A few things that would help killers without directly nerfing perks.
I DO think it sucks to be a killer these days. As a killer main, I don't think its soooo terrible, but there's a few things that could help even things out between the sides without messing up perks too much.
- Don't allow end gate progress. Make it like bones, where its either opened all the way or progress is lost. I think it will make the end game timer more important, and it will mean fewer 4-escapes and more draws. This would also mean killers can't complain about DS -> out the door in endgame. They didn't defend the gate, they didn't chase out the allies, they can't complain about the DS.
- Get rid of snuffing boons. Instead, make them active for 30/60/90 seconds, then they fizzle the totem. Make them instant set up, unless there's a hex. Add a totem finder into boon perks. Make a series of add-ons that strengthens or modifies boons. They are now part of the game, they need proper balancing and treatment. This change makes boons a tactical addition. If you know you are working in an area, set the boon up and get back to work.
- Add BBQChili's BP and WGLF's BP effects into the base game. Free up those perks to be buffed or modified. Killers wont have to waste a slot for BP and survivors wont have to get yeet-unhooked by people wanting stacks.
- Killers need a base speed buff during EGC.
Comments
Add a extra generator or nerf repairing speeds, or increase kick damage.
Requires no changing of perks.
Kick regression definitely needs to be increased.
Could instead just halve the cost of the bloodweb instead of trying to double points earned.
It needs a buff in some way, but then a few regression perks would probably need to be buffed.
I definitely think that something should be done about the exit gates. I think that progress should revert if it's not being held down, so it can't be 99'd. I know the devs say they've experimented with that one and that it "didn't work" but that response has never made much sense to me. I'm assuming it "didn't work" because it made people have one person stay near the exit gate to make sure it doesn't lose much progress. The thing about that is that having one survivor be unavailable to help the others for any reason is actually a huge deal. That's one less survivor that a killer has to worry about attempting body blocks or stun saves or something like that, and it can really make all the difference. Three survivors grouped up in one place to save a teammate killers cant really do anything about. Two survivors is a bit more manageable. If at that point theres only one survivor that can come help, in some scenarios that's basically a nonissue.
Thank you that would literally fix so many problems. It really isn't perks that cause the unbalance
Artist says hello and now makes any possibility of this being added to the game exactly 0%. I mean if they actually care about balance at all.
Oh, that would be annoying.
Also twins...
Making gens take longer or adding another one to complete is an awful idea
Honestly, the only changes that really need to happen are making killers slightly faster and increasing baseline regression.
Personally I feel like the people that actually /want/ to tunnel and camp are in the minority and if they were given the opportunity, they wouldn't. But those actions are just how competitive people reconcile their need to have fun with their need to win.
not really awful, just super boring and lazy.
There are better ways to fix it that will not punish survivors that much.
Imagine having to actually put in effort to outplay the killer at the gates.
That's not really about effort, it would be impossible as single survivor...
A lone survivor at an exit gate when hatch is closed during EGC has basically lost if the killer knows where they are before they start opening the gate anyway. I'm not sure "and some parts of the roster would make extra sure of that" matter.
Or just start the EGC countdown from when the gate's actually started opened (e.g. after NWO finishes and someone touches it again) or something. 99ing and waiting is functionally barely any different from getting it to 100.
1 - Sure.
2 - Just make snuffing a boon destroy that totem and put boons on cooldown for 40 seconds or something.
3 - Yes. Absolutely. I've been suggesting this for yonks. I'm so tired of having to choose between build variety or double BP.
4 - Eh...
I'd say:
I dont think it'd be that big of an issue with the artist. You can still perform actions while swarmed, and being swarmed doesn't prevent you from leaving.