What Dead by Daylight could learn or copy from games like Friday, VHS, Propnight
I like that you can build weapons or useful gadgets in VHS. Ok we have chests and there is Leon's flashbang perk but it's odd how to do it.
There should be more interactvie elements on the map with a new skin. There are everytime the same gens, the same hooks, the same totems, the same lockers and the the same pallets which is fun but not different enough.
The Doctor could have chairs like the "hooks" in propnight. The gens could have different skins. I mean why there are on every map the same gens? What is the story behind?
I wish it would be more adventure like: first we need to get in the house, then we need to find something, then we need to discover or summon the exit. And finally we can open the exit. Something like this.
The Killers should also have new objectives but not just neverending boon totems. There should be a little quest which is only active when a survivor get hooked. Preparing a random trap on the map, barricade ways (this could be also nice as objective or ability for survivor). Maybe that gives the killer another reason to leave the hook instead camping.
I really like that the game looks like a painted picture, but i think the maps should have more props which are filying around when you collidate with them.
How would you improve the game?
Comments
Different skins for like hooks would be cool. Your other ideas would be a new game.
I mean why there are on every map the same gens? What is the story behind?
pretty sure that is explained through lore as the maps are not actually the places but twisted versions created by the Entity and the gens are kinda supposed to look out of place?
also, I would love to see the fire barrels to get some mechanic/function as they are already featured on every map (with the new one even having different skins for them)
otherwise I made plenty of suggestions for new survivor items and game mechanics for the game.
Then I would prefer a twisted gen look like in Propnight.
The fire barrels are already a nice hiding spot .😉
A winter themed killer and the fire barrels give the chilly survivor a warm buff.
From my experience on Propnight :
Honestly, i have a blast with Propnight, the same fun i have had with DbD from 2017 to 2019 or something :)
Yeah I'm sure BHVR are just scrambling to see what they can learn from the game with an all time peak of 3k players.
Back when the game came out and we had 3/4 killers, the hooks actually looked differently depending on the killer that was selected. It was taken out because in gave survivors the ability to instantly identify the killer
A game that is funnier and way more balanced than DbD where you have close game all the time when both sides are good.
And a game where survivors can clutch thanks to a great mechanics for it.
BHVR has actually a lot to learn from Propnight. Got 25 hours in (1700h in DbD) and i'm amazed by how good the game is...
And devs are listening to the community and are really reactive. 6 patches in 10 days with balance changes, a new map, bug/performances fix/improvement etc...
Sorry but BHVR should be ashamed that they have not been able to provide any of this for 5 years while they earn millions of dollars monthly with DbD.
As a reminder, BHVR earner 124 millions of dollars in 2020 while they have only DbD running... it is around 200k$ per employee... So where are the fixes and changes we have asked for 5 years ?
Tbf, VHS has been in development since dbd came out. I assume that if dbd were to be released now it would have some or majority of perks they have in the game currently. At this point I hope vhs takes majority of dbd player base so that it forces them to actually put some work into anything but new chapters.
Honestly I'm not sure it will. I'm not saying VHS looks like a bad game or anything... but they are fundamentally different games. People who like DbD aren't necessarily going to like VHS. I mean, I've not really seen anything about VHS that makes me want to play it.
BHVR will never be able to make DbD good again. It's not a lack of work or anything, it's just that they don't know how to balance the game :
That's the main problems, 5 years out and still they haven't a clue of what is good and bad for the game. Some exemples :
Well i don't know how some of you guys are still playing everyday... i cannot play more than 4 games without being bored/frustrated to death.
I don't know about Propnight. But with Friday and VHS they'd learn more of the same as they've been doing. Survivors being the power role and the killer getting stunned over and over again. At least in Friday when you're in rage mode you kind of become the power role, despite still being killable, spinnable, etc.
Never heard of Propnight, read the reviews on Steam and the negative reviews are pretty damn harsh, think I’ll skip it.