Pinhead tips please
I just got pinhead and I kinda suck with him alot but are there any tips that would be helpful to learn. Like perks, playstyles, etc, right now I'm just working on aiming correctly with the chains
I just got pinhead and I kinda suck with him alot but are there any tips that would be helpful to learn. Like perks, playstyles, etc, right now I'm just working on aiming correctly with the chains
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Run at least two stall perks. It seems odd at first, but knowing when to bounce between targets is crucial because if they're all caught injured and a chain hunt begins they lose all momentum.
Good luck fren.
Use possessed chains at loops, not to close distance in the open.
You want to put the gateway almost on top of the survivor and cast the chain right away. Not exactly on top, or you could get juked, but say within a couple of metres of the survivor.
The box carrier is oblivious. If you get a killer instinct near you, it's better to try to sneak up on them rather than teleport.
There are also some tips on how to find the spawn points of the Lament Configuration, but for that it's better if you watch a guide on youtube.
Great advice!
His chains can go through some floors and walls roofs. This is fun to catch ppl on gens
Sure. I still play a lot of Cenobite, and while he's a shadow of his former (somewhat mediocre) glory, he can still be pretty fun.
Never use your Possesed Chain unless you're at a loop with low walls
Downside of aiming the portal ahead of them is if they juke on seeing what you're doing, you will miss horribly. Also, you might fire too early.
My advice is to try and memorise all the completely random bloody delays he has. Delay before firing the chain! Delay after firing the chain! FOV changes! No immediately breaking pallets or vaulting after it! Very excessive.
Don't use his Iri Fang unless you think you'll stomp.
It makes his chains pretty much useless.
Possessed chain is very high risk meh reward, its location is as buggy as old nurse sometimes it would cancel and ######### too.
Aim the possesed chain spawn location to where the survivor is gonna be not behind them. it is easier to hit them if you land it on top of them rather than having to aim it and potentially miss the summon attack.
Jungle gyms are almost never worth using your power in as there are way too many corners and objects for your chain to break onto. not to mention the chains can sometime spawn through a window which will just instantly break if they turn a corner.
Always aim downwards not straight up and tryign to hit a survivor, the less time its in the air if you miss the faster you can regain control.
Chain someone as they drop a pallet or as you're going to break it, combined with Brutal Strength it really saves you a few seconds of distance chasing after them.
I love playing pinehead one of two ways,
M1 guy with passive stall complimented by 4 stall perks and only using his ability to interrupt solving the box or for scouting out areas I don't want to commit to
Or
A cool chase build using brutal and bamboozle with 2 stall perks or 1 stall and fire up for extra spice. The idea is to land chains at loops for cool methodic hits
Big tips use his for scouting and cancel
Don't use the chain in chase alot
Only teleport to survivor solving the cube if your not doing anything else
Use 1 or 2 iridescents and play like a normal M1 killer whilst defending the box. There's zero point in using your possessed chain for anti-loop or catch-up.
Dont bother? Hes pretty garbage for how had he is to master, even if you manage to hit every chain you often wont get a hit, clown is easier and gets the same effect.
However if you wish to play him getting chain hunt to start is important! It's so very hard to keep it active now due to nerfs but hoarder and Franklin's is good mixed with the meta nerfed solve box addons.
Very basic rundown:
Use the possessed chain to frustrate loops. Don't use it to close distance.
Depending on your play style and build, try to force chain hunts instead of chases. That's how I prefer to play him. Just make the game take 20 minutes and don't let anyone do anything. While chain hunt is active they can't do much with totems because of the chains c: so ruin does lots of work for you.
Personally I run:
Ruin, Hoarder, Lethal Pursuer, Franklins.
Never go into survivors chains since you'll break them. And NEVER use his red addons. They will turn into worse Legion. Save the best for last is very good on him and Bamboozle since he's just a M1 killer with ######### gateway.
Hoarder and Franklins is useless on them. If you pick up the box from the ground, the box will respawn faster (10 seconds). It's better to down them without using Franklin's demise, it will take 30 seconds to respawn a box. And with how short it is to solve the box, it is useless to bring hoarder with him. You just get an useless info and that's all.
I have the opposite experience.
Because you play against low skilled survivors at low mmr
If you say so. lol.
"I disagree with you, thus you are at low MMR." Quite the compelling argument.
Bro, I'm stuck at high mmr, because I'm overperfoming. You think perks like hoarder or franklin's demise will help pinhead in his current state? Wrong. He needs an offensive perks to even be a slightly threat.
...but those...
...those are offensive perks...
Franklin's maybe, but it hurts Pinhead more then usually helping him. And Hoarder is just weak info perk that doesn't even help you in any way.
Maybe it doesn't help you if you ignore the info *shrug*
Yes, I'm gonna go to the edge of the map, because someone is solving the box.
If you can catch them, and force a new hunt, look at that they can't cleanse/bless Ruin now and I get free info/radar on where somebody is.
Why would I not go to the edge of the map?
Didn't realize this post got so many replies recently. Update on my pinhead experience, I looked up some guides and have been playing him as my main for the month and I think I've gotten pretty decent with him. I do use the technique where you spawn the chains right on top of the survivor and my build with him atm is hex plaything(fav perk), stbfl, hex pentimento,, and I switch between hoarder and renosance. My only major problem with him is that I feel like I'm using his Iri fang addon poorly and when I use it I usually get crushed as idk the correct playstyle yet so I just opt not to use it. I also don't really like Franklin's on him because I'd rather open the box when I down the survivor holding it
For his fang you need to treat it like a ranged hit you have more control over. Like Huntress blended with Nurse. Only you can't throw a second one for damage. It's still super nice though if you understand how the map is laid out and can take advantage. An example being near the doors on Midwich. You can fang them on the high ground, and punish them for dropping through the window. Or just hit them and if they never drop you can literally listen to where they're going.
IMO Fang and Impaling Wire is a magical combination. The fang is a hit, but the second set of chains break and reset on everything. On indoor maps it's a nightmare, because you get like 18 chains instead of just 3.