What killers need changed (for the better)?

What killers need changed to make them better or just need QoL changes in general?

I think the main killers that need some changes are Trickster and Twins. Both of these killers are miserable to play as and aren't that strong.

Comments

  • a good half of the roster needs some work

  • Twins I would like to see them more.

  • More sexy skins to keep me motivated in the darkest times...

  • Legion needs it the most I would say.

  • Probably Legion and Ghostface.

  • Also Pig, but I'm afraid that just by mentioning her, it would cause them to nerf Pig.

  • Twins. they are THE killer who need changes.

  • Trickster because he's hilariously bad

    Twins because they are impossibly clunky to play as

  • Michael has seen basically no kind of change atleast in the two years I've been playing, he's more outdated than Trapper at this point and he deserves to be buffed.

    And Twins are just unacceptable, they're in such a terrible spot you can barely call them a functioning killer, I don't think they need to be buffed but they need a mountain of bug fixes.

  • Any of the roster that falls below S tier and A tier.

  • Twins and Trickster are the main candidates imo

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    Any of the roster that falls below S tier and A tier.

    Not every character needs to be a tier

  • Billy, Legion, Ghostface, Twins.

  • Every Killer SHOULD be A tier. There should be 0 bad Killers, that is simply poor design.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2703231#Comment_2703231

    Every Killer SHOULD be A tier. There should be 0 bad Killers, that is simply poor design.

    That is impossible, unless you make every killer identical.

    Some abilities will simply be better than others, be it through their versatility, their effect, or whathaveyou. From there, you’ll see more tier lists emerge, creating the exact same issue you’re trying to combat.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2703312#Comment_2703312

    That is impossible, unless you make every killer identical.

    Some abilities will simply be better than others, be it through their versatility, their effect, or whathaveyou. From there, you’ll see more tier lists emerge, creating the exact same issue you’re trying to combat.

    Every killer should be vaguely in the vicinity of what we consider "good" now, to the point that any new tier list would comfortably fit squarely in a tight band cut out of the current tiers (probably top of B to bottom of S or something). That way they're all playable, and you don't perpetually have a ton of options that live in the land of "your power might do absolutely nothing if you're unlucky or outright harm you".

    • I find Nurse to be incredibly annoying in how she spends half the match staring at her feet. Not in terms of balance, just in terms of how that mechanic looks and feels to play. She’s the only killer I actively don’t play because of that. I would love to see them change it so she could at least keep her head up while she’s recovering from a blink, and then if that turned out to be an overall buff they could balance it out by making her teleport refresh just slightly more slowly. I’m definitely not looking to buff her, just for a quality of life change to make her more fun to play.
    • Deathslinger turns extremely slowly while aiming his rifle, to the point of being kind of frustrating. It feels like moving through molasses all of a sudden while the rifle is raised. I wish they would increase his turning speed while aiming. I don’t know how his stats line up now since his nerf, but even with this turning speed buff he’d still be weaker than he was prior to his recent nerf so I can’t imagine this would make him overpowered,
    • I wish they’d revamp all killer add-ons which give the killer a handicap in exchange for bloodpoints after the match, such as Padded Jaws making Trapper’s traps not injure people but making traps give a higher scoring bloodpoint event. “Balancing” add-ons with bloodpoints is a terrible idea since bloodpoints have no actual impact on the matches themselves. It just makes matches feel out of balance while they’re happening in exchange for the killer maybe, sometimes, getting the same number of bloodpoints they would have gotten normally without the handicap. I wish they’d change these bloodpoint bonuses to something that affects the match, such as with Padded Jaws letting Trapper carry more traps or having them automatically reset or some other significant buff to the ability to compensate for lack of injury.
    • I wish they’d remove map offerings altogether. Those offerings just make certain maps come up way more often in matches simply because players (mainly survivors) feel they have a big edge on them. They cause a lot more frustration overall than whatever benefit they’re intended to give, in my opinion.
    • Replace the Mist offerings with something else. Mist seems to have virtually no effect at all at this point. Maybe it did something long ago but since the graphics revamps and with all the indoor maps and brightly lit outdoor maps I don’t notice any impact from mist. At this point those offerings are just wasted space clogging up the bloodwebs.
    • A small handful of killer perks desperately need a buff. Monstrous Shrine for example is worthless. I’d love to see it get a buff where you can see the basement hooks all the time (to help you plan your chases to zone people toward them) and to make the basement hooks count as bonus Scourge Hooks for related perks. And replace its effect that makes it harder to pull yourself off a hook with something more impactful, like maybe making it take a few seconds longer to pull someone off a basement hook or inflicting a condition on people rescuing or being rescued from a basement hook.
    • I’m not sure precisely what it is about the graphics for completed generators and hook sacrifices, but hey have a weird halo around them that completely blots out everything in that section of the screen and makes it extremely hard to judge the distance to the event or spot survivors in that section of your vision. I wish they would tweak whatever that halo or whatever it is so that it didn’t totally blot out vision there.
    • Very small quality of life request, but replace the noise alert in Spies from the Shadows with crow calls. It would feel way more thematic than hearing an explosion, plus it would be a nice little practical boost to the perk since you could audibly differentiate a crow call from an explosion caused by a generator or vault, etc.
  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2703231#Comment_2703231

    Every Killer SHOULD be A tier. There should be 0 bad Killers, that is simply poor design.

    not every killer needs to be that good though. A tier is alot of easy to play, strong characters like wraith and spirit. i think every killer should be what we consider to be B tier at worst, not A tier.

  • For me, it would be reworks for: trickster, ghostface, twins, hag, freddy and legion.

  • BIlly needs to be more unforgiving especially for new players and Twins need some serious QoL changes.

  • Twins need their nerf taken away

    Wraith needs his lunge back

    Myers needs to be able to break through pallets faster at tier 3 as well as not being able to run out of stalk

    My poor Freddy needs a drastic overhaul (preferably to where he used to be in the beginning)

    Trickster and Deathslinger need their movement speeds increased

    Nemesis needs to be able to injure upon infection OR take away the sprint burst

    Bloody hell I could be here all day... LOL

  • @Aurelle said:

    What killers need changed to make them better or just need QoL changes in general?

    I think the main killers that need some changes are Trickster and Twins. Both of these killers are miserable to play as and aren't that strong.

    Probably a majority of the roster are either to strong or too weak and could use some tweaking to their base kit or add ons there are like maybe 4 killers in the game that i'd argue are perfectly fine in their current state everyone else either needs minor changes to kit or addons or massive overhauls to both.