Gaming Etiquette
I've played a lot of dbd but still consider myself fairly new as I only started the beginning of the Halloween event. With that said I am still learning about game etiquette. Some in game behavior confuses me. What are some dos and don't when it comes to in game politeness?
Comments
Do whatever you want, if your not cheating / being toxic theres nothing wrong with it.
Here's my general take on respectful game etiquette.
Survivors shouldn't:
Killers shouldn't:
Neither should:
---
Everything else is more or less fair game.
This includes tunneling, camping, using certain perks, gen rushing, whatever else.
@Beaburd
Good luck making others follow it.
DBD has a kind of reverse etiquette where the idea is to be as rude as possible within a short space of time
Yeaaahh...
Just play however you want. Don't let anyone try to control how you play the game.
Some killers however hate:
Some survivors hate:
These are just the popular ones that are complained about pretty frequently on the forums.
Welcome. Wanted to inform you that most of the cave dwellers on this forum won't know what etiquette means.
Please don't slug(leave people on the ground) and let them bleed out on purpose. I believe its 4 minutes to bleed out and as a killer main I believe its the worst think a killer can do.
Sure. And welcome to the game!
A few things (from a killer perspective):
As a survivor:
As a killer:
Hey! I rather like this cave!
As a killer a single crouch anywhere except a pallet or window i take as a thank you
I hope the one about slugging includes the caveat "If you bleed out because you crawled off to god knows where whilst I was trying to finish hooking everyone, that's on you". ๐
Oh wow thanks for the responses! One thing I've been doing, is letting the survivors bleed out. I do this usually when I accidently hit a person who came off the hook recently, and I assume their teammate will save them, not that they will bleed out. Besides not hitting them in the first place, is there anything else I can do?
I don't know if you are asking about actual game play or just player interactions.
Survivors kind rude:
Teabag at pallets and windows
Flashlight clicking
Sandbagging teammates (trying to brush the killer off on them while they are doing an objective)
Killer kinda rude:
Hitting people on hook
Body blocking people before hitting them
Shaking head no at survivors after a down or hook
Survivors toxic:
Ambushing killers for multiple flashlight stuns
Waiting in the exit gate for the entire EGC for rigorous teabagging
Teaming with someone else to hide and keep killer on the map
Killer Toxic:
Face camping 1st hooks
Tunneling people out of the game early on
Not respecting a legit kobe (hitting someone back down when the survivor gets themselves off the hook)
**With all that being said I think several people have noted that no matter what you will get post-game hate mail. This is 100% true, people who play DbD can be real salty. I suppose the longer you play, you will see patterns in the feedback. And no matter which role you prefer, play the otherside some. This is a good way to understand why people are triggered by some stuff.
If they have teammates who are up/healthy and don't pick them up, that's on their team. If they crawl to some obscure nook and you can't find them, that's on them.
If you're feeling really charitable, you can pick them up and let them wiggle free.
Don't bother about others. U don't need to satisfy them or do anything as others ask u. Play the game the way u enjoy and ignore everyone else.
Only thing u need to be aware is after-game chat. Don't badword players and it will be fine.