So swamp and haddonfield just aren't gonna be updated?

Haven't seen any recent news about the realm beyond since around when the RE chapter was released, I think. Was looking forward to the 2 worst maps in the game being made a bit less awful, but it seems like they're just gonna be left the same.

Comments

  • There's a new sound effect on Swamp coming from the lanterns on the docks and some maze tiles I've never heard until this patch. Maybe that can be taken as a hint?

  • We're probably gonna get a Dev update pretty soon, I could be mistaken but I believe we should get a PTB either next week or the week after.

  • The new map probably just took priority over the Swamp rework

  • These maps absolutely should updated. Haddonfield is too big and can spawn very unfair loop-fences. And swamp is ugly as hell

  • @PlayTwink said:

    These maps absolutely should updated. Haddonfield is too big and can spawn very unfair loop-fences. And swamp is ugly as hell

    The unfair loop is once of the probs.The main ones are the houses and the gens on then.Once you repair the ones in the street the game becomes easy except for very specific killers.

  • These maps need to be desperately changed. Balance wise. And graphically can be so much better.

  • Don't forget Mother's Dwelling. That map is bad too.

    But yeah, hopefully these map will get reworked. They desperately need balanced.

  • @Aurelle said:

    Don't forget Mother's Dwelling. That map is bad too.

    But yeah, hopefully these map will get reworked. They desperately need balanced.

    Both of the red forest maps would be passable if they just weren't so massive.

  • @Shroompy said:

    We're probably gonna get a Dev update pretty soon, I could be mistaken but I believe we should get a PTB either next week or the week after.

    I wouldnt expect a dev update or the PTB before the holidays tbh. It’s more likely to come at beginning of January

  • I'm guessing one of them will be reworked in the midchapter. PTB for that comes out in early January.

  • Technically Haddonfield has been changed.

    BL was the biggest issue with that map and now its nowhere near as bad.

    On top of that the god window in Myers house seems to have been completely sealed off - I havent seen it once in months of playing.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    These maps absolutely should updated. Haddonfield is too big and can spawn very unfair loop-fences. And swamp is ugly as hell

    They did update some window spawns on Haddonfield recently,no idea why they didn't chance fence generation too.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2695364#Comment_2695364

    I wouldnt expect a dev update or the PTB before the holidays tbh. It’s more likely to come at beginning of January

    I mean think about it, we get a chapter every 3 months, and a midchapter inbetween, which is 6 weeks after a chapter release. PTB's usually show up 2-3 weeks before actual launch.

    Next week will be the 3 week mark, the week after is the 2 week mark

  • My expectation is low honestly. I don't like their recent map design mentality by adding breakable doors instead.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2695454#Comment_2695454

    I mean think about it, we get a chapter every 3 months, and a midchapter inbetween, which is 6 weeks after a chapter release. PTB's usually show up 2-3 weeks before actual launch.

    Next week will be the 3 week mark, the week after is the 2 week mark

    Yeah. but think about it: holiday season and many people at BHVR aren’t working between Christmas and New Years. It’s really more reasonable to expect the PTB in January. I think past years show the same when we also already had the every 3 months a new chapter pattern..

  • Haddonfield got some silent survivor loop nerf treatment, particularly at main building.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2695496#Comment_2695496

    Yeah. but think about it: holiday season and many people at BHVR aren’t working between Christmas and New Years. It’s really more reasonable to expect the PTB in January. I think past years show the same when we also already had the every 3 months a new chapter pattern..

    thinking about it, yeah you're right.

    Lets take the examples from 2019-2020. Oni released on December 3rd and Deathslinger released March 10th, well over 3 months.

    The next year after, Twins December 1st and Trickster March 30th. An even bigger gap

    If they followed the same 3 months rule we would be getting a chapter in February

  • Oh and Red Forest it definitely needs an update and size reduced.

  • reworking maps doesnt adress balacing issues anyway, look at the game and springwood, are even worse than before.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    Technically Haddonfield has been changed.

    BL was the biggest issue with that map and now its nowhere near as bad.

    On top of that the god window in Myers house seems to have been completely sealed off - I havent seen it once in months of playing.

    What's BL? Also the front windows in myers house seem to be sealed as well for quite some time. BUT BUT house of pain lol

  • @BenSanderson55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2695461#Comment_2695461

    What's BL? Also the front windows in myers house seem to be sealed as well for quite some time. BUT BUT house of pain lol

    BL is balanced landing. I was wondering about the front windows too but didnt want to say it without paying more attention to them.

    As much as the house of pain sucks on Haddonfield I feel Badham is way more unbalanced than Haddonfield in their current states.

  • Honestly those two needed to be higher priority, but they ended up being near last, potentially even still last if mothers dwelling is next.

  • It's funny how just a few small changes could make some maps less awful but they remain terrible for whatever reason while we wait for some massive change that seemingly never comes.

  • @DorkianBae said:

    It's funny how just a few small changes could make some maps less awful but they remain terrible for whatever reason while we wait for some massive change that seemingly never comes.

    It's not even just that. They had a map pass before the realm reworks and that pass fixed many problematic structures. Then the devs reintroduce those problematic structures, but this time there's a breakable wall to act as a forced time waster.

    I don't think the devs realize how strong tiles in the game are.

  • @Shroompy said:

    We're probably gonna get a Dev update pretty soon, I could be mistaken but I believe we should get a PTB either next week or the week after.

    Maybe it's just my imagination, but I think they usually wait until after the new year for ptb. I've noticed that between the winter and spring chapter is generally a little longer (not by much though) than other chapter releases and the midchapter is a tad late, generally releases to live servers late January or early February.

  • I hate those maps. But at the same time, adding breakable walls into them wont make them any better