oni, Huntress, Spirit, and Demo
Pre rework Billy
Aside from the chainsaw charge addons, no one really seemed to have a problem with him.
Pretty easy to pick up, but with some deep learning.
He is fast, but makes a lot of noise when he is coming your way.
1 shot down is quite easily dodge able, even if he is right behind you, but when you start feathering the chainsaw, that is when the mind games start and both sides get to participate.
Using his base kit with no addons, he was genuinely fun to play as and play against, nothing is more terrifying but thrilling than a god tier Billy. Honest and good gameplay.
He is not as bad as people say after the rework, but it wasn't needed, he was fine, just needed to remove the charge addon really. But even after the rework, he still has one charge... BHVR missed the mark as usual.
It's time to move on. We'll find another killer who gets a total rework no one asked for.
For me its a tossup between Huntress, Demogorgon and Oni.
Huntress is basically THE definition of easy to understand with a massive skill ceiling.
Demogorgon is a fantastic all-rounder killer. Decent anti-loop, good map traversal, but sub-par intel.
Oni has an insane amount of snowball potential, although it can be difficult to reach sometimes. Snowballing can be one of the most important skills to have as a killer, so Oni excelling at that makes him a contender I think.
I really agree with Plague. She's certainly one of the most unique killers who's quite difficult to go against, yet she doesn't feel unfairly strong and can be countered. I love how survivor actions interact with her power... when a survivor is infected and wounded they can counter this by cleansing, but by doing so they give her the power of Corrupt Purge.
Also Huntress. She's one of the only killers that actually creep me out, and I like how her range attacks just feel perfectly balanced. In comparison to Trickster (being spammed with knives), or Pinheads god annoying chains, her range attack feels so much more simple yet more effective.
Nurse and Blight. Both are the definition of skill vs skill. If you down a survivor with both of them it's because you outplayed them; if you don't, it's because the survivor outplayed you. No god pallet/window BS, no cheeky chase mechanic that takes 0.1 milisseconds to charge, no losing to gen speed because it takes 1 minute just to cross the map.
Move on?
Never, my friend.
I will either convince the devs to bring him back, or die trying.
Doctor is...close.
The major thing I dislike about him is how about half of his power depends on his addons, and some of his addons are worse than an empty slot (his shape ones). His shocks also have very odd validation at times.
I actually cant believe we are in this timeline, but here we are.
I'll give a shout out to the other Yamaoka as well.
Blight.
Good luck then. We´ll certainly need it to convince the devs.
You already know I gotta vote my boy for this one
So I'd argue deathslinger pre nerf ofc
Post nerf he's trash
Blight. Hate some of his addons, though.
I would advice for the good old tactic established ~200 b.c.: Just repeat it until they make it. If it can destroy carthage, it can bring back old Freddy!
Nah Support all besides pre nerf freddy he was literally the noob master at the best double slowdown thana tinkere ruin dying light and a map like yamaoka and the round was a gurannted 4K
I have no idea why he was changed like that.
His quickscope? Okay, sure. I'd have given him something else in his kit, but whatever.
His terror radius? That's ridiculous.
I mean with the coming dead man swich buff she will be the best killer just bei standin infront of the hook ans spaming crows until noed and no way out is ready
He is right the counterplay called iron will with maybe spine chill on top
If we are talking mechanical design but disregarding execution, Blight for sure. Imho his power is the best designed in the game.
Huntress cause she's really great to play yourself and aganist her. Aiming with her hatchets is a little hard but it's a great feeling to hit someone from a long distance.
I'm likely biased, but Pyramid Head is the first that comes to my mind. He's got power diversity, an actual threat (that can be countered by survivors playing carefully and intelligently) and is always fun for both Survivors and the person playing as PH. I honestly wish that more Killer players chose PH.
Sigh, really hoped this thread wouldn't devolve into balance complaints...but okay.
Keep in mind that I'm not trying to be harsh, but I'm not sure if you play Artist all that much. I know I barely see her when I play survivor but I play a fair amount of her, and she's decent - but not for the reasons you describe.
I think you dont understand what i sayed ,she never has to leave the hook bc no one will be able to do gens ones she hooks someone bc dead mans switch will block everything that will force than to unhook now artist has to ways one she is gonna tunnel one by one out the game with permantly camping bc dead manswich obvis or nr 2 she just trades and trades bc i dosent make even the slightest differenz with her so long she is able to spam crows
The most used build on her is probably after Update dead mans switch bbc noed no way out or for noed scurce hooks
Agree with demo, very versatile but not overbearing in any area. Could maybe do with a tweaking of numbers to make a bit stronger on loops but otherwise I think he's great.
Sorry...what?
I understood what you said last time, but I honestly cannot decipher this.