Idea: show to everyone how many totems are left
How would the game change if everyone in the game would be able to see how many totems are left? It doesn't have to be shown all the time, but maybe you get a notification how many totems are left when you break one. As a solo survivor its very hard to be sure that all the totems are gone, swf players have a huge advantage when it comes to countering noed. As a solo survivor you waste a lot of time searching for totems which are possibly already gone, thats the reason why i don't go for totems at all when i play solo.
This would make totems as a secondary objective more attractive and it would slow the game down, which is very good for killers. As a downside it would make noed little bit weaker.
What do you guys think about that idea?
Comments
If they release a new survivor perk that does that in next chapter, I'm fine with it: then you have to sacrifice a perk slot for this information. But for free? Noooooo. NOED is a decent perk, though not very good (too easy to counter), an ability like this would just toss it to the trash perk pit.
No. This will only benefit survivor. Unless they will make it into a survivor perk and they will have to equip it in a perk slot Since non-swf will always be aware of how many totems have been cleansed.
Just another power that SWF with voice com get for free.
Just make a simple rule that everyone should follow: Every survivor should cleanse at least ONE (dull) totem.
Noed problem solved.
It further reduces the major gap of Solo survivors and SWF, and besides even without getting the NOED effect, the game was slowed down and you still benefited from it.
Certainly, the last thing Behavior should do is release a perk for this. That way they can begin to let rest their title “King of Bandaids” and actually start fixing problems.
Sure, would be a neat idea for a survivor perk that doesnt break the game.
It doesnt do anything regarding SWF balance, but thats another story^^
It would just be added onto the voice-comm built in perks
Show the killer totem auras (diff color for hex) and # left similstr to TotH and I'm down
i believe its 5
Aside from haunted grounds there are 5.
Hex totems are already stupid fragile unless the killer gets lucky.
At least a sound notification so everyone can count by himself without overloading the HUD
noed is weak enough already, you dont need to show the survivors how many more totems there are left.
that would be just as dumb as showing them what hex affects them, as any survivor with a brain can figure that out for themselves too. but no! we can not expect survivors to actually use their brains and start counting to 5, this would be too much.
Solo is a different thing, there is no "beeing dumb to count" cuz there is no communication. This will just buff solos, think before talking
they should just tie it in with Small Game, I wouldn't mind seeing how many hag/trapper traps are put down too lul.
NOED is already weak, this would be a buff to solos and SWF. Since they wouldn't require even basic math.
Solos can count destroyed totems.
Why do you want a even easier and brainless game? Right now you don't even have to pay attention while playing.
Back in the days when i didn't own a mic we even took our time to type in steam chat if we destroyed a dull totem. You really think any swf with mic won't tell each other? You must be really naive to believe that.
Also, this isn't a direct buff just because "brainless" people don't count. We don't balance around casuals, we balance around the best players
We got a smart one.^^
So option 1. there is a Hex perk involved, most likely Ruin and you cleanse that one anyway. Or option 2. everybody cleanse AT LEAST 1 dull totem, chances are pretty high that someone does 2.
But yea, that tactic won't ever work, because it is 5, so you are totally right.
[/s]
Back in the days when i didn't own a mic we even took our time to type in steam chat if we destroyed a dull totem. You really think any swf with mic won't tell each other? You must be really naive to believe that.
Also, this isn't a direct buff just because "brainless" people don't count. We don't balance around casuals, we balance around the best. And the best will ALWAYS communicate every single detail, pallets used/destroyed, dead zones and especially totems.
I'm all in for a game with less indicators. Not what we have right now, where we get a warning of UP even before we hear the heartbeat.
I also don't think that more totems would do the trick.
If it was solo q only style and not always on that'd be a good way to do it so it starts out at 5 showing as match starts. Then once one is cleansed it shows 4 for a few seconds then disappears or something like that. To make it fair to the killers you could have a small popup for killers as well although that might be a little broken.
I say no. I'm a solo survivor. I like the suspense of not knowing if the killer has noed and if all totems are cleansed. I always assume the killer has noed so I cleanse every totem I see. If I see one while being chased I will go back for it. Most games I do 3 and yet noed pops up at the end and someone gets downed. Like really guys? You couldn't do 2 totems between the 3 of you?! Totems are not hard to find or cleanse but many survivors ignore them. But when I see one of my teammates cleanse one it warms my heart. Haha
The game is too hard as a solo survivor can we somehow implement all perks baseline into anyone playing solo survivor? I would also like to see the solo survivor be notified of all actions taken on the map by other survivors. I think this would be a great way to have solo survivor players on par with SWF and I think it would really increase the enjoyment Killers get while playing the game too.
I had proposed the exact same thing, but you won't find much space for that, in a killer centric community. Killer mains keep saying survivors need to get nerfed and have more things to do, so them killers can always have a cheesy game, but will disagree with anything that would make survivors do something other than gens LOL Besides, the reasoning I see many doing here, @AnotherRandy especially, was the same I did. It is something a SWF group will always do, communicating about totems, especially now that NOED became the biggest no-skill perk in the entire game (and for those who will argue about that, NOED is an end-game perk, for those who were not able to kill survivors before they could finish gens). I always tell the friend I play with, when we play together, how many totems I've done. If devs confirmed they want to buff solo survivors to the point where they can know things a SWF group would know, because of communication, knowing how many totems are still up/have been destroyed seems to be only a matter of time.
SWF would not need to tell others about the totems, but solo survivors NEED this
I would be okay with this honestly. It is information that a SWF team would have so it makes sense for solo players to have that information too. Plus it would give players incentive to break totems which slows the game down.
Sounds like you should be supporting this idea. If the other survivors knew that you cleansed 3 totems and they run across one then they would be more inclined to break the totem.
I won't be crying later. When they make changes I adapt. I LOVE this game. I still have a ton of fun and laughs even playing solo.
And that can screw up a totem build.
Or ruin?
Currently, solo is okay-ish but swf strong af. If devs keep doing global survivor nerfs and the nerfing is hitting solos and swfs equal (in reality its hitting solos slightly more everytime, but let's just assume it's equal now) till to the point when swf is balanced so the average would be 2 escapes, what can you imagine what the escape rate in solo queue is? 0 escapes. It has to be that. It's pur logic. If you still think you "just adapt" then your delusional mate and I can't help you, I can't deal with illogical people.
And in case you mean with "just adapt" that you don't care if you die or escape and just want to keep playing this game casually, in this case why are you discussion here in about balancing dbd for competitive playing? If you don't care about balance in high ranks then you shouldn't comment here tbh.
Your trapped mate, I locked the corners. No way to escape with an excuse this time.
just buff small game to have that info
So SWF Squads can keep their advantage for free, but solo's have to pay a perk slot for it??
Edit: I think the best solution is to implement this and have it display at all times on the HUD, but it would only be visible on the HUD for Survivors whom did not join the lobby though Survive With Friends!
Just bouncing ideas, not sure it would work. But I'm positive that there's no perfect way to limit the advantage of SWF while not nerfing soloes to the ground. Some steps can be (should be) done, but there will always be a big difference.
Don't forget the big picture, or grand scheme: buff solo Survivors by bridging the information gap between them and SWF + voice; then re-balance Killers accordingly.
If NOED gets hurt by this, then the devs have several options to re-balance it after:
Buff the perk itself, including:
Change the way hex totems work
but if your in solos, how would you know if all 5 totems are cleansed