Give Visual Indication to killer of when hook immunity window expires.

This should have been implemented when immunity was first created.

Getting really tired of people getting away because you have no method to see when their immunity window after being unhooked is over, especially when it comes to someone being unhooked and running to the exit. Have had multiple games where I'll be getting bodyblocked by said surv because I know if I hit them, they'll get that speed boost especially on smaller maps with tight hallways that you can't get around them.

Would be really helpful if killer had a visual indicator either on the portrait or on the character model themselves of when the immunity window is over after being unhooked.


The alternative would be to not have the killer go through the hit animation if they hit an immune surv.

Comments

  • Hook Immunity? Are you referring to Endurance/Borrowed time effect? Sadly it's just one of the things you as a killer need to count in your head too, implementing something like what you're asking for would have a TON of really obnoxious/annoying side effects that probably wouldn't be worth it. The good news is with DS dead at least the most you're probably counting to is 13 instead of 60.

  • BT should just remove unit collission for the duration of the endurance effect, so that bodyblock strat can't be used at all anymore.

  • Is it so hard to count till 12? U can't be serious here.

  • You already need to remember and think of so many things in the game when playing killer, what is one more?

  • @R2k said:

    Is it so hard to count till 12? U can't be serious here.

    12?!

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    You already need to remember and think of so many things in the game when playing killer, what is one more?

    The real question is why do killers need to remember so many things? We still don't have individual hook counters (because that supports tunnelling apparently) yet tunneling is at an all-time high still. But having the game remember stuff for you would be too convenient therefore OP.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2640674#Comment_2640674

    The real question is why do killers need to remember so many things? We still don't have individual hook counters (because that supports tunnelling apparently) yet tunneling is at an all-time high still. But having the game remember stuff for you would be too convenient therefore OP.

    I don't see Bt timer or any other timer, or hook counter necessary. I don't get it why it's such a huge problem to use memory. Also I don't want to see DbD even more casual and stupid.

  • Killers need a lot of love, but not this kind of love. Being able to approximate the windows of abilities and skills in games is a common metric to help elevate the better players.

  • Think OP talking about I-frames immediatly after being unhooked, you have to wait until they are able to start moving t hit them, for obvious reasons.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    Think OP talking about I-frames immediatly after being unhooked, you have to wait until they are able to start moving t hit them, for obvious reasons.

    He also mentioned a speed boost, so it's not i-frames, it's Borrowed Time.


    I would suggest you play some survivor and learn the survivor perks. There's a large blind spot of ignorance here and you'll play a much better killer if you know how survivor works.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2640970#Comment_2640970

    He also mentioned a speed boost, so it's not i-frames, it's Borrowed Time.

    I would suggest you play some survivor and learn the survivor perks. There's a large blind spot of ignorance here and you'll play a much better killer if you know how survivor works.

    Oh, yea that is true.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2640783#Comment_2640783

    I don't see Bt timer or any other timer, or hook counter necessary. I don't get it why it's such a huge problem to use memory. Also I don't want to see DbD even more casual and stupid.

    Then let's stop balancing around casuals.