Artist wasn't overnerfed YES !

Changes from PTB

Features

  • The Artist
  • Extended power limitation zone around Hooked survivors to 10 meters (was 8 meters)
  • Swarmed Survivors who contact an idle Dire Crow will now have their Repel action reset (previously, it would damage the Survivor)

Dev Note: These changes were made to help reduce The Artist's power to shut down unhooking, and also to make her less oppressive during short loops by giving the survivor a counterplay option.


The patch notes just released and devs didn't ruin her. She's going to be great since this was the main thing that made her annoying, now it's gone which is good.

For just fast PTB changes this look very promising. I'm glad they didn't do something silly, good job devs.

Comments

  • wow, they actually did it right this time.

  • @Kebek said:

    Changes from PTB

    Features

    • The Artist
    • Extended power limitation zone around Hooked survivors to 10 meters (was 8 meters)
    • Swarmed Survivors who contact an idle Dire Crow will now have their Repel action reset (previously, it would damage the Survivor)

    Dev Note: These changes were made to help reduce The Artist's power to shut down unhooking, and also to make her less oppressive during short loops by giving the survivor a counterplay option.

    The patch notes just released and devs didn't ruin her. She's going to be great since this was the main thing that made her annoying, now it's gone which is good.

    For just fast PTB changes this look very promising. I'm glad they didn't do something silly, good job devs.

    I didn't watch a TON of videos on her, but the change from the injury to resetting the swarm seems big? Or is it not that big a deal?

  • @Bravescorpio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297203/artist-wasnt-overnerfed-yes

    I didn't watch a TON of videos on her, but the change from the injury to resetting the swarm seems big? Or is it not that big a deal?

    Seems very big. Was one of her best anti loop tools

  • @Bravescorpio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297203/artist-wasnt-overnerfed-yes

    I didn't watch a TON of videos on her, but the change from the injury to resetting the swarm seems big? Or is it not that big a deal?

    It is an obvious nerf. You can still set up crows to cross fire and swarmed survivor do take damage from flying crows.

  • @Bravescorpio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297203/artist-wasnt-overnerfed-yes

    I didn't watch a TON of videos on her, but the change from the injury to resetting the swarm seems big? Or is it not that big a deal?

    No it was a lazy way to use her power. This should mainly impact people who would play her like trapper which wasn't optimal way to play her anyway.

    Big deal would be if they removed damage from firing her crows without giving something in return for it. This is a positive change to promote better gameplay from artist and make it less annoying for survivors. Win win I dare say.

  • Yeah I mean that's what I was thinking, if she can no longer shut down loops it seems like its a major hit to her power.


    The hook thing is fair for sure, I don't think powers should be overly oppressive to people being unhooked, but when it comes to looping, either you can stop or loop or you can't.

  • I was hoping that if they nerfed her, that that's how they would do it. I'm good with this. Also them buffing her kinda meh perks is pretty great too. I am 100% ready to instantly get her and throw over 1,000,000 BP at her.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2667921#Comment_2667921

    No it was a lazy way to use her power. This should mainly impact people who would play her like trapper which wasn't optimal way to play her anyway.

    Big deal would be if they removed damage from firing her crows without giving something in return for it. This is a positive change to promote better gameplay from artist and make it less annoying for survivors. Win win I dare say.

    This is great to hear. Like I said, I didn't have a great understand of her, and I'm really glad they didn't break her before she got in the game like so many, and then we sit around hoping they make her playable in a future patch that never comes *cough Legion *cough

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2667921#Comment_2667921

    No it was a lazy way to use her power. This should mainly impact people who would play her like trapper which wasn't optimal way to play her anyway.

    Big deal would be if they removed damage from firing her crows without giving something in return for it. This is a positive change to promote better gameplay from artist and make it less annoying for survivors. Win win I dare say.

    If it wasn't the optimal way to play her. Why nerf it? If I perform poorly as Hag or set traps in an unoptimal way, that's my fault.

  • @Bravescorpio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297203/artist-wasnt-overnerfed-yes

    I didn't watch a TON of videos on her, but the change from the injury to resetting the swarm seems big? Or is it not that big a deal?

    It is big but i think most reasonable people realise that was a boring way to use her power.

    It's a fair change. The important part here is that they didn't change what was fun about her

  • @Bravescorpio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2667922#Comment_2667922

    Yeah I mean that's what I was thinking, if she can no longer shut down loops it seems like its a major hit to her power.

    The hook thing is fair for sure, I don't think powers should be overly oppressive to people being unhooked, but when it comes to looping, either you can stop or loop or you can't.

    I mean, you can't use birds as traps anymore, but you should still be able to lock down loops with them. Picture this... Survivor is at a long wall jungle gym, and has just vaulted out of it through the window with the Artist inside. Artist can chuck down 2 birds, one looking at the window and one looking at one way around that wall and then walk around the other way. The Survivor is still kinda in a no win situation if the Artist times throwing them correctly. She just... has to throw them now.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2667926#Comment_2667926

    If it wasn't the optimal way to play her. Why nerf it? If I perform poorly as Hag or set traps in an unoptimal way, that's my fault.

    Because it's annoying to survivors and promotes bad habbits from artists not trying to shoot crows but use them as traps which isn't their intended use.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2667935#Comment_2667935

    Because it's annoying to survivors and promotes bad habbits from artists not trying to shoot crows but use them as traps which isn't their intended use.

    Well, getting killed is ANNOYING but it's also the killer's objective, camping, tunneling, slugging is annoying but yet it is another strategy. Anyway, if players found another use for crows then let them use it, looping is not intended and it's in the game since when?

  • Give her a month. Look at pinhead, a killer which power isnt the easiest to always hit and is questionable as antiloop as it can break so very easily.

    He got every addon nerfed. I could let fang go but the others was overkill. So I'll expect the same for her especially if she has some strength

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2667941#Comment_2667941

    Well, getting killed is ANNOYING but it's also the killer's objective, camping, tunneling, slugging is annoying but yet it is another strategy. Anyway, if players found another use for crows then let them use it, looping is not intended and it's in the game since when?

    But she's not trapper. If you want to play trapping killer, play trapper who doesn't have ranged projectile power that can down.

  • @TheGannMan your probably extremely happy about this aren't you?

  • They even buffed her two meh perks, this is definitely a good sign.

  • I dunno. I hate loops and loopers, I liked the idea of crow traps. Seems kinda suck they took it away.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    wow, they actually did it right this time.

    3 days later:

    'We believe the Artist has been overperforming and have reduced her movement speed to compensate'.

  • Let's just hope she functions decently on console.

  • Considering it could have been much much worse, I won't complain.

    I'd hoped they would compensate for this by increasing Repel times (which I guess this does indirectly) but this is nice.

  • I'm pumped to play against her. I don't have the shards to buy her yet. :(



    What I imagine my first game against her will be like:

    SGMeme.png


  • I dont see any way they don't nerf pentimento speed to 15-20% within a couple months. Solo q and new players could have a really hard time figuring out what they need to do to speed up their gens. If they don't forum or have a DBD Senpai to guide them, I could see it being hard to figure out and impacting them WAY more than a swf.

  • Has anyone noticed the artist sounds exactly like a clicker from TLOU?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    @TheGannMan your probably extremely happy about this aren't you?

    I just finished a chem exam to read the patch notes and I’m so happy 😊

  • wow! its almost like every single killer barely gets changed from their PTB state right when they hit live! Shocker!

  • I think it is best to wait 1 week before jumping to conclusions.

    If nothing changes after 1 week, then you can celebrate :)

    Or complain...if that is what you're into.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2667966#Comment_2667966

    I just finished a chem exam to read the patch notes and I’m so happy 😊

    How was your test?

  • I think it went well but we’ll see lol. It is chemistry which is devil science. Thanks for asking though.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668295#Comment_2668295

    I think it went well but we’ll see lol. It is chemistry which is devil science. Thanks for asking though.

    No problem. Have fun playing the artist. Just dont forget about Spirt now

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668306#Comment_2668306

    No problem. Have fun playing the artist. Just dont forget about Spirt now

    Don’t worry I won’t. Spirit always holds a special place in my heart.

  • I fear this won't be enough though. I still don't see how survivors are supposed to counterplay her in an impactful way, which is something that is kind of needed for her to be fun to go against.

    Dodging her crows at loops still seems pretty hard, and pretty much impossible as long as she has line of sight on you, because she has no delay when firing her crows, and her cooldown is also too short and doesn't slow down enough for dodging crows to become a rewarding counterplay.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I fear this won't be enough though. I still don't see how survivors are supposed to counterplay her in an impactful way, which is something that is kind of needed for her to be fun to go against.

    Dodging her crows at loops still seems pretty hard, and pretty much impossible as long as she has line of sight on you, because she has no delay when firing her crows, and her cooldown is also too short and doesn't slow down enough for dodging crows to become a rewarding counterplay.

    Play against executioner you learn fast :)

  • @Thunderfrog said:

    I dont see any way they don't nerf pentimento speed to 15-20% within a couple months. Solo q and new players could have a really hard time figuring out what they need to do to speed up their gens. If they don't forum or have a DBD Senpai to guide them, I could see it being hard to figure out and impacting them WAY more than a swf.

    I've had Red grade survivors call Wallhacks and not understand that BBQ is a thing, if we worry about those kinds of ppl then well have to make Killer an AI role at that point.

  • I am glad they addressed my major complaint from the PTB. The way she could just close loops with it was absurd if I am honest. Additionally with spawning multiple dire crows. Now, it has some valid counterplay and reaction time that can make for some interesting and critical interactions between The Artist and Survivors.

    My only other complaint was (besides the full-map wide range for swarm), the way she could cancel a set and go for an M1. Other Killers had been nerfed for less, but I'd like to see her performance with this change before they set up other changes.

    Needless to say, this was a healthy change for once after such a long string of horrible decisions.