Ok so do you prefer slowdown heavy builds or slug heavy builds.

This is not a "hurr durr survivor toxic" post this is just me wondering what most people prefer to play against.

For me at least when Im tryna win I have 2 options go for a big slug with stuff like infectious, penance devour and obviously killers that are good at it like Billy Plague or Twins or just draw the game out with slowdown like corrupt pop ruin and it seems with either build a lot of people seem very dissatisfied at either my perks (when I use slowdown) or my playstyle when I do a slug heavy build.

What kinda of builds do yall prefer VSing?

Comments

  • I prefer VSing slowdown builds, because even the best isn't gonna be good enough. Slugging is just annoying to go against, especially in solo where nobody makes the correct decisions.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    This is not a "hurr durr survivor toxic" post this is just me wondering what most people prefer to play against.

    For me at least when Im tryna win I have 2 options go for a big slug with stuff like infectious, penance devour and obviously killers that are good at it like Billy Plague or Twins or just draw the game out with slowdown like corrupt pop ruin and it seems with either build a lot of people seem very dissatisfied at either my perks (when I use slowdown) or my playstyle when I do a slug heavy build.

    What kinda of builds do yall prefer VSing?

    I've started moving away from direct slowdown perks on a lot of killers. I'm having more success with early pressure (LP), mid-pressure+info (Plaything+Retribution+Devour Hope), snowball (Starstruck+Agitation) or full on unga-bunga chasedown (SF+Enduring+BS).

    Regression builds often feel like 'win more' builds, as if you are struggling to get hooks no amount of slowdown perks are going to help, and in some cases (Deadlock, Thrilling) can actively backfire and allow a lot of gens to pop together.

    That said, I still do run Pop+Oppression in some games, as it's a very consistent combination.

    @danielmaster87 said:

    I prefer VSing slowdown builds, because even the best isn't gonna be good enough. Slugging is just annoying to go against, especially in solo where nobody makes the correct decisions.

    Slugging is one of those things that a lot of killers don't set out to do deliberately, but wind up happening anyway. If I down someone and can also down someone else, I'm going to do so. Or if I get a chain reaction Infectious Fright situation.

    I'll usually give a team a chance to recover though, unless they've annoyed me.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    This is not a "hurr durr survivor toxic" post this is just me wondering what most people prefer to play against.

    For me at least when Im tryna win I have 2 options go for a big slug with stuff like infectious, penance devour and obviously killers that are good at it like Billy Plague or Twins or just draw the game out with slowdown like corrupt pop ruin and it seems with either build a lot of people seem very dissatisfied at either my perks (when I use slowdown) or my playstyle when I do a slug heavy build.

    What kinda of builds do yall prefer VSing?

    Using character specific perks only on those characters. I don't mix or match. Seems using the same perks on every killer would make the game bland and take away the uniqueness of a killer.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    This is not a "hurr durr survivor toxic" post this is just me wondering what most people prefer to play against.

    For me at least when Im tryna win I have 2 options go for a big slug with stuff like infectious, penance devour and obviously killers that are good at it like Billy Plague or Twins or just draw the game out with slowdown like corrupt pop ruin and it seems with either build a lot of people seem very dissatisfied at either my perks (when I use slowdown) or my playstyle when I do a slug heavy build.

    What kinda of builds do yall prefer VSing?

    I don't set out for either. It truly depends on the killer I'm using the the type of survivors I frequently see. Some killers I prefer 2 or more slowdown with and other I will run none. Slug builds I rarely use but still find times where 3-4 are in the dirt..

    I have been glued to Plaything, LP, BBQ, and BS/POP. I may customize it from time to time like Corrupt, LP, Plaything, BBQ but it's my primary build. Very Very shortly I won't need BBQ so POP, Brutal, STBL will see more play.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295220/ok-so-do-you-prefer-slowdown-heavy-builds-or-slug-heavy-builds

    I don't set out for either. It truly depends on the killer I'm using the the type of survivors I frequently see. Some killers I prefer 2 or more slowdown with and other I will run none. Slug builds I rarely use but still find times where 3-4 are in the dirt..

    I have been glued to Plaything, LP, BBQ, and BS/POP. I may customize it from time to time like Corrupt, LP, Plaything, BBQ but it's my primary build. Very Very shortly I won't need BBQ so POP, Brutal, STBL will see more play.

    Oh and Fire UP has been seeing more play of late.

  • I'd prefer versing slug builds.

    That said, slug builds are basically dead right now from boons + the plethora of anti-slug perks that have come out. Same goes for hit and run builds.

  • I prefer slug over slowdown.

    Either the match is over fast, or I get a couple chances to turn the game around

    Also, any chance to use Soul Guard+ Unbreak a Bill is welcome imo.

    Twins+Infectious Nurse>>>>>>>>>>>> old Sweaty Freddy+ Ruin Undying Tinkerer Blight

  • I won't tell you because I want you to play with any build you like.

  • All information. Not much you can do against a Nurse that knows where everyone is all of the time. BBQ, Bitter, Infectious, Tinkerers

  • Slowdown.

    Even the strongest slowdown build simply cannot hold gens on its own. Not to mention that the general gameplay will be the same, just slower.

    Slugging, on the other hand, is just annoying.

  • For me, almost exclusively playing killer, I personally have more fun not slugging a ton, so I don’t usually lean into trying for a simultaneous 4-person slug. I do slug in that after I down someone I’ll often chase someone else if they’re already nearby or to put pressure on a nearby gen that’s almost done or to break a pallet or kick a generator while the person still can’t get up. But I rarely leave people on the ground so long that I would miss the opportunity to hook them at that some point (it feels annoying to down someone and not getting the hook out of it.)

    I do like Deerstalker, though, since like I said I do slug for short periods pretty often, and Deerstalker is a great quality of life perk for that strategy since it means never having to listen and look for a slugged survivor that crawled into a corner to hide, and it makes keeping an eye on them to see if someone is coming in for a recovery that much easier. I just rarely go all out on the whole slug build (e,g. Knockout, Deerstalker, Third Seal, etc.)

  • If I'm trying to win then slowdown. If I'm trying to have fun then neither.