Are There Any Plans to Improve the "Fun" Aspect of the Game at High MMR?

I'd like to get some form of official response, so, I'm sorry for the tag but do you think you could see if there's an answer @MandyTalk?

I'd just like to know because I'm pretty damn close to quitting. If there's hope that the team is aware of things and are working on a solution to make the game more fun and enjoyable for everyone at high MMR, I can tough it out.

If the team has no plans to change anything there though, I'd like to be made aware so that I can quit for my own mental health's sake. 95% of matches are totally miserable.

I think I've only been playing because I believed that the game was going to get better. Whether it be promises of 60 FPS or improved gameplay, I stuck around. Now though? 60 FPS obviously isn't coming and the gameplay is worse than ever.

I'd just like to know if it's worth sticking around. Thank you.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655626#Comment_2655626

    So playing as Killer?

    Well, not being able to chase Survivors without multiple gens popping is very unfun. Chases are where I get to show my skill.

    Seeing my hits revoked is pretty unfortunate and unfun too.

    Seeing Survivors who live to BM is pretty gross. Idk, I could go on and on about either side tbh

    Yeah I get your frustration. The DH hit validation has been kicking my butt lol.

  • Dead Hard Janky Hit Validation Deja Vu Double Screams. I tink we're doing gud job. Dev's r da boost.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655630#Comment_2655630

    Yeah I get your frustration. The DH hit validation has been kicking my butt lol.

    It's just, when I see a Survivor play a pallet perfectly, part of me thinks "Oh good! A challenge." The other part thinks, "Oh, great, I've got to sweat my nuts off for a 1K and only if they misplay."

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655632#Comment_2655632

    It's just, when I see a Survivor play a pallet perfectly, part of me thinks "Oh good! A challenge." The other part thinks, "Oh, great, I've got to sweat my nuts off for a 1K and only if they misplay."

    Next week it might get even harder with performance.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655654#Comment_2655654

    Next week it might get even harder with performance.

    Oh poop, I thought the update was today.

    Oh well.

  • The plan is the good old "go play something else".

    Remember when the devs said they were gonna use MMR to make "more meaningful balance decisions"?

    Yeah guess what happened? They removed Deathslinger from the game and nerfed Wraith's base kit...

    Boons are a dumb one sided mechanic that only exists because they desperatedly need to come up with new perks every 3 months.

    DBD isn't even much of a game anymore; it's a glorified shop where making stuff to sell is much more important than how the game plays.

  • @M1MASTER said:

    The plan is the good old "go play something else".

    Remember when the devs said they were gonna use MMR to make "more meaningful balance decisions"?

    Yeah guess what happened? They removed Deathslinger from the game and nerfed Wraith's base kit...

    Boons are a dumb one sided mechanic that only exists because they desperatedly need to come up with new perks every 3 months.

    DBD isn't even much of a game anymore; it's a glorified shop where making stuff to sell is much more important than how the game plays.

    I don't want this to turn into a Survivor v Killer thing. Both sides are miserable at high levels

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655692#Comment_2655692

    I don't want this to turn into a Survivor v Killer thing. Both sides are miserable at high levels

    Meh, survivor is more boring than literally miserable. I stopped playing that too because it got insanely boring holding M1 and going against Nurse, Blight, Bubba, Huntress 80% of the time.

  • The problem is that the game is staying with the same old mechanics but the players keep getting better.

    I would like to show you a clear example of this: back in 2018 when the spirit came out, most of the people who tried her on the PTB said she was weak and hard to use, but she became top 2 a few months after, competing with nurse herself. Now the Artist has been on the PTB and people inmediatly saw her potential and calling her A tier and predicting possible nerfs due to how strong she is. This woulnd't have happened if she was announced a few years ago, because the playerbase wasn't as experienced. And if the Spirit were to be announced now, people would be seeing how strong she is with just 2 days of trying her.

    The point is, players and perks keep getting better and stronger, but the core mechanics aren't keeping up with this. I would even argue that 5 gens shouldn't even be a rule and instead be map dependant (bigger maps should have 6-7 gens IMO, low mobility killers just cant keep up)

  • this is wishful thinking around hooks and gens

    unless they tweak game sets its not gonna happen

  • I’d like to see something like -5% gen progression per swf member in lobby. I know it’s not going to solve anything for solo q but I feel like I would make a lot more games tolerable.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    Okay, but the problem with the intentional "make your own fun" thing is that the MMR does not care that you're playing to another set of objectives, it's just going to score you on your performance according to its criteria.

    Which leads to the same sort of problems as smurfing and teams having someone take a dive to drop their overall MMR: it plops the high-MMR player amongst people they're vastly outmatching, which makes the other side not have fun.

    This. So much this.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I'd like to get some form of official response, so, I'm sorry for the tag but do you think you could see if there's an answer @MandyTalk?

    I'd just like to know because I'm pretty damn close to quitting. If there's hope that the team is aware of things and are working on a solution to make the game more fun and enjoyable for everyone at high MMR, I can tough it out.

    If the team has no plans to change anything there though, I'd like to be made aware so that I can quit for my own mental health's sake. 95% of matches are totally miserable.

    I think I've only been playing because I believed that the game was going to get better. Whether it be promises of 60 FPS or improved gameplay, I stuck around. Now though? 60 FPS obviously isn't coming and the gameplay is worse than ever.

    I'd just like to know if it's worth sticking around. Thank you.

    It's a very fair question and I'm not sure if there is the answer.

    With MMR, at high level you get very sweaty matches.

    Without MMR, low/intermediate players are constantly put up against nightmare stompcomps.

    @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655150#Comment_2655150

    What if winning is fun? I don’t enjoy derping around with crap perks and addons to get 1-2 kills. Pulsar is right: all of you in this thread are only talking about masking the issues. The devs need to balance the game, not cater it towards people who don’t put in the time to learn.

    That's actually the crux of the issue I think.

    • Everyone wants to win every game.
    • MMR has certainly highlighted some of the bonkers imbalances in the game, especially map-wise.

    I think MMR would work really well if BHVR took one entire 'season' to rework maps, perks etc.

  • @thebrentster911 said:

    Man, this is depressing to read about and all the comments.

    I'm still newish, and I keep thinking "when I put more hours in and learn and develop my skills as killer/survivor, the game will be more fun".

    It seems like the more you play and higher your MMR goes, the less enjoyment you'll have.

    This is correct. It wasn´t always like this though. I remember a time where survivors died with 20k bloodpoints and were mad about it.

    Now they are happy when they escape with 14k bloodpoints.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2654932#Comment_2654932

    Yeah.

    I guess I'm just tired of taking one chase as a Killer and seeing 3 gens pop. I'm also tired of seeing the same 3-4 teams for most of the night.

    I'm also tired of seeing facecamping Bubba's, hard-tunneling Killers and people who target me when I play Survivor. Like, I get it, you need to camp and tunnel as Killer when Survivors are good. Trust me, I get it. It sure isn't fun though.

    I just need to know if the team plans to do anything about higher-level play in the near future.

    Exactly this is also my experience with the SBMM. More and more I have such rounds.

    Solo survivor sucks right now.

  • @thebrentster911 said:

    Man, this is depressing to read about and all the comments.

    I'm still newish, and I keep thinking "when I put more hours in and learn and develop my skills as killer/survivor, the game will be more fun".

    It seems like the more you play and higher your MMR goes, the less enjoyment you'll have.

    Pretty much this. The devs have made it so the more experienced you are, the less fun the game is.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    The harsh reality is that they do not care about high mmr. If they did, they would have balanced the game or at least started even if we are a few months late. Lol.

    The thing people do not understand is that killer is genuinely ludicrously broken at low mmr. Seriously. Any killer buffs would eviscerate the new player experience. And nobody is offering constructive advice on how to address that issue.

    I actually feel bad for them because some devs just do nothing and ignore problems for the sake of it. But I believe the issue here is that they need to have this tug of war philosophy to try and please the largest group possible and every change throws that into chaos, so they spend more time trying to stabilize it. No excuses for stupid changes like Deathslinger's nerfs, why they waste their time on stuff like that is beyond me. However, there is more to it than most people are willing to admit.

    Well I hope there's enough people out there interested in a 5 year old game to keep this revolving door strategy going. Since it seems the devs intention is to just attract new players then watch them leave after 100 hours since the game is almost offended by the idea of player retention. At some point there aren't going to be new people interested in playing a half decade old game anymore. Player retention is important for games but behavior seems to have taken a path of ignoring the idea of retention and just trying to constantly get new people to replace the revolving door of people sick of the games BS. I sure hope there is an infinite base of new players to capture half a decade later, or this game may be in some trouble soon.

  • @thebrentster911 said:

    Man, this is depressing to read about and all the comments.

    I'm still newish, and I keep thinking "when I put more hours in and learn and develop my skills as killer/survivor, the game will be more fun".

    It seems like the more you play and higher your MMR goes, the less enjoyment you'll have.

    Think of playing DBD like climbing a mountain!

    At first it can be intimidating, with exciting prospects for the views and wonders you'll experience as you get near the top!

    Mid-way up you start to realize how tough the climb will be, but are still certain you can overcome it and be rewarded by whatever feelings of accomplishment accompany your triumph over conquering this mighty wonder.

    Then as you finally approach the top, you feel pride in yourself for your dedication and hard work. Unfortunately you also begin to realize there's nothing up there but cold, snow, and an air so finely stripped of oxygen that you begin to feel suffocated. While the view can be nice, it's not a place you want to stay for long. At this point, you're desperate to climb back down before you wither away from the harsh conditions.

    But hey if you like the journey enough to not mind the bittersweet ending, go for it still.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296120/are-there-any-plans-to-improve-the-fun-aspect-of-the-game-at-high-mmr

    It's a very fair question and I'm not sure if there is the answer.

    With MMR, at high level you get very sweaty matches.

    Without MMR, low/intermediate players are constantly put up against nightmare stompcomps.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655168#Comment_2655168

    That's actually the crux of the issue I think.

    • Everyone wants to win every game.
    • MMR has certainly highlighted some of the bonkers imbalances in the game, especially map-wise.

    I think MMR would work really well if BHVR took one entire 'season' to rework maps, perks etc.

    I don't think the MMR would work better with reworked maps or perks.


    The only thing is what you can do with this MMR is gen rush and hopefully your not the first on hook because you're getting tunneld or camped.


    And your getting out with 15K bloodpoints. Yes hurray...

  • @DieGräfin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655964#Comment_2655964

    I don't think the MMR would work better with reworked maps or perks.

    The only thing is what you can do with this MMR is gen rush and hopefully your not the first on hook because you're getting tunneld or camped.

    And your getting out with 15K bloodpoints. Yes hurray...

    Before MMR, my matches were significantly more one-sided.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656073#Comment_2656073

    Before MMR, my matches were significantly more one-sided.

    And I can tell you before MMR, I had definitely more fun to play solo survivor. Everyone knows what to do. Killer too.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DieGräfin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656083#Comment_2656083

    And I can tell you before MMR, I had definitely more fun to play solo survivor. Everyone knows what to do. Killer too.

    Mm. I think that MMR has been rough for people with high MMR and better for lower-intermediate MMRs.

    I'm not sure what the answer is here. If we go back to ranks, with all the stomps, smurfing and endless nightmares I'd probably end up quitting.

  • The problem with the "at high MMR" thing is that any killer who plays even a small amount and can manage more 1k's or more than 0k's is going to be at high MMR. To lose any, you need to be getting constant 0k's. Legit you could facecamp a single survivor as Bubba for 80 games and bam, you are max MMR. Getting top MMR for killer is too easy and straight up inevitable. It's much harder for survivor because only an escape counts, it seems. This is also where the "1k is a win" thing came from. It was in reference to how your MMR is moving up even with a 1k.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    The problem with the "at high MMR" thing is that any killer who plays even a small amount and can manage more 1k's or more than 0k's is going to be at high MMR. To lose any, you need to be getting constant 0k's. Legit you could facecamp a single survivor as Bubba for 80 games and bam, you are max MMR. Getting top MMR for killer is too easy and straight up inevitable. It's much harder for survivor because only an escape counts, it seems. This is also where the "1k is a win" thing came from. It was in reference to how your MMR is moving up even with a 1k.

    ?

    I'm curious as to your numbers here.

    I generally get 2 kills, sometimes 1 and sometimes 3. I rarely get a 4out and generally give hatch unless the survivor is BM.

    My MMR seems...about right, mostly. Some games a tad too easy, some a tad too difficult but on average - it's not bad. And it feels better than it did a month ago.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656105#Comment_2656105

    Mm. I think that MMR has been rough for people with high MMR and better for lower-intermediate MMRs.

    I'm not sure what the answer is here. If we go back to ranks, with all the stomps, smurfing and endless nightmares I'd probably end up quitting.

    The best answer is, they should rework the MMR. It should be rated according to emblems and nothing more + if you are playing with controller or not. Like Smite. Smite has his own Ranked mode with controller and M/K. I really don't know how they could make a SBMM counting K/E...

    Yeah I know, you can't compare Smite and DBD. There is such a big gab between them. But this MMR coffin needs a rework or turned off.

    You can Smurf the current MMR too. My rounds was much much more enjoyable before the MMR came out. All my friends that playing Solo, see this exactly like me. For sure it's make fun if you are in lower MMR and the Killer is a absolute potatoe and you can troll him. But I bet it's not funny for the Killer.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    The harsh reality is that they do not care about high mmr. If they did, they would have balanced the game or at least started even if we are a few months late. Lol.

    The thing people do not understand is that killer is genuinely ludicrously broken at low mmr. Seriously. Any killer buffs would eviscerate the new player experience. And nobody is offering constructive advice on how to address that issue.

    I actually feel bad for them because some devs just do nothing and ignore problems for the sake of it. But I believe the issue here is that they need to have this tug of war philosophy to try and please the largest group possible and every change throws that into chaos, so they spend more time trying to stabilize it. No excuses for stupid changes like Deathslinger's nerfs, why they waste their time on stuff like that is beyond me. However, there is more to it than most people are willing to admit.

    and survivors are ludicrously broken at high mmr.


    what if we removed perk levels and you have to get bloodpoints to upgrade your character to make their abilities stronger? and reset everyones mmr. this might solve the killers being op at low mmr issue. unless people like... spend cash

    but like i think this could solve it

1 2 ›