Survivors, are you serious right now?

Complaining about Lightborn being too strong?

Is this a satire or an actual complaint going on in the community.

A super niche perk, that only ever works if a flashlight is in play.


Let me guess, you wanna blind bully the killer but you can't so your complaining about it.

God I play survivor for god knows how long and this is the dumbest thing I heard in months. (Well weeks)


Let the damn killers have it, it's already bad enough that you guys are increasing the queue times for survivors.

Comments

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Where the hell are these lightborn complaints coming from?

    I've seen far, far more people complaining about people complaining about lightborn than people complaining about lightborn so far.

    My only complaint would be that lightborn pretty much counters the weakest items in the game that only have 1 real use. There is no Lightborn for toolboxes, no Lightborn for medkits, not even Lightborn for keys. It's just flashlights and flashbangs(or similar event items).

    To me, its not about lightborn being powerful, its removing an avoidable mechanic entirely.


    Like, lets say it's finally winter, you see winter crackers for the first time in literal years in chests and bloodwebs. You collect some to use for later in the year cus they are quite fun to use, but relatively difficult ti time due to their fuse. You've died with plenty before they had any real use, or killers were quick to notice the sound and looked up. Now you finally have a moment, it's your last one, you run up to the killer, time it perfectly to drop it aaaaand, denied by lightborn.

    Now you've lost your entire stack of items without any value, without it having any real use in-game because their intended use was entirely blocked by a single perk.


    It's quite obvious why some players are complaining about Lightborn in that scenario. With old Lightborn, event items were a guaranteed killer blind save if you timed it right. A one-time use blind, where flashlights were harder to pull off and needed different timing, but if figured out would still give survivors a flashlight save at the cost of more charges(meaning 5 potential saves turned into 3 potential saves, which is already quite significant).

    I'd say a small change that gives Lightborn more utility, but does not block flashlight saves entirely would be a fair change.

  • This is blown out of proportion. I see more killers complaining about survivors complaining about lightborn. Than I see survivors complaning about lightborn.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2712369#Comment_2712369

    Yes but Survivors complain about more things than Killers those perks that you speak of are the Metas or the ruthlessness of Hit Validation. I have seen more threads by survivors calling for Nerfs than Killers.

    The metas?

    DetHunch is meta? Spine chill? WGLF? Small Game?

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Where the hell are these lightborn complaints coming from?

    I've seen far, far more people complaining about people complaining about lightborn than people complaining about lightborn so far.

    If I run Lightborn there is a strong 50/50 chance I get nasty comments in the endgame chat. This crap is not fiction. Survivors get TILTED when you take away their flashy saves.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2712317#Comment_2712317

    But even you calling it a trash perk clearly wants to start more Drama or part of the group's that wants to alter anyone's viewing of it and make them stop using it.....

    What? I don't care what you use as a perk that's not my concern, clearly you're part of the drama , people are free to use whatever the hell they want to use and I could care less because that's what makes the game fun it would be boring if people ran the same exact build every game because they didn't want to offend anyone

  • Its annoying seing as we get no perks to counter overpowered add ons

1 2 ›