This is not a horror game.

And no one can deny unless they are BHVR marks who think everything they do is good.

The shift to survivors being easy mode, the constant grind, killers being set up as a joke unless you can get certain perks from their rngweb and most games being dominated by the red mist.


You can call this many things, a game, a rage simulator, a hand holding simulator, the idiot savant test, what not to do when making a multiplayer game, and a melting pot of all other toxic communities combined.

But a horror no. people are being sold a bill of goods on that aspect and hopefully something can come around to quell the itch this game has left

Comments

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2693704#Comment_2693704

    But… feelings are ENTIRELY subjective. And you are already arguing with people who assured you they feel like DbD deserves to be called a horror game.

    so.. why do you think your feelings are the ones that are ‚right‘?

    And besides a few parts, Resident Evil is even more action over horror than DbD. Not only part 6. haven’t played the others.

    It is subjective that part is true but there are still universal feelings that when someone walks up to you and asks "Hey I want to play a horror game what do you recommend or what's your favorite horror game." Along with the follow-up question of why. on the resident evil front4 on easy 5 and 6 are but I was more pointing to 1-4 and 7 haven't played 8 yet and I am not saying mine are the right one I am just saying my opinion and why that is.

    Also, I mean it when I ask this when someone ask "Hey I seen that so and so is in dead by daylight how is it" how long until the negatives creep its ugly head to you

  • Jumping through Fortnite Walls and dropping Fortnite pallets. Wearing Fortnite-inspired cosmetics. With Horror Icons chasing you. A Horror game that Sounds truly terrifying haha!

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2693704#Comment_2693704

    Those are all singleplayer games, to my knowledge, which can pull off far more ”horror” than any PvP game can. Enemies can spawn in whenever and wherever, the play area is linear and tells its own stories, voice-acting can be a thing without it becoming basic “I did this attack.”

    I know they are but whenever someone brings up horror its usually a combination of them. If we are talking pvp friday the 13 got it to a point it just sucked as a game on technical fronts.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    It's meant to be horror-themed, but as you mentioned in one of the posts, it doesn't feel like one.

    A large part is because of getting used to how things work. And that's only one aspect: the changed survivor animations make them more like anime characters posing when slamming a pallet down, or running from a killer as if on a daily jog (basically, the old animations); the growing obviousness of the map layouts; people learning this game from all the tip videos; the strange "us vs them" mentality and so on.

    I'm not wanting it to necessarily be pure horror, but for a game horror comes a lot from unpredictability. More chaotic map set-ups, extra things on maps like traps (the pumkins that either sped you up or slowed you down were a good idea), more meaningful offerings that alter the maps climate (not just a mist thing, but maybe make it pure night or heavy rain, which in turn may have an effect on movement or abilities and perks. I remember playing the first Silent Hill game; not knowing what to expect and it was terrifying! But I play it now and knowing all the aspects takes a lot of the fear away.

    Basically, the game won't ever be scary, but from a horror perspective it can gain it if the devs take more risks. As for the game itself, it is horror but the novelty of it makes it a very unconvincing horror with any scares remaining coming from sneaky plays than the game itself.

    Very true on that

  • @Leatherface1990 said:

    Jumping through Fortnite Walls and dropping Fortnite pallets. Wearing Fortnite-inspired cosmetics. With Horror Icons chasing you. A Horror game that Sounds truly terrifying haha!

    I don't play that memelord garbage so I wouldn't know. as for this game it's becoming a meme.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2693726#Comment_2693726

    I know they are but whenever someone brings up horror its usually a combination of them. If we are talking pvp friday the 13 got it to a point it just sucked as a game on technical fronts.

    Yes, because it was unfair.

    The ‘horror’ comes from the unfairness, ino. That just doesn’t work if you want to ‘balance’ a PvP game. They are quite obviously mutually exclusive.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2693736#Comment_2693736

    Yes, because it was unfair.

    The ‘horror’ comes from the unfairness, ino. That just doesn’t work if you want to ‘balance’ a PvP game. They are quite obviously mutually exclusive.

    Yes and no There is a sense of unfairness but not where it should be. Why else do you think there is so much on how much people hate playing killers then ######### cause the wait times as survivor are so long and no joke there are videos and forums on how to have fun as killers not perk wise just having fun in general. As for friday the 13th like I said it was a broken mess people falling through the world glitches and so on but the feeling of it was there.

  • VHS, Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Alternatives are coming ☺

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    VHS, Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Alternatives are coming ☺

    But will they stay and for VHS the only way to play it is pc which I can't play at moment. Been saving up for one though.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2693735#Comment_2693735

    I don't play that memelord garbage so I wouldn't know. as for this game it's becoming a meme.

    Actual Unreal 5 update Tech Demo of DBD 2.

    Untitled Image


  • DBD is a horror game that isn't supposed to be taken seriously in the horror genre. It also gets stale and boring fast once you get used to everything.

  • @Aurelle said:

    DBD is a horror game that isn't supposed to be taken seriously in the horror genre. It also gets stale and boring fast once you get used to everything.

    So a parody right? But then why does it feel so soulless and empty instead of a no-so-serious game?

  • Correct, it's a horror themed multiplayer action game or whatever you want to call it. Which is basically the best thing you can hope for in any game people play for hundreds if not thousands of hours without heavy potentially arbitrary restrictions on player choice to make people play "the right way".

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    And no one can deny unless they are BHVR marks who think everything they do is good.

    The shift to survivors being easy mode, the constant grind, killers being set up as a joke unless you can get certain perks from their rngweb and most games being dominated by the red mist.

    You can call this many things, a game, a rage simulator, a hand holding simulator, the idiot savant test, what not to do when making a multiplayer game, and a melting pot of all other toxic communities combined.

    But a horror no. people are being sold a bill of goods on that aspect and hopefully something can come around to quell the itch this game has left

    You forgot pallet breaking simulator.

  • @oxygen said:

    Correct, it's a horror themed multiplayer action game or whatever you want to call it. Which is basically the best thing you can hope for in any game people play for hundreds if not thousands of hours without heavy potentially arbitrary restrictions on player choice to make people play "the right way".

    True but given the current state maybe they need to.

  • You got a wrong take of the game.


    No one said the game is horror for survivors..


    Its a horror game for killers.


    I swear, i once almost died irl because a survivor jumped out if a completly random locker i walked past and he head on stunned me with that.


    I was so scared.

  • Well guess what? I think people already know this. And if they call it a horror game you could assume they basically mean it's horror themed because everyone knows this.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    Well guess what? I think people already know this. And if they call it a horror game you could assume they basically mean it's horror themed because everyone knows this.

    I guess

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2693754#Comment_2693754

    But will they stay and for VHS the only way to play it is pc which I can't play at moment. Been saving up for one though.

    Evil Dead looks very promising. Texas Chainsaw could be the biggest competitor to DBD if it plays well.

    It's not a given, as licensed games aren't guaranteed hits (the Predator and Alien online mutiplayers didn't set the world alight), but I feel these two are going to make a notable impact. Horror gamers deserve it.

  • Dead by daylight jumpscare compilations

  • This is in no way a horror game anymore. Not at all. Where survivors are the power role, and you can transform into a cuddly snowman 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️...

    About as horror as care bear Simulator.

1 2 ›