The mid-chapter seems pretty underwhelming to me
I don't know if this belongs in the feedback section but does this mid-chapter seem pretty underwhelming to anybody else?. The first part was mostly promises with very few actual changes that will have any effect on gameplay and the second half was super lackluster to me. Just a few perk and addon changes here and there none of which seem all that impactful and probably won't change most of their use rates.
A few changes I also don't really like either like the buff to the perks that affect wiggle are just gonna be annoying to go against I already found them irritating but they weren't very easy to use nor were they super effective but we'll see I guess
To top it off no changes to CoH, no changes to any killers (buffs, nerfs or reworks which as a killer main is super sad to see). Also no changes to any maps which plenty of maps are in extreme need of. Im not saying I wanted all of these things to be in but at least a few of them would've been nice to see
P.S I know it's a hot topic on the forums now but I don't feel strongly about the bubba mask things. I think the players who did the thing are the ones who should've been the things that were removed but I get that this would be the easier and more efficient way to go about it. I also don't care about them being removed since I never used any of them anyways they do really need to improve their report features though hacking and exploits are so rampant its not even funny anymore.
Comments
yeah this just isn't a very interesting update. the bubba masks pissing people of is really dumb, of all the bs in this game to complain about that's what gets people going?
It got content creators and Twitter going. As we all know, e-personalities are more important than you and me.
It really isn't, and I've never seen the whole bubba thing happen that was obviously done with racist intent but I'm not a POC, and none of the POC's that I know and talk to had ever experienced it either so it was only something I'd seen other people talk about. I also think it's kinda dumb that they removed all 4 when if we're being honest the only one people had a problem with was Claudette's face but I never use any of those faces anyways but I thought it was a cool idea for his character.
I mean if they listened to streamers then they'd probably have nerfed noed by now and a bunch of other things that streamers are known to complain about its also not like streamers' opinions differs that wildly from the rest of the community they just play it more than the average.
Tbh as you think about it, there is really no reason to test it. There are no important changes like map reworks, reducing their size layout, no killer rework etc in the PTB soooo I don't really know why we should test it
They should be focusing on bogus balance changes, not this.
True, and there really isn't a reason to download the PTB so the queues will be awful so it might be one of the least played PTB's in a long while
I was expecting a map rework or one of the promised Legion or Ghostface updates. Instead, we got a bunch of underwhelming perk and addon tweaks, and they didn't address boons or validation problems at all.
Yesterday was awesome, today was Entity Displeased.
Wether its good or bad publicity is still publicity people will eventually get over their missing cosmetics I myself had a few of them but in the end he was the only killer to have unlocks in that way. I wish they would do more like it but ya mid chapter is better if its subtle rather than overwhelming changes so as to contain any fallout that could potentially arise. Think of the masks like this they arent trying to punish anyone whp didnt misbehave they are merely trying to prevent future issues from arising.
I really don't see why it blew up so much tbh, like I get that people hate having content removed and I agree that it was a cool concept but I'm not a POC and I have no strong feelings on it
Another update where there are no map changes, no buffs to weak killers, nerfs to the strongest killers, no QOL updates, no changes to any OP perks (notably COH).
Just absolutely lazy and useless changes that once again show their inaptitude and priorities with the game.
Honestly, I get more excited for the mid-chapter since that's where they do current killer reworks buffs and nerfs so to see none of that is very disappointing
Well there is the wiggle changes which is neat I guess but the rest of the changes are just so minor or things that aren't even happening with this update just them saying "hey this is what we plan to do" which who knows if they'll actually follow through with those promises.
Another thing is that all the really good things in the first dev update are ideas/concepts.So it will take a looooong time until we'll see them in the game if at all.
So if we ignore these changes then this mid chapter update has to be one of the more useless ones i've seen so far.
Quite disappointing,but that's the way BHVR works
Yeah this really feels like a filler chapter through and through