So slinger is just gonna stay in this tragic state?

image.png

Sponsored by MS paint, Airal black, snipping tool, google images and 5 minutes of my time.

"Going on a break" is funny because the balance team has clearly been on a break for the entire year, with mclean (who isn't even a balance dev) hard carrying it with some actual decent changes.

Please revert the ADS time for slinger.

[Also for whoever reads this merry soon-to-be christmas :)]

Comments

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714686#Comment_2714686

    Oh I know it's meant to be fun but that's the dev's job, not the killer's so again that doesn't matter.

    But you go into a thread and complain when they remove a mechanic that was unfun? After admitting its literally their job to stimulate it?

    Again, I'm not saying every nerf was justified, but quickshotting absolutely needed to go.

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714183#Comment_2714183

    I mean, that's how it was pretty much. You were able to flick it up faster than someone could react. Which means they had no input or ability to juke, so it was entirely on the killer to hit the shot.

    But that's not fun if only one side has say in how a scenario goes. Look at Spirit before her nerfs; she was terribly unfun because she had pretty much constant control of a situation. Now, she retains a good amount of her power while now giving survivors something to work from.

    Its the same thing with Slinger; they needed to get rid of his ability to just quick-shot because it put a survivor in a scenario where they had no say in the matter. And in a game where its supposed to be You Vs Them and not You Vs Bots, that's not fun.

    I agree he's been nerfed way too much. His TR nerf made no sense and people who complained really were being overdramatic considering the killer isn't that strong in the first place.

    But you're joking if you think a 0.4 second windup actually affects your ability as a Deathslinger besides giving survivors less than half a second to react. Which is the idea.

    We all agree the quick aim needed to go but the tr nerf was totally unnecessary and didn't need to happen

    Did you know he is the only 4.4 killer with a 32 meter tr

    Hag moves at 4.4 has a 24tr

    Trickster moves at 4.4 has a 24tr

    Huntress moves at 4.4 has a lullaby

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714704#Comment_2714704

    But you go into a thread and complain when they remove a mechanic that was unfun? After admitting its literally their job to stimulate it?

    yes because 1. it's for a character I play not one I am against so the mechanics are something people who play him have to deal with and 2 DS was one of the main reasons I ever came back to this broken mess.

    You on the other hand are trying to make it seem about it being "unfun" not for people who play the killer but for the survivors who didn't like dealing with him which again is not the killer's problem.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714712#Comment_2714712

    yes because 1. it's for a character I play not one I am against so the mechanics are something people who play him have to deal with and 2 DS was one of the main reasons I ever came back to this broken mess.

    You on the other hand are trying to make it seem about it being "unfun" not for people who play the killer but for the survivors who didn't like dealing with him which again is not the killer's problem.

    So you're literally just admitting that the problem is that you're a selfish prig who only cares about your own fun.

    I mean, we seem to have found the problem; its you.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713764#Comment_2713764

    I'm sure it sucks for you that you can no longer rely on quick scoping to get shots on console and moved on to Trickster where you no longer have to aim as precise but keep practicing man.

    Man you should go to twitter if yall wanna bait that hard smh.

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714715#Comment_2714715

    So you're literally just admitting that the problem is that you're a selfish prig who only cares about your own fun.

    I mean, we seem to have found the problem; its you.

    Riiight, how would that work for any other PVP game? "Oh, the other team is making it unfun they must be punished." A game's fun is on the game not the players so tell me then Where is the rule that the killer has to make the game fun for survivors and Why should they care. That is not being selfish that is just how PVP games work.

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714715#Comment_2714715

    So you're literally just admitting that the problem is that you're a selfish prig who only cares about your own fun.

    I mean, we seem to have found the problem; its you.

    You still haven't provided a definite reason why the quickscope was objectively bad game design. I have put forward my points to why I think it was fine:

    • You could see where the deathslinger could or could not shoot. Not like an old spirit situation where there was no indication of what's happening
    • I've disproved that "It's up to the slinger to miss" in an earlier comment. Simply it's due to the travel time and quick survivor strafe speed.
    • You are not forced to dodge if he lifts, you can predict him going to zone you and keep running, similar to a TL mindgame.

    Like if you wanna trigger some people it's called baiting in BHVR twitter replies with ######### takes, that's what I do and it's funny asf. But why the forums?

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714183#Comment_2714183

    I mean, that's how it was pretty much. You were able to flick it up faster than someone could react. Which means they had no input or ability to juke, so it was entirely on the killer to hit the shot.

    But that's not fun if only one side has say in how a scenario goes. Look at Spirit before her nerfs; she was terribly unfun because she had pretty much constant control of a situation. Now, she retains a good amount of her power while now giving survivors something to work from.

    Its the same thing with Slinger; they needed to get rid of his ability to just quick-shot because it put a survivor in a scenario where they had no say in the matter. And in a game where its supposed to be You Vs Them and not You Vs Bots, that's not fun.

    I agree he's been nerfed way too much. His TR nerf made no sense and people who complained really were being overdramatic considering the killer isn't that strong in the first place.

    But you're joking if you think a 0.4 second windup actually affects your ability as a Deathslinger besides giving survivors less than half a second to react. Which is the idea.

    You're missing something though.

    Do you know how many times I have managed to bait an old Deathslinger player into shooting me when I was in a position where he couldn't get the follow up swing?

    The answer is multiple times.

    They could have added counterplay via the reeling mechanic to Deathslinger without butchering quick scoping aka the fun part of him. What the should have nerfed was how fast he can walk backwards while reeling. That speed plus the pulling results in a survivor moving faster than sprint burst. That's way too fast to have a chance to hook yourself on anything. Deathslingers who knew that were actually uncounterable in the 1v1. Those that didn't? They were hella fun to face.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714466#Comment_2714466

    Man you should go to twitter if yall wanna bait that hard smh.

    I'm not baiting. Speaking facts. Console players be built different after all.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714647#Comment_2714647

    You're missing something though.

    Do you know how many times I have managed to bait an old Deathslinger player into shooting me when I was in a position where he couldn't get the follow up swing?

    The answer is multiple times.

    They could have added counterplay via the reeling mechanic to Deathslinger without butchering quick scoping aka the fun part of him. What the should have nerfed was how fast he can walk backwards while reeling. That speed plus the pulling results in a survivor moving faster than sprint burst. That's way too fast to have a chance to hook yourself on anything. Deathslingers who knew that were actually uncounterable in the 1v1. Those that didn't? They were hella fun to face.

    Also, too many survivors don't know you can "wiggle" while being reeled to increase the speed it takes to break the chain.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714727#Comment_2714727

    I'm not baiting. Speaking facts. Console players be built different after all.

    This post was either written by someone that never plays deathslinger

    Or someone that's never watched a high level player play deathslinger cause I can assure you that everybody misses shots and your delusional if you think you can't miss on k&m

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714727#Comment_2714727

    I'm not baiting. Speaking facts. Console players be built different after all.

    Console players sigma grindset playing the game on hard difficulty with 2 FPS.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714736#Comment_2714736

    This post was either written by someone that never plays deathslinger

    Or someone that's never watched a high level player play deathslinger cause I can assure you that everybody misses shots and your delusional if you think you can't miss on k&m

    Congratulations.

    Even the top huntress players miss their hatchets. Frequently, I might add.

    You're literally on par with almost every other ranged killer in the game now.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714725#Comment_2714725

    You still haven't provided a definite reason why the quickscope was objectively bad game design. I have put forward my points to why I think it was fine:

    • You could see where the deathslinger could or could not shoot. Not like an old spirit situation where there was no indication of what's happening
    • I've disproved that "It's up to the slinger to miss" in an earlier comment. Simply it's due to the travel time and quick survivor strafe speed.
    • You are not forced to dodge if he lifts, you can predict him going to zone you and keep running, similar to a TL mindgame.

    Like if you wanna trigger some people it's called baiting in BHVR twitter replies with ######### takes, that's what I do and it's funny asf. But why the forums?

    1) Seeing where he shoots doesn't matter when you have no time to react to it. The only way to react more is if you have distance, and even then its iffy.

    2) Congratulations. Huntress hatches have windup times and travel times. So does Trickster. Trickster even has spread. Literally every ranged killer has to take this into account, but for some reason, as a Slinger main, you think you're the exception to this?

    3) No, its not a prediction game. Its a guessing game. Just like Spirit phasing, you have no idea if he is going to shoot or zone. There is literally no way to tell. If you run in a straight line, he can literally just shoot you unless you're in a position where he can't profit from such a shot. If you dodge and weave, sure he zones you, but that gives him less options than just shooting you. Good survivors can wait it out and bait a shot before dodging. That's what makes a survivor good, y'know, the other ######### half of the playerbase, they exist too? Again, this is not unique to Deathslinger, this is a feature for every ranged killer; they can zone people out and fake a throw. Exception is probably Artist.

    You wonder why nobody wants to give you a peer review study to 'prove' something to you; you've already convinced yourself that you're right.

    image.png


  • There's hardly a reason to choose him over Huntress. 1 difficult to land harpoon vs 5 quick successive hatchet throws.

    With Huntress the hit is guaranteed. You make a really long sexy shot with Deathslinger and the chain could break on a rock. Then, no second harpoon like you do with Huntress, you have to reload while survivor runs away.

  • Razblaze is too funny in this thread, complaining that the guy he's arguing with doesn't care about the survivors fun. You're a regular ScottJund "killer main"

    I've never once heard a survivor main express concern about the killer's fun in this game nor have I ever had a survivor try to make the game more fun for me but the killer is expected to cater to the survivor's fun.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714647#Comment_2714647

    We all agree the quick aim needed to go but the tr nerf was totally unnecessary and didn't need to happen

    Did you know he is the only 4.4 killer with a 32 meter tr

    Hag moves at 4.4 has a 24tr

    Trickster moves at 4.4 has a 24tr

    Huntress moves at 4.4 has a lullaby

    I don't agree with that.

    Aim fake had to go, because it was cheap tactic for free hit, but quick-scope was fine and mainly it was reason why most people played Deathslinger.

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714731#Comment_2714731

    1) Seeing where he shoots doesn't matter when you have no time to react to it. The only way to react more is if you have distance, and even then its iffy.

    2) Congratulations. Huntress hatches have windup times and travel times. So does Trickster. Trickster even has spread. Literally every ranged killer has to take this into account, but for some reason, as a Slinger main, you think you're the exception to this?

    3) No, its not a prediction game. Its a guessing game. Just like Spirit phasing, you have no idea if he is going to shoot or zone. There is literally no way to tell. If you run in a straight line, he can literally just shoot you unless you're in a position where he can't profit from such a shot. If you dodge and weave, sure he zones you, but that gives him less options than just shooting you. Good survivors can wait it out and bait a shot before dodging. That's what makes a survivor good, y'know, the other ######### half of the playerbase, they exist too? Again, this is not unique to Deathslinger, this is a feature for every ranged killer; they can zone people out and fake a throw. Exception is probably Artist.

    You wonder why nobody wants to give you a peer review study to 'prove' something to you; you've already convinced yourself that you're right.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IHA5LOGFMPK2/image.png

    Yes, he should be the exception to this.

    He has limits that those killers don't. Limited range? Can't down over pallets? Can't down over long loops? Now we have normal TR. Small projectile (basically trickster, but DS is way more punished)?

    He has limitations Huntress / Trickster don't have, so why he can't be exception to something they are limited by?

  • @Veinslay said:

    Razblaze is too funny in this thread, complaining that the guy he's arguing with doesn't care about the survivors fun. You're a regular ScottJund "killer main"

    I've never once heard a survivor main express concern about the killer's fun in this game nor have I ever had a survivor try to make the game more fun for me but the killer is expected to cater to the survivor's fun.

    Well, he is just a massive hypocrit... Nothing new.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714736#Comment_2714736

    Console players sigma grindset playing the game on hard difficulty with 2 FPS.

    I'm sure it's difficult for you to understand when Nerfed Gunslinger is basically you console players on Pre nerf Deathslingers lmao.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714736#Comment_2714736

    This post was either written by someone that never plays deathslinger

    Or someone that's never watched a high level player play deathslinger cause I can assure you that everybody misses shots and your delusional if you think you can't miss on k&m

    Nah we might as well don't miss shots in K&M at least not that much in comparison to consoles. The margin for error is frighteningly thin for KbM. Wouldn't expect console players to understand.

  • You just need to play different now. He actually requires a bit of strategy now instead of just instantly firing at someone. Use LoS blockers to your advantage to hide that you're going to fire. Aim a little bit in advance when rounding corners. Bait survivors into make stupid plays by threatening to shoot at them but not actually doing it.

  • Killers' fun shouldn't be hamped by survivors' unfun.

    Even if I still don't like the nerfs done to Spirit, I get why she was nerfed.


    But Deathslinger was never close to the position of getting nerfed.

    It doesn't matter he was viable or not, the complete design of why people liked him is utterly ruined.

    That's why I think Deathslinger got such a harsh nerf and it is miserable as Hillbilly and Freddy cases.

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714744#Comment_2714744

    Congratulations.

    Even the top huntress players miss their hatchets. Frequently, I might add.

    You're literally on par with almost every other ranged killer in the game now.

    But the difference is when huntress misses you just pull up another hatchet instead of sitting through a 3 sec long reload time plus a 2 sec miss animation

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714714#Comment_2714714

    I don't agree with that.

    Aim fake had to go, because it was cheap tactic for free hit, but quick-scope was fine and mainly it was reason why most people played Deathslinger.

    So you think it's fine that they can hear you coming from twice as far as you can shoot?

    Some of these replys leave me questioning how many people that are replying actually play him a lot or are just talking like they do

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714744#Comment_2714744

    Nah we might as well don't miss shots in K&M at least not that much in comparison to consoles. The margin for error is frighteningly thin for KbM. Wouldn't expect console players to understand.

    And that just confirmed everything I've said

    How about instead of making ######### up you go watch otz or dowseys or true or any good PC player play slinger and count how many shots they miss cause I promise you it's way more then whatever it is your thinking it is

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714826#Comment_2714826

    So you think it's fine that they can hear you coming from twice as far as you can shoot?

    Some of these replys leave me questioning how many people that are replying actually play him a lot or are just talking like they do

    He used to be my main, probably around 300 hours just on him.

    I don't agree with: "We all agree the quick aim needed to go"

    Higher TR wasn't needed neither, just 24m lullaby so you can't reduce it, would fix it imo.

    ADS faking was only issue I saw with him and they failed to fix that anyway.

    He is clumsy, worse, less fun, less unique, more limited Huntress....

    I played him mainly for quick-scope, because it was fun to do and super satisfying to get long range shots with it. He is just not fun to play for me anymore.


    If they want to fix him, they have to change whole ADS mechanic, because it's terrible and probably give him secondary power, so he is different from other ranged killers and it should justify his limitations.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714836#Comment_2714836

    And that just confirmed everything I've said

    How about instead of making ######### up you go watch otz or dowseys or true or any good PC player play slinger and count how many shots they miss cause I promise you it's way more then whatever it is your thinking it is

    Oh yeah Otz who somehow can't hit someone running in a straight line. Just because they're good PC killer doesn't mean they can actually aim yawn.

    What's next you tell me Otz is a Good blight player.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714867#Comment_2714867

    Oh yeah Otz who somehow can't hit someone running in a straight line. Just because they're good PC killer doesn't mean they can actually aim yawn.

    What's next you tell me Otz is a Good blight player.

    My favorite part is where you ignore the whole post and focus on one name as soon as you see someone mentioned you dislike

    You know how some people have selective hearing

    Yeah well I think you got selective reading

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714894#Comment_2714894

    My favorite part is where you ignore the whole post and focus on one name as soon as you see someone mentioned you dislike

    You know how some people have selective hearing

    Yeah well I think you got selective reading

    Funny is, I remember only one good slinger main and that was Anaxandra, but she stopped playing with Deathslinger nerf...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714925#Comment_2714925

    Funny is, I remember only one good slinger main and that was Anaxandra, but she stopped playing with Deathslinger nerf...

    I knew a couple good slinger mains but as you said they all stopped playing after the nerfs

    Just like Billy

    Just like Freddy

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714932#Comment_2714932

    I knew a couple good slinger mains but as you said they all stopped playing after the nerfs

    Just like Billy

    Just like Freddy

    Survivor mains don’t care. They won’t be happy until they control all chases. It’s only a matter of time before nurse is nerfed (again).

  • I played Deathslinger once after his nerf and that's it.

    The only things they should have changed was his terror radius (maybe adding some kind of lullaby?) and adding a long enough cooldown whenever he cancels his ADS.

    Increasing his ADS however just made him plain unfun and terrible to play.

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714731#Comment_2714731

    1) Seeing where he shoots doesn't matter when you have no time to react to it. The only way to react more is if you have distance, and even then its iffy.

    2) Congratulations. Huntress hatches have windup times and travel times. So does Trickster. Trickster even has spread. Literally every ranged killer has to take this into account, but for some reason, as a Slinger main, you think you're the exception to this?

    3) No, its not a prediction game. Its a guessing game. Just like Spirit phasing, you have no idea if he is going to shoot or zone. There is literally no way to tell. If you run in a straight line, he can literally just shoot you unless you're in a position where he can't profit from such a shot. If you dodge and weave, sure he zones you, but that gives him less options than just shooting you. Good survivors can wait it out and bait a shot before dodging. That's what makes a survivor good, y'know, the other ######### half of the playerbase, they exist too? Again, this is not unique to Deathslinger, this is a feature for every ranged killer; they can zone people out and fake a throw. Exception is probably Artist.

    You wonder why nobody wants to give you a peer review study to 'prove' something to you; you've already convinced yourself that you're right.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IHA5LOGFMPK2/image.png

    My question is: Why do you need to react to it?

    You can also dodge huntress hatchets due to the start-throw time, basic human reactions, and travel time. The margin of error is also tremendously reduced due to her train sized hitbox. Trickster is well, trickster and really weird. He also has a stupidly long startup throw time, small hitbox, and noticeable travel time. But ya know being able to pelt 40 in 10 seconds kinda removes this counterplay option.


    And oh my god I see the issue now. It's a prediction, not a guess. A spirit you had NO clue where or when she was phasing other than animation resets. And given no direct hint towards her add ons. There was no logical thing you could do other than do something random and pray she isn't samantha and guess the right thing.

    So let me repeat that: Due to old spirit giving no signs of where she is, or what she is doing, when she went in phase you were reliant on basically doing a random thing and hoping it worked.

    Old slinger was NOT like that. You had a clear indication of all angles where he could shoot based on where he was looking, hell you even know how angles would effect the likelyhood of you getting hit due to you knowing where the spear was going to be launched from.

    Unlike spirit, you understood the situation at hand and what the slinger could do to get a certain result, which makes it a prediction. Spirit you had literally zero clue what was happening, making it a guess.

    And for the "if you dodge he zones, if you don't he fires" I already disproved that because once again, due to the slingers reaction time and travel time of the spear, you had to commit to either zoning or firing. You couldn't react mid way to a survivor dodging. Why does everybody consider the survivors reaction time but not the slingers?


    Now if I was convinced I'm right, I wouldn't still be talking here. I come to the forums to debate because honestly it's fun.

  • @Veinslay said:

    Razblaze is too funny in this thread, complaining that the guy he's arguing with doesn't care about the survivors fun. You're a regular ScottJund "killer main"

    I've never once heard a survivor main express concern about the killer's fun in this game nor have I ever had a survivor try to make the game more fun for me but the killer is expected to cater to the survivor's fun.

    Oh, it's not that I don't care about the survivor's fun it's just that when and where other than the survivor's double standard "Honor code" does it say that it's the killer's job to make the game fun for survivors.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714770#Comment_2714770

    I'm sure it's difficult for you to understand when Nerfed Gunslinger is basically you console players on Pre nerf Deathslingers lmao.

    Who gives a ######### if it's console or pc if a character sucks the character sucks doesn't matter what they use.

1 2 3 ›