If its called "Decisive Strike"...why is it not decisive?

Seriously think about it.

The perk was garbage before the nerf (people would just tunnel through it anyway) but now it's even more garbage cause it deactivates if you sneeze.

I'm here for the totem and gen deactivation but healing? Seriously? It should deactivate when you finish healing.

Those opinions aside, they should alter it since it's still trash.

Make it actually decisive.

(it's not called Lucky Strike)

Rather than a sad one-shot skill check, it should be switched to Active Ability key/button, and you should be able to decide when to use it. (Still with one use of course) It's meant to discourage tunneling, no? Well, what's more discouraging than walking to a hook laughing to yourself about how easy that tunnel was only to get stabbed before you get your hook?


I play both sides and I've never had a problem with Decisive Strike as a killer.

I think the only people who complained about it were those who actively want to and like to tunnel.

(Which I do on occasion as well, like anyone playing Killer does. But never once have I gotten stabbed and said "I didn't deserve that")


EDIT: For those who don't read the comments, I agree, the deciding when to use it is a bit much and abusable so scratch that bit, but aside from that, the rest of my opinion still stands. It's my opinion and you don't have to agree. :]

Comments

  • 10k posts on the 31st of December, maybe another 10k by the end of the next year?

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722971#Comment_2722971

    10k posts on the 31st of December, maybe another 10k by the end of the next year?

    I'll take being alive at the end of next year, another 10K posts is pushing it lmao

  • @AngyKiller said:

    Oh boy! Let's make DStrike more powerful by removing the skillcheck, and let Survivors do it on demand! This way, they can DStrike as they are brought to a hook, thereby wasting the Killer's time!

    Time, I may add, with the current gen-speeds, the Killer barely has any of!

    Not to mention; I've hooked Survivors who never popped their DStrike. I can only assume it's because they screwed up, thereby giving me a 2nd, or even death-hook, I would not have had otherwise.

    Then there's the times Survivors may let the skillcheck pass because it looks like a friend is about to get a Flashy or Pallet-stun, only for them to screw up.

    Your idea removes that. It becomes a binary 'Screw the Killer on demand' button. And even if each Survivor gets 1 use still; that's 4 'Screw the Killer' buttons per match.

    Wait for a pallet save; they missed! *Presses "Screw the Killer" button*

    My friend is going to try a flashlight save! They messed up! *Presses the "I get away free" button*

    Pass. Even if it's a bit harder to see on first glance; this change would completely break the power. It goes from 'Use now or miss it' to 'Use whenever I want, because screw you, Killer'.

    It changes attempted saves from 'Do I DStrike or see if the pallet save works?' to 'I'll see if the pallet save works, THEN Dstrike at will if it don't'

    A measured and well thought out response without vitriol, snarkyness or trying to demean your debate opponent. A rare sight on this forums, therefore I applaud you. For being such an angry killer I came to like your last few topics and comments :)

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722974#Comment_2722974

    I'll take being alive at the end of next year, another 10K posts is pushing it lmao

    Fair enough lol

  • Imagine calling one of the most controversial and OP perks "garbage".

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    If it's called No One Escapes Death.. why do people escape?

    If it's called overwhelming presence.. Why is it so underwhelming?

  • It should be buffed in some way in its Anti-Tunnel aspect. Since currently, the strong Killers laugh about DS, a Nurse is back at you in seconds, same goes for Blight and Spirit.

    It should either stop the timer when in chase or slugged (you are still being tunneled, even if the Killer does not manage to catch you in 60 seconds... not the Survivors fault if the Killer is bad...). Or Scratchmarks, grunts of pain and Pools of Blood should be removed for a few seconds after the stun so that the Survivor can actually get away and even a Nurse needs to figure out where they went before they can just blink after them.

  • Only change it needs imo is being able to use it after both unhooks. Everything else is fine.

  • @Epitome said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722779#Comment_2722779

    Fair. I didn't get to know OG decisive. (think I have 3yrs in dbd now?)

    But I knew it before it's nerf and after. I've never viewed it as a powerful perk personally and it never ruined my life while playing killer.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722787#Comment_2722787

    Also to this: Everyone has a different experience playing the game and I personally find playing killer easier and more relaxing.

    I don't sweat my soul out to "be a good Killer" and I usually get 3-4K on average. Like...is the whole stigma here about losing a 4K over DS? Cause okay I can sorta see that...I guess? It's a bit of a sweaty mentality though.

    No the stigma is that losing that much pressure against decent survivors will lose you not just the 4k often it will result in a 4 out, especially if you're playing a lower-tier killer on a bad map

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    If it's called No One Escapes Death.. why do people escape?

    Asking the real question here.

  • @Epitome said:

    Seriously think about it.

    The perk was garbage before the nerf (people would just tunnel through it anyway) but now it's even more garbage cause it deactivates if you sneeze.

    I'm here for the totem and gen deactivation but healing? Seriously? It should deactivate when you finish healing.

    Those opinions aside, they should alter it since it's still trash.

    Make it actually decisive.

    (it's not called Lucky Strike)

    Rather than a sad one-shot skill check, it should be switched to Active Ability key/button, and you should be able to decide when to use it. (Still with one use of course) It's meant to discourage tunneling, no? Well, what's more discouraging than walking to a hook laughing to yourself about how easy that tunnel was only to get stabbed before you get your hook?

    I play both sides and I've never had a problem with Decisive Strike as a killer.

    I think the only people who complained about it were those who actively want to and like to tunnel.

    (Which I do on occasion as well, like anyone playing Killer does. But never once have I gotten stabbed and said "I didn't deserve that")

    EDIT: For those who don't read the comments, I agree, the deciding when to use it is a bit much and abusable so scratch that bit, but aside from that, the rest of my opinion still stands. It's my opinion and you don't have to agree. :]

    get better

  • @Epitome said:

    Seriously think about it.

    The perk was garbage before the nerf (people would just tunnel through it anyway) but now it's even more garbage cause it deactivates if you sneeze.

    I'm here for the totem and gen deactivation but healing? Seriously? It should deactivate when you finish healing.

    Those opinions aside, they should alter it since it's still trash.

    Make it actually decisive.

    (it's not called Lucky Strike)

    Rather than a sad one-shot skill check, it should be switched to Active Ability key/button, and you should be able to decide when to use it. (Still with one use of course) It's meant to discourage tunneling, no? Well, what's more discouraging than walking to a hook laughing to yourself about how easy that tunnel was only to get stabbed before you get your hook?

    I play both sides and I've never had a problem with Decisive Strike as a killer.

    I think the only people who complained about it were those who actively want to and like to tunnel.

    (Which I do on occasion as well, like anyone playing Killer does. But never once have I gotten stabbed and said "I didn't deserve that")

    EDIT: For those who don't read the comments, I agree, the deciding when to use it is a bit much and abusable so scratch that bit, but aside from that, the rest of my opinion still stands. It's my opinion and you don't have to agree. :]

    Ok if you're going to pretend like the only people who complain about decisive strike being a pain was tunnellers you're being willfully ignorant.


    The amount of videos out there showing people not tunneling and still getting decisive striked or having survivors go out of their way of force the killer to trigger decisive strike is proof that it was not overpowered it was just annoying.

    The problem with pre nerf decisive strike was that it gave way too much of a freedom bubble.

    Don't worry you have 60 seconds of immunity so you could pop a Jen the killer's face they tried to pull you off it they get punished.

    Go for a stupid save don't worry if the killer decides not to tunnel the person who just got off hook and pick you up instead they get punished

    The problem was not how strong the Perk wise no problem was that because of the safety bubbling provided in allowed people to play in a way that became very aggravating for the Killer if you don't have a problem with it congratulations other people did.

    And once again saying the only people who had a problem with it was tunnelers is you choosing to ignore the evidence of how much of a problem it was.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It should be buffed in some way in its Anti-Tunnel aspect. Since currently, the strong Killers laugh about DS, a Nurse is back at you in seconds, same goes for Blight and Spirit.

    It should either stop the timer when in chase or slugged (you are still being tunneled, even if the Killer does not manage to catch you in 60 seconds... not the Survivors fault if the Killer is bad...). Or Scratchmarks, grunts of pain and Pools of Blood should be removed for a few seconds after the stun so that the Survivor can actually get away and even a Nurse needs to figure out where they went before they can just blink after them.

    Agreed. It does need some kind of buff. It just isn't a good perk in my opinion.

  • This is just like saying: if it's called NOED then why do the survivors escape the match alive? Why not just instantly down them all after the last gen is completed and not allow them to get back up through Unbreakable and not be able to escape hatch. xD

    Jokes aside, DS is in a good spot the way it is now.

1 2 ›