Mikaela is selling well
So let’s nerf Clown, Nemesis and Twins :D Seems about right. COH will have to wait it’s turn it seems
So let’s nerf Clown, Nemesis and Twins :D Seems about right. COH will have to wait it’s turn it seems
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They were nerfed.
Twins add-ons got three buffs, they weren't nerfed across the board.
They keep nerfing good killer add-ons
In the patch note you can read them if you want but some killer get there best addon nerf those were the addon that make them playable. Like twin toy sword got nerf, bubba carburator got the movement speed increase nerf etc...
Some perk got some nice buff but i dont think its going to be enough to see them be played a bit more exept dead man swich and power struggle
Killer main here, and I play all of the killers that were mentioned, and I don't find these 'nerfs' to really be that bad, especially when getting buffs to other add-ons. It allows for more diverse play, which I'm all for. Plus we got some major buffs to some very underwhelming perks, which will be nice to use now.
Boil over is gonna be annoying af now, but not game breaking.
A lot of the addon buffs and nerfs are nerfing addons that are used disproportionately often (usually lower rarity) and buffing addons that aren't used at all (usually iris.) Some of the iri buffs this patch were really nice, while others missed the point (family crest, just... no.)
I don't have too much issue with the addon tweaks. Pinky Finger was way too easy to backrev and you can still iribelt it with the +2 bottle addon. But I'm extremely unhappy that boons have not been addressed and we didn't get a Legion or Ghostface rework.
Wait we got patch notes?? Where
No just got buffed add-ons on a gutted killer
Not everybody thinks Twins are bad. OhTofu put them in S Tier this week on his high level killer list, and Otz has them between A and B tier.
I don't understand how the title and the thread are connected.
Bad is not right word for them. I think they should be described same as Deathslinger. Just clumsy
That Victor fatigue where you have to wait 5 seconds and then you are slowed for 2 seconds after each down is just annoying. Otz complained about that a lot btw...
got any proof of that match wise, cause anywhere I go I constantly hear that the twins are buggy as ######### and victor doesn't work half the time.
You seem like the person that if they put Clown in S tier and you would believe them. I get it they are good killer players but not everything they say is reliable
I don't really care about addon changes. It kinda makes sense to nerf overused addons and buff bad addons.
If they would nerf basekit, that would be issue. Looking at Wraith...
Tofu put them in S because he casted a tournament where they destroyed everyone. Because the tournament banned any twins counters.
Well except that they didn't put Clown in S Tier. And while I'm not saying you should take everything every streamer says at face value I'm saying that when multiple major streamers don't consider Twins trash it's likely that the statement "Twins are trash" doesn't actually have consensus behind it.
He goes into pretty great detail why he put them in S Tier, it's not just that tournament.
Well, one of these buffs is actually decent, 45 seconds of exposed is no joke.
But let's actually look at the other "buffs", would you really call a buff 30 seconds of Blindness Status Effect instead of 15 seconds? I don't think so.
I cannot find the third buff tho.
Actually that 15 second to now 30 second increase in Blindness is a big buff for the add-on. It basically means the survivors are blind twice as long during the match due to the add-on. Now how good or bad you think Blindness is depends on your point of view (it's definitely better against solo players than swfs for example), but if for the sake of argument you think Blindness is a reasonably ok condition to inflict then having twice as much of it is a nice boost.
People bought Mikaela for her Boons
I bought her because I think ginger people are pretty
We are not the same
People will still use toy sword and marvins blood, because they are so good. So it should be seen as a nerf for most players, while people playing around with lot's of different addons won't care. And people never using these nerfed popular addons got a buff, if they exist because I see the addons on every Nemesis and Twins more or less.
Double of nothing is still nothing, 30 seconds of Blindness, even applied to solo q Survivors, isn't enough to justify an add-on slot.
You can still see the hook bubble notification when hooking people, also it only gets applied when removing Victor, right? So probably no heavy slug game there. If it applies also while you're bonding with your new best friend Victor, it wouldn't really matter since you're most likely being chased anyways.
So the only thing it can do is prevent usage of aura reading perks, which there are many of them, but not many of them are used from my experience.
You can't nerf something just because it's used frequently. You have to look at *why* is it used frequently. Context is just as important as raw numbers.
It's funny how killers can't just get buffs. If there are going to be killer buffs, there HAS to be SOME killer nerfs too. Like, "this addon is used too often, so let's nerf that." Weird how addons that get used all the time for survivor items don't get nerfed to make up for survivor buffs.
Like, "oh Circle of Healing is good, let's nerf the Med-Kit needle in compensation." Doesn't happen. But "we're making one of Nemesis's 'never used' addons better, so let's make his 'often used' addons worse" kind stuff happens all the time.
No parity at all.
Most likely because other addons suck :D
I am not saying that I agree with nerfing them. It's just not that big issue for me as basekit changes.
Just to clarify a bit, Blindness works on all auras except the following killer ability auras
But all other auras are hidden from Blind survivors. That includes
There honestly is a lot of aura information that survivors tend to take for granted.
On a tangent, one interesting thing to try also is combine Blindness with killer perks that have a weakness where the survivors see an aura. off hand the ones I can think of would be
I'm not saying Blindness is super powerful or anything like that, but it's not useless, especially against solos.
Because you don't understand how nerfing some perks while buffing others is not a net 0 change.
If you nerf yellow add-ons that are used as a QOL change for a killer, but buff their already useless ultra rares that no one will use anyway, that's still a significant nerf.
I guess it can be useful with a build around it, but I don't see 30 seconds as being a very huge amount.
Every Blindness Status Effect Add-on should be applied for at least 60 seconds or more, otherwise I just don't see it being very impactful, even against solo q Survivors.
Maybe? Guess we'll see (no pun intended).
The fact that you believe that Clown and Twins are not high tier killers says it all about the credibility of your knowledge on the subject. If that can reassures you, most of this playerbase is in the same boat as you.