Why are solo teammates so incredibly scared to go for hook saves?
i always run the same build in solo q iron will, bond, kindred and open handed the reason being iron will because im addicted to it because its op bond so that when i am looping i can work around my team or to get healed quickly and kindred because for some reason people are actually petrified of getting saves in solo q like they actually think dying in the game is dying irl. the amount of times i get left on first hook after taking chase for 2-4 gens is actually insane, now i don't expect everyone to be as careless as me about losing because i will sacrifice myself to get someone out whenever they need it but like if i have kindred open handed and the killer is literally more then 32m away why is it so scary to get a save to the point where i just die on first hook?
Comments
this typically happens at the lowest, and highest mmrs. lowest because people that low are generally new and immersed, playing the game as a horror survival game. at the highest its because gens = wins so the mindset becomes "why leave a gen if you arent being chased off it?"
for the rest its likely a thought of "oh someone else will unhook them, I dont have to" kind of the equivalent of real life scenarios where people hearing someone in need of help will assume that another nearby person will go help them, so they dont have to go themselves. of course when everyone thinks that way, no one goes to help.
Ha, the other day I was playing and I got 5 unhooks and did 2 out of the 5 gens, Killer got me when there was 1 gen left, I was running Kindred and all 3 of them were huddled around the same gen on the other side of the map, they stayed there until it was finished and all 3 of them ran to the same exit gate and just ran out.
Thing is that with Kindred they would have known that the killer wasn't camping me and they could have quite easily got the save, I was a little annoyed at that one I'll admit, first hook at end game and they just left me to die.
I always try to get as many unhooks as I can, unless I'm on my second hook early in the game then I'll go stealth mode and just try to survive and hug as many gens as possible.
Running deliverance, ds, dh and iw will help if you get those kind of teammates often.
Also medkits.
yeah but thats just so boring :(
yeah im probably pretty low tbh because i sacrifice myself alot to get other people out/ just get left on hook after carrying but mmr is so good and will account for that right.... right?
I think it is better than expecting your teammates to do what you think they should. You can't control peoples minds unfortunately.
Maybe you can do 50-50. 2 non meta perks you enjoy and 2 that helps you survive. I would bring medkit in any case tho.
You need to adapt somehow it is how it is.
My teammates are usually pretty good
No. According to the galaxy brained MMR formula for survivor, escapes are all that factor in. Skill isn't factored into skill based matchmaking on the survivor side. Someone who runs a killer for 4 gens and dies has their MMR go down while the 3 who hid, did gens, and escape because they never saw the killer have their MMR go up. It's brilliant.
I hate to be a broken record, but it's partially because of voice communications.
SWFs can tell each other when the Killer leaves, or camps, or which direction the Killer is going, or if he's returning.
Solos have to sneak closer, remain unseen, and gather information for themselves, and may be unlucky enough to be in the direction the Killer chooses to go. Plus, they have no safety net of knowing their SWF buddy will save them in return, so they have to wonder if it's worth the risk. (You know; the way the game is 100% intended to be played)
Give me your teammates! Mine usually kill themselves on hook, get downed in 10 seconds, won't unhook/do gens, etc. ๐๏ธ
I have those too, but maybe in 1 or 2 games out of 10, otherwise they are pretty above average players with good game sense
I just stay on the gens and don't really save, because if I don't then nobody will. The others though have no excuse. I see them slowly walking towards the hook when the killer's not even around. Stuff like that.
Damn, my teammates can't throw the game fast enough swarming the hooked dude.
Same here. People be rushing the hook as soon as you get hooked without BT just so you get hooked again.
Same for me. Teammates unhooking in front of the killer and swarming the slugged survivor near the killer is a problem, too.
Personally, I'm not scared, I just gave up on being altruistic.
If the shoe were on the other foot, the other survivor would likely leave you to die.
Solo q may as well be a battle royale, where alliances are negotiated but often betrayed when convenient.
Those Bills are an exception.
As a Solo player I can guarantee if Im far away from the hook odds are its on the team best interests I keep doing the gen Im doing than trying to unhook only to meet with another rescuer thus wasting work on gens, if Im close Ill rush after Killer is gone so the other 2 dont waste much time.
The problem with this mindset is occasionally nobody goes to rescue and someone goes into stage 2 but its very rare for this to happen, usually its just 2 or 3 people going for unhook, wasting a lot of efficiency, after a thousand games almost all Solos end up like this.
why tho what is fun about escaping if you just have no actual fun in the match and hold m1 on gens?
yeah but thats why i bring kindred so everyone can see what the other teammates are doing and what the killer is doing
What's so fun about doing everything you can to help other survivors only for them to almost literally throw you to the killer and give you crap for "not doing gens and helping the team" in the post-game chat? I wasn't farming them at the hook or healing them in front of the approaching killer, I used Guardian and BT to make sure they don't get caught after getting unhooked, I distracted the killer and took protection hits - and that was the treatment I got in the end. So, yes, I have way more fun doing my objectives and escaping than risking my win for a bunch of people who will always think that my teamwork is not good enough.