Currently have a hacker streaming on my team.

So, when is something going to be done about hackers? Because if it comes to a point these time wasters are even streaming about, it seems like everyone is just free to do whatever they please without punishment.

This is the third hacker I have in my lobby today, it's not even funny anymore. This is getting worse than GTA online.

Comments

  • If the hacker was streaming, you should be able to download their vod to use as evidence in a report or even just point BHVR at the stream channel.

  • I don't think they care at this point

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    I don't think they care at this point

    At this point they're more worried about people who want to play fair shaming them on here than them hacking and ruining the experience for everyone else.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    If the hacker was streaming, you should be able to download their vod to use as evidence in a report or even just point BHVR at the stream channel.

    There's this hacker that I've faced consistently for 4 years he used to stream it on twitch as well in the beginning I must've reported him through bhvrs official report system with links to his vods atleast 20 times he finally stopped streaming cause he got banned on twitch but I just matched up with him again last week so he's still doing it

    They don't care

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720252#Comment_2720252

    There's this hacker that I've faced consistently for 4 years he used to stream it on twitch as well in the beginning I must've reported him through bhvrs official report system with links to his vods atleast 20 times he finally stopped streaming cause he got banned on twitch but I just matched up with him again last week so he's still doing it

    They don't care

    I reported him on twitch as well. This is at least his second account, has like 9 followers now.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720326#Comment_2720326

    I reported him on twitch as well. This is at least his second account, has like 9 followers now.

    Oh youll get him banned on twitch they actually do something about hacking but I'm 100% certain that he'll still be playing and still be hacking

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720335#Comment_2720335

    Oh youll get him banned on twitch they actually do something about hacking but I'm 100% certain that he'll still be playing and still be hacking

    I'm tired of feeling the need to give killers a kill because I refuse to escape with hackers on my team because I find it extremely unfair.

    This match was against a legion, the hacker made her locked in the carrying animation so I couldnt even get her to hook me since she couldnt pick me up. Had to rush all gens and die to the collapse. This one was also in a swf and their buddy at the start kept teleporting to hooks and flying while in the pick up animation, that's how the killer got stuck.

    Earlier today I got a nurse that downed us all at the same time and made us fall through the map. This one wasn't streaming but she admitted in post game chat and even said "it was a mistake I was trying to get infinite blinks".

    I'm quite done with these mfs.

  • Seeing how things are I don't think they'll ever do anything.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720337#Comment_2720337

    I'm tired of feeling the need to give killers a kill because I refuse to escape with hackers on my team because I find it extremely unfair.

    This match was against a legion, the hacker made her locked in the carrying animation so I couldnt even get her to hook me since she couldnt pick me up. Had to rush all gens and die to the collapse. This one was also in a swf and their buddy at the start kept teleporting to hooks and flying while in the pick up animation, that's how the killer got stuck.

    Earlier today I got a nurse that downed us all at the same time and made us fall through the map. This one wasn't streaming but she admitted in post game chat and even said "it was a mistake I was trying to get infinite blinks".

    I'm quite done with these mfs.

    Bhvr has never publicly announced anything at all about working towards or attempting to work towards the hacking problems

    Any time a thread like this pops up a dev pops up and says " oh it's not that easy we ban people all the time and the just find new ways" ok I can respect and understand that but I've also worked on games and ik it's really not that hard to detect when a player is flying when they shouldn't be able to and when someone heals 15 health states in 1 minute

    And those types of hacks have been in the game since it's inception which is just sad

  • bhvr is mostly on holiday around this time of year. Good luck getting any results until next year.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720291#Comment_2720291

    At this point they're more worried about people who want to play fair shaming them on here than them hacking and ruining the experience for everyone else.

    Yup

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    If the hacker was streaming, you should be able to download their vod to use as evidence in a report or even just point BHVR at the stream channel.

    If it's a specific Russian player who basically runs a stream where he does nothing but cheat, people have tried for months.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720252#Comment_2720252

    If it's a specific Russian player who basically runs a stream where he does nothing but cheat, people have tried for months.

    Idk which one that is but this one his twitch name starts with P and ends with e and he is from Russia.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720430#Comment_2720430

    It is. His twitch name starts with P and ends with e.

    Yeah I think that might be the same guy.

    Twitch for some reason refuses to ban him, and (apparently) he has a hack that lets him unlock all perks simultaneously on his survivor. If he gets banned, he just grabs another cheapo account and gets right back to it. I think he popped up in an Otz stream a bit back, and if that doesn't get him banned then I don't think anything will.

  • I'd like to add: this same hacker, I tuned into his stream now and is already playing from a different account while his friend is using his other one. So he has at least 2 accounts. Amazing.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720432#Comment_2720432

    Yeah I think that might be the same guy.

    Twitch for some reason refuses to ban him, and (apparently) he has a hack that lets him unlock all perks simultaneously on his survivor. If he gets banned, he just grabs another cheapo account and gets right back to it. I think he popped up in an Otz stream a bit back, and if that doesn't get him banned then I don't think anything will.

    I really don't know what to say anymore.

    With all the issue the game has, this is actually getting on my nerves.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    If the hacker was streaming, you should be able to download their vod to use as evidence in a report or even just point BHVR at the stream channel.

    Only for nothing to happen

  • @Marigoria said:

    So, when is something going to be done about hackers? Because if it comes to a point these time wasters are even streaming about, it seems like everyone is just free to do whatever they please without punishment.

    This is the third hacker I have in my lobby today, it's not even funny anymore. This is getting worse than GTA online.

    Sorry this happened.

    I know it sucks :(

  • It's almost not worth to report. It's too much work to have to have a recording software + having it on + recording + saving + writing the whole report + getting player ID + getting player ID64, when they are taking months to reply to support tickets and a lot of the time nothing even happens.

  • I wouldn't be so annoyed about it if I knew reports and cheaters/hackers are actually getting banned. Support system right now seems quite inconsistent, when there's people who haven't had a reply in months besides a random automated message.

  • You want it to stop. We as a community can make that happen instantly. STOP playing, supporting, and streaming the game until they fix it.

  • @skratchh said:

    You want it to stop. We as a community can make that happen instantly. STOP playing, supporting, and streaming the game until they fix it. People are too afraid because they make money off no matter what. I don't blame them they have to make a living but as FOG WHISPERS how are you all not standing up as a group and saying something. You suppose to be supporting the community as ambassadors. Have you done anything as a whisperer? Have you done anything as a content creator? have you as a player demanding them change this. I have had to stop playing it for a long time came back today and saw it is still an issue. As influencers in this community please use your power as some of you have to help get this sorted out. I really hope the devs do something or we will lose our game forever. We need more to take a stand on this. I mean a HARD stand. Let's be honest I know a lot of people have tried a nice route but that hasn't changed a thing. Some of you have a bigger influence than you might want to believe. Maybe it is truly broken nothing they can do. I am not calling out anyone at all but looking for help from the true community. Maybe stop being toxic to each other as so many are we work together to root these people out. If you are ok with the hackers don't see it as a huge issue then fine that's a stance you stand on.

    Me stop playing the game wont stop hackers. I'm also not a fog whisperer what

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720626#Comment_2720626

    Me stop playing the game wont stop hackers. I'm also not a fog whisperer what

    That's why as a COMMUNITY we do it together. If enough of us would do it then something would happen. Imagine if you help by starting to do that and spread the word too all your friends that do play it. Streamers and content creators did it also. It have a snowball effect

  • @skratchh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720632#Comment_2720632

    That's why as a COMMUNITY we do it together. If enough of us would do it then something would happen. Imagine if you help by starting to do that and spread the word too all your friends that do play it. Streamers and content creators did it also. It have a snowball effect

    Streamers and content creators will not stop playing the game because they earn money doing so.

    There is never going to be enough people not playing for it to make a change at all.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720638#Comment_2720638

    Streamers and content creators will not stop playing the game because they earn money doing so.

    There is never going to be enough people not playing for it to make a change at all.

    I am glad most people do not think this way.

  • Of course they dont, that's why there's thousands of players playing right now. LOL.

    You coming to a thread about me complaining about hackers, acting like hackers exist because of me. Genius dude. If you made your account just to make this type of ignorant comments, might as well delete it again.

  • I never said they exist because of you but you coming here complaining but willing to do NOTHING to help solve it. But I am the issue. This is why as a society we are going downhill. You think everything needs to be placed in front of you on a golden platter. Stop getting offended by what is said to you. if you are willing to do nothing then stop complaining about it then and enjoy the game as is. I probably have more hours in this game than you so i just don't post much and i know why i need to stop because insults are always the way to win arguments here.

  • Is it possible this hacker is constantly shifting their VPN, making them harder to be perma-banned? Are they having old accounts banned, but constantly opening new ones, then using that to evade issues?

    My knowledge of how effective this would be and how to hard counter vpn-changing isn't great, and I'm sure there may be other ways they can hide (maybe even resurrect) old accounts, depending on hacking skill.

    How do people permanently stop a hacker without not resorting to bricking their computer?

  • I think someone said earlier they have data of games they can tell when someone is cheating it should be an instant ban every single time. They will get tired of playing and leave. Like healing full state flying in the air. There is coding for them to see all this. BHV has the data but refuses to tell us they are doing anything about it for some reason good or bad we don't know as a community. Many people have sent in video evidence and NOTHING. So either they do not care(which could be) or they going to do a MASSIVE ban at once in the future.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    Is it possible this hacker is constantly shifting their VPN, making them harder to be perma-banned? Are they having old accounts banned, but constantly opening new ones, then using that to evade issues?

    My knowledge of how effective this would be and how to hard counter vpn-changing isn't great, and I'm sure there may be other ways they can hide (maybe even resurrect) old accounts, depending on hacking skill.

    How do people permanently stop a hacker without not resorting to bricking their computer?

    I dont think they get IP banned. Just account banned. And they keep buying more cheap ones.

  • How hard is it for BHVR to implement a change that would have the match end after the EGC? The fact that hackers can keep killers locked into a match indefinitely is ridiculous. Matchmaking penalty shouldn't exist when such a thing happens.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720698#Comment_2720698

    I dont think they get IP banned. Just account banned. And they keep buying more cheap ones.

    What would it take for BHVR to develop an system that would ban the IP?

  • Maybe it's worth trying to mass report him on Steam until it locks him out of *all* accounts tied to his email and phone number (if there are any games he actually paid for, that would be a shame) or puts a trade ban on all his accounts?

    I know that Steam is far from perfect when it comes to penalizing hackers and spammers, but I don't think we'll get any response from BHVR, so pestering Steam to take more serious measures is pretty much the only thing to do.

    Another way to deal with him (and any other hackers whose nickname you remember) is to literally ostracize them in the game. See a hacker join your lobby? Warn other players in chat, tell them to get away from that POS, and leave the lobby. It won't do much, because not all players will heed the warning and leave, and even if they will, the hacker will find a lobby with clueless folk in the end...but at least you refuse to participate in their BS and do your part in informing people.

  • @SpitefulHateful said:

    Maybe it's worth trying to mass report him on Steam until it locks him out of *all* accounts tied to his email and phone number (if there are any games he actually paid for, that would be a shame) or puts a trade ban on all his accounts?

    I know that Steam is far from perfect when it comes to penalizing hackers and spammers, but I don't think we'll get any response from BHVR, so pestering Steam to take more serious measures is pretty much the only thing to do.

    Another way to deal with him (and any other hackers whose nickname you remember) is to literally ostracize them in the game. See a hacker join your lobby? Warn other players in chat, tell them to get away from that POS, and leave the lobby. It won't do much, because not all players will heed the warning and leave, and even if they will, the hacker will find a lobby with clueless folk in the end...but at least you refuse to participate in their BS and do your part in informing people.

    I always warn other players in chat, since I'm on crossplay off I see a lot of the same people in the lobby and people just get known that way. I found the same hacker earlier, again, and warned the others in the lobby and dodged.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720337#Comment_2720337

    I'm tired of feeling the need to give killers a kill because I refuse to escape with hackers on my team because I find it extremely unfair.

    This match was against a legion, the hacker made her locked in the carrying animation so I couldnt even get her to hook me since she couldnt pick me up. Had to rush all gens and die to the collapse. This one was also in a swf and their buddy at the start kept teleporting to hooks and flying while in the pick up animation, that's how the killer got stuck.

    Earlier today I got a nurse that downed us all at the same time and made us fall through the map. This one wasn't streaming but she admitted in post game chat and even said "it was a mistake I was trying to get infinite blinks".

    I'm quite done with these mfs.

    I had a hacker in a match once. I couldn't put the person I was carrying down or move. And the other person that escaped started talking trash. He got butthurt because I apparently camped him last match, which I didn't. I hooked him one time and his teammates bailed immediately