Why Are Survivors Such Bad Sports?

Seriously, what a misery that was.

Had a feeling it was going to be an ugly game when I spotted the obvious premade in the lobby.

End up on Ironworks, playing Demo.

Very tough game, finally get 2 survivors dead and I'm left with a very decent 3gen.

So...do the Ash and the Meg try to be smart? Lead me off?

No, they go and play hide and seek for 45 frigging minutes, doing just enough not to get AFK crows as I try and hunt them around the map. Finally just ended up AFKing, and it took another 30 minutes for them to finally end.

What the hell is wrong with some people? Is it really worth wasting nearly 180 minutes of time between two people to be a butt to someone because you lost?

Comments

  • Something needs to be done about survivors who take the game hostage like that.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    Something needs to be done about survivors who take the game hostage like that.

    It's not the first time it's happened to me, but it's the first time since AFK crows were added.

    I usually report, but I've yet to hear of anyone even anecdotally being banned for this, even when it comes to blocking people into a room and going AFK.

  • Those two are probably not even friends and just randoms stubborn enough not to hand the hatch with the other lol.

  • @Myla said:

    Those two are probably not even friends and just randoms stubborn enough not to hand the hatch with the other lol.

    It’s like these survivors are hiding like their lives depend on it.

  • @Myla said:

    Those two are probably not even friends and just randoms stubborn enough not to hand the hatch with the other lol.

    It was a full premade: All 4 names were the names of killers from the game.

    I can usually tell it's going to be a nightmare when it's a 'themed' SWF at the MMR of one of my weaker killers, as it's usually a group of smurfs out to ruin people's day.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2652877#Comment_2652877

    It’s like these survivors are hiding like their lives depend on it.

    Not really they're fine in real life.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2652877#Comment_2652877

    It was a full premade: All 4 names were the names of killers from the game.

    I can usually tell it's going to be a nightmare when it's a 'themed' SWF at the MMR of one of my weaker killers, as it's usually a group of smurfs out to ruin people's day.

    Must have no life outside the game. I can't imagine wasting 45 minutes on a match when you could have played more with your spare time.

  • Had a game like that earlier too. First game I ever had like that where two survivors were stuck in a 3 gen scenario and were too scared to give the other one the hatch so they just hid for something like 10 minutes while I waited for them to attempt a generator.

    I eventually killed them both and they were of course upset. But they should have realized that if they wanted the game to be over sooner all they had to do was come to me...

    I wouldn't be surprised if the people you ran into were the same people I played against. I've never seen a survivor group do that in all of my games played.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2652872#Comment_2652872

    It's not the first time it's happened to me, but it's the first time since AFK crows were added.

    I usually report, but I've yet to hear of anyone even anecdotally being banned for this, even when it comes to blocking people into a room and going AFK.

    Didn't you say that you only had 250 hours though?

  • Not sure on that one. I know in solo que I've seen quite a few survivors getting frustrated (Been playing more solo survivor since MMR because killer is absolutely miserable to play now). I get it. They go 5-10 matches in a row with tunneling and camping from the start and it can be frustrating after a while. People say, just stop playing, but when you are trying to hit a goal, and that is all you face, it gets a bit overwhelming at times. Especially when you get caught in MMR hell due to you being the only one who can run the killer. You run the killer for 3 minutes with no gens done and 3 other survivors hiding in a corner while the killer proxies you to death.

    Yeah, you lose MMR because you sucked.....wait.....what?!

    This game is frustrating and the play styles just make it worse.

    I think I found a new way to just chill and play. Started playing gimmick killers with gimmick names - like Santa's Toy Thief. Just try to knock things out of people's hands. Limit chests. Run Hoarder so I can see when they pick it up. Not care about hooks or escapes. Just get some BP and screw around. Screw this game and how the Devs when it played. I'll have fun one way or another.

  • Yep.

    Actually, I'm incorrect on this one. I thought AFK crows were added last year sometime when a quick Google shows they were added in 2017ish.

    I started a ways back and quit for quite a while due to a similar match where a trio of Blendettes played hide and seek for over an hour on the last gen on Haddonfield.

  • Some people's children, I swear.

    Last night I played a game where one person DC'd immediately, and the next killed themselves on hook, so I was like okay, I'll play nice and let these two get some points. One was having fun, but the other hid (it seems) in lockers just long enough not to set off the crow notifications. After like 15 minutes I was right next to a locker when they finally got a crow (lucky), and as I went to pull them out, they used head on. I pretty quickly downed them, let the other unhook, then heal, then downed and hooked them again.

    I was going to kill them for hiding the whole time, but the other survivor indicated that I should hook them instead (charitable), and when I did, they just refused to unhook them, stared at us both and let them die, then ran. they didn't get far.

    Why do any of that if not to be a total toxic ass? My wife (who plays a little) was watching, and was just like, why?

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    Some people's children, I swear.

    Last night I played a game where one person DC'd immediately, and the next killed themselves on hook, so I was like okay, I'll play nice and let these two get some points. One was having fun, but the other hid (it seems) in lockers just long enough not to set off the crow notifications. After like 15 minutes I was right next to a locker when they finally got a crow (lucky), and as I went to pull them out, they used head on. I pretty quickly downed them, let the other unhook, then heal, then downed and hooked them again.

    I was going to kill them for hiding the whole time, but the other survivor indicated that I should hook them instead (charitable), and when I did, they just refused to unhook them, stared at us both and let them die, then ran. they didn't get far.

    Why do any of that if not to be a total toxic ass? My wife (who plays a little) was watching, and was just like, why?

    Yeah, as much as I like this game, the community - beyond any other factor - is what makes me need to take a break sometimes.

    I get competitive people, I understand the occasional bit of QQ in postgame from the losing side.

    It's the gloating winners and the endlessly creative griefers that spoil it.

  • I had a few games like that. Anymore I go for a 3Gen strat because most my games are Gen rushers just trying to speed through the games. When I do I wait them out and kill them one by one because they seem to like to rush the hook and body block. By the end of the game they accused me of holding the game hostage because I wouldn't let them get the last Gen.

    I laughed because that's a new one....Been accused of being a Camper.....a Tunneler.....a Troll.....but never that.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    I had a few games like that. Anymore I go for a 3Gen strat because most my games are Gen rushers just trying to speed through the games. When I do I wait them out and kill them one by one because they seem to like to rush the hook and body block. By the end of the game they accused me of holding the game hostage because I wouldn't let them get the last Gen.

    I laughed because that's a new one....Been accused of being a Camper.....a Tunneler.....a Troll.....but never that.

    This is why I'm less merciful these days.

    I've had so many groups have an early DC, I'll go easy and let them do gens, hooking them twice then ignoring them, they never gave any indication that they wanted out - only to be yelled at and accused of 'holding the game hostage' in postgame.

    Of course, if you don't give them a change, you get cussed out for being a 'tryhard'.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    Some people's children, I swear.

    Last night I played a game where one person DC'd immediately, and the next killed themselves on hook, so I was like okay, I'll play nice and let these two get some points. One was having fun, but the other hid (it seems) in lockers just long enough not to set off the crow notifications. After like 15 minutes I was right next to a locker when they finally got a crow (lucky), and as I went to pull them out, they used head on. I pretty quickly downed them, let the other unhook, then heal, then downed and hooked them again.

    I was going to kill them for hiding the whole time, but the other survivor indicated that I should hook them instead (charitable), and when I did, they just refused to unhook them, stared at us both and let them die, then ran. they didn't get far.

    Why do any of that if not to be a total toxic ass? My wife (who plays a little) was watching, and was just like, why?

    I am sure you have learned your lesson, but never trust those types of survivors. They are always like that in my experience, if they play like there is something a little off about them, mentally, there probably is something off with them irl. It is not just a coincidence. They live it, bro.

  • Had that happen to me too. I had 2 survivors left both of them were hiding in lockers moving just enough not to get birds.

    Finally 1 of them got bored and started doing a gen so i downed her but i left her to bleed out since hell no im giving a free hatch to survivors that are keeping me stuck in one game for how long.

    This poor girl was bleeding out and this other survivor just kept hiding until im assuming she screwed up and went too fast into a closet where i finally found her. I dropped her on the ground. Went to hook the other girl who i left bleeding out and after that closed the hatch.

    I try not to be evil killer but after 30 minutes of playing hide and seek with these 2 i was done... so i left her on the ground..watched her crawl towards me and i just backed away looking at the time pass by making sure she didnt have unbreakable, and i killed her with the time running out even though i could have hooked her i figured i'll just give her a fracture of her own medicine.

    End game i just typed. Maybe next time you wont make the killer wait for 30 minutes...

    Edit: typos

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2652923#Comment_2652923

    This is why I'm less merciful these days.

    I've had so many groups have an early DC, I'll go easy and let them do gens, hooking them twice then ignoring them, they never gave any indication that they wanted out - only to be yelled at and accused of 'holding the game hostage' in postgame.

    Of course, if you don't give them a change, you get cussed out for being a 'tryhard'.

    Yeah it's either GG EZ BABY KILLER or UNINSTALL THE GAME LOOOOZER if they win but if they lose it's LAME TRY HARD or something about me cheating.

  • Fun fact, this was a ✨bannable offence✨

  • @StarLost said:

    Seriously, what a misery that was.

    Had a feeling it was going to be an ugly game when I spotted the obvious premade in the lobby.

    End up on Ironworks, playing Demo.

    Very tough game, finally get 2 survivors dead and I'm left with a very decent 3gen.

    So...do the Ash and the Meg try to be smart? Lead me off?

    No, they go and play hide and seek for 45 frigging minutes, doing just enough not to get AFK crows as I try and hunt them around the map. Finally just ended up AFKing, and it took another 30 minutes for them to finally end.

    What the hell is wrong with some people? Is it really worth wasting nearly 180 minutes of time between two people to be a butt to someone because you lost?