Create a trans or non-binary survivor

I would like to see some LGBTQ representation in the survivor pool. So far everyone is CIS.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • I'm all for representation in the game. We should definitely have someone from the lgbtq community but we shouldn't just make one for the sake of diversity only and they should be really careful to not make them being trans or non binary their whole personality.

    All in all in for it but please be careful when making one

  • I prefer if they didn't token are community. I'm for one and hoping for a gay male, on the killer side. So if they do it right I'm all for.

  • Yeah, kind of weird we do not have any LGBT representation on the entire roster. What are the odds?

  • There's no confirmed cis Survivors. Every single original Survivor has been left up to interpretation, which is fine in my opinion.

    On the other hand, I'd like to see a Homosexual/Bisexual Survivor, as at least two Survivors (David and Felix) have had mention of Hetero relationships, so it'd even it out.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Yeah, kind of weird we do not have any LGBT representation on the entire roster. What are the odds?

    Sorta do? Chatterer but... Nft..

  • @livtheslitch said:

    I would like to see some LGBTQ representation in the survivor pool. So far everyone is CIS.

    Nea is canonically gendernonconforming, but that's never outright stated. The Entity is in a similar situation of using she/her pronouns, basically due to French/English translation issues.

    but, yeah, some characters who are cannonically (stated in lore) queer would be nice.

  • And I would like to see Ellen Ripley or Sarah Connor for the role of survivors. But unfortunately, not everything we want will come true. Someone just wants LGBT + characters. And someone want well-written characters who can be played

  • @StefanBlaze said:

    And I would like to see Ellen Ripley or Sarah Connor for the role of survivors. But unfortunately, not everything we want will come true. Someone just wants LGBT + characters. And someone want well-written characters who can be played

    I mean... I think most people who want a LBGT character likely want them to be well written. Rofl.

  • Beat me by 5 minutes.

    I honestly don't care either way. I just want cool, creative and powerful killers. I'd love another stealth killer, in particular.

    Survivors? They are just skins to me. I'll pick the one that's the most camoflaged or my waifu of choice and that's as far as I go.

    Honestly though, how do people know that there *aren't* any LGBT killers?

    Or...a better question: how would people know that a killer *was* LGBT?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635985#Comment_2635985

    I mean... I think most people who want a LBGT character likely want them to be well written. Rofl.

    In this case, then you will have to wait a VERY long time, because two chapters await us until January, one original and the second licensed.

  • @StefanBlaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635995#Comment_2635995

    In this case, then you will have to wait a VERY long time, because two chapters await us until January, one original and the second licensed.

    So, so curious what the licensed chapter is going to be.

    If it's The Thing...yeah. Cigar time. That and Pinhead were the two I was waiting for. Oh, and my giant spoopy spider.

  • @StefanBlaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635995#Comment_2635995

    In this case, then you will have to wait a VERY long time, because two chapters await us until January, one original and the second licensed.

    I mean, me, personally? I love licensed killers. So you know, if that is what is happening, I actually prefer that. I just think it is weird.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635999#Comment_2635999

    So, so curious what the licensed chapter is going to be.

    If it's The Thing...yeah. Cigar time. That and Pinhead were the two I was waiting for. Oh, and my giant spoopy spider.

    In my opinion, the developers will add a chapter related to a popular movie or TV series, as chapters related to other games are announced for the anniversaries.

    And the spider for February will be prepared already

  • I'm...not sure if a bunch of rotting kid meat trapped inside an animatronic qualifies as a 'furry'. I'd prefer a wolfman if they want to go that route :).

    Ye gods spoopy spider would make me so hyped. That said...I would bet against it. There's a weird trend in gaming (even horror gaming - sigh) to avoid triggering people's phobias, particularly arachnophobia and that thing with all the little holes.

    Still though - imagine hanging in a web only to drop down onto a group of people doing a gen. Brings out my inner 8 year-old XD.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I'm all for representation in the game. We should definitely have someone from the lgbtq community but we shouldn't just make one for the sake of diversity only and they should be really careful to not make them being trans or non binary their whole personality.

    All in all in for it but please be careful when making one

    I second this.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635999#Comment_2635999

    No, i don't think that's the case. There's 1 more survivor and 1 more killer to be revealed in year 6, which is june 2021 - june 2022. So the next chapter is probably going to be in February or march. And i also don't think it will be liscensed because they said they aim for at least 50% of their chapters to be original and we already got 2 licensed chapters this year.

    Dude, that was the head of the paragraph dedicated to Hellraisers. Doesn't count. Since when 2 chapters dedicated to the evil dead and the scream came out, the developers rolled out 1 original and then another licensed chapter

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635986#Comment_2635986

    Beat me by 5 minutes.

    I honestly don't care either way. I just want cool, creative and powerful killers. I'd love another stealth killer, in particular.

    Honestly though, how do people know that there *aren't* any LGBT killers?

    Or...a better question: how would people know that a killer *was* LGBT?

    Honestly, I wish they'd just make a character who uses they/them pronouns (without that being their entire character).

    I think it's fine that character sexualities are mostly left vague.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635996#Comment_2635996

    Honestly, I wish they'd just make a character who uses they/them pronouns (without that being their entire character).

    I think it's fine that character sexualities are mostly left vague.

    I think this is good too

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636018#Comment_2636018

    I'm...not sure if a bunch of rotting kid meat trapped inside an animatronic qualifies as a 'furry'. I'd prefer a wolfman if they want to go that route :).

    Ye gods spoopy spider would make me so hyped. That said...I would bet against it. There's a weird trend in gaming (even horror gaming - sigh) to avoid triggering people's phobias, particularly arachnophobia and that thing with all the little holes.

    Still though - imagine hanging in a web only to drop down onto a group of people doing a gen. Brings out my inner 8 year-old XD.

    Hah

    That's right, it also bothers me that the developed ones do not add this kind of thing at least to the original chapters (the plague dosen't count, оk?)

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    I prefer if they didn't token are community. I'm for one and hoping for a gay male, on the killer side. So if they do it right I'm all for.

    Technically, Pinhead/Chatterer are gay. Or at the very least, were created by a gay Director. Ghostface (Scream) was also created by a gay Director. And if we ever get Chucky or Candyman, that's even more representaiton from Horror Icons created by the LGBT.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635977#Comment_2635977

    Technically, Pinhead/Chatterer are gay. Or at the very least, were created by a gay Director. Ghostface (Scream) was also created by a gay Director. And if we ever get Chucky or Candyman, that's even more representaiton from Horror Icons created by the LGBT.

    I think lgbt representation in those cases is for the actual people, and not the characters.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636050#Comment_2636050

    I think lgbt representation in those cases is for the actual people, and not the characters.

    What's the difference? We're taking work that became huge horror icons, specifically created from the LGBT community, and displaying it proudly. If people really want to have their sexuality represented in a murderer, idk how to respond that. It used to be a big deal (negatively), and still is, when the only gay representation in movies/games is when they're evil in some shape or form.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635977#Comment_2635977

    Technically, Pinhead/Chatterer are gay. Or at the very least, were created by a gay Director. Ghostface (Scream) was also created by a gay Director. And if we ever get Chucky or Candyman, that's even more representaiton from Horror Icons created by the LGBT.

    Yeah, Clive Barker was gay. A lot of his books and especially his filmography (Nightbreed...oh boy) were him working out his sexuality and identity. Genuinely fascinating chap. Another good openly gay author is David Feintuch, creator of the best science fiction series ever written (the Hope series).

    And...I've always had certain questions about the Cenobites' choice of outfit...

    @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636053#Comment_2636053

    What's the difference? We're taking work that became huge horror icons, specifically created from the LGBT community, and displaying it proudly. If people really want to have their sexuality represented in a murderer, idk how to respond that. It used to be a big deal (negatively), and still is, when the only gay representation in movies/games is when they're evil in some shape or form.

    Honestly, I find the main draw of this game to be the killers.

    Also - this stereotype mostly went out with the 80s horror wave, only really remaining in deliberately exploitative 'shock' cinema like the Tromaverse. The 90s saw the trope of the 'immortal, all knowing gay best friend' and now you have incredibly prestigious horror media with gay protagonists (IT, HOHH season 2 etc.).

    This is one thing I find quite odd about modern media though. It may be that I'm old, and grew up on games where your avatar was barely recognizable as human (and was more likely to be a blue hedgehog, a gorilla or a deformed plumber) - but I've never identified particularly strongly with my avatars. In fact, I tend to gravitate towards more conventionally attractive female avatars than male avatars in most things. Which I've been told is 'deeply problematic'...somehow.

    @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635977#Comment_2635977

    Technically, Pinhead/Chatterer are gay. Or at the very least, were created by a gay Director. Ghostface (Scream) was also created by a gay Director. And if we ever get Chucky or Candyman, that's even more representaiton from Horror Icons created by the LGBT.

    It's one of the things that I really like about the wider horror community. Until quite recently, it was (along with sci-fi) very much the territory of societal outsiders - nerds, the LGBT crowd, minorities etc. which is why it often dealt with themes of alienation and otherness and got to push boundaries that the mainstream may not have been entirely comfortable with - which is something that only horror can really get away with.

    People who didn't have a place to call their own could usually carve out a niche within the horror community and produced some genuinely fascinating media. While The Thing will always be my favorite, my others are The Haunting (if I'm not mistaken, one of the first major films to even hint at lesbianism), Hellraiser (dealing with sexual awakenings, BDSM, fixation and power within relationships) and Candyman (just...too much to even start to unpack).

    Dammit but being a horror fan is awesome.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636053#Comment_2636053

    What's the difference? We're taking work that became huge horror icons, specifically created from the LGBT community, and displaying it proudly. If people really want to have their sexuality represented in a murderer, idk how to respond that. It used to be a big deal (negatively), and still is, when the only gay representation in movies/games is when they're evil in some shape or form.

    I think it's important that we celebrate the accolades of the people, and not their fictional characters.

    just because a character's creator is queer, doesn't mean they are, that's all.

    Edit: anyways, everyone knows the villains are the main stars anyways.

  • I cant wait to get report because i camp and tunnel a lgbt survivor for descrimination when i just like to be an ass to the survivor when im killer

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636059#Comment_2636059

    I think it's important that we celebrate the accolades of the people, and not their fictional characters.

    just because a character's creator is queer, doesn't mean they are, that's all.

    Edit: anyways, everyone knows the villains are the main stars anyways.

    I'm not stating that because a character's creator is queer, automatically means they are. What I did state though is that it's heavily hinted/implied in the movies/comics that Pinhead/Chatterer's past life before becoming Cenobites; they were gay. And even if they weren't, the characters were created by a LGBT director so there's still representation through their work being used and immortalized in a game. This applies to Ghostface as well. Scream obviously wasn't gay, or at the very least no evidence was given to support whether or not they were bi/gay.

  • @botrax said:

    I cant wait to get report because i camp and tunnel a lgbt survivor for descrimination when i just like to be an ass to the survivor when im killer

    I mean, I don't think anyone would say anything to call you discriminatory unless you said something first. like, if a bubba camped someone to death, that survivor's main salt would likely be about camping. if that bubba then said something horrid in the endgame chat about that player's digital avatar, that would be cause for calling out.


    I'd say the only people who'd be jerks about that would likely be feigning anger.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636064#Comment_2636064

    I'm not stating that because a character's creator is queer, automatically means they are. What I did state though is that it's heavily hinted/implied in the movies/comics that Pinhead/Chatterer's past life before becoming Cenobites; they were gay. Scream obviously wasn't, or at the very least no evidence was given to support whether or not they were bi/gay.

    right. sorry, I misunderstood you.

    yes, ceno is canonically queer.

  • @botrax said:

    I cant wait to get report because i camp and tunnel a lgbt survivor for descrimination when i just like to be an ass to the survivor when im killer

    Some people already tunnel/camp people who rock Pride Flag charms.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636067#Comment_2636067

    Some people already tunnel/camp people who rock Pride Flag charms.

    And i think its going to get worse i say that because i had some personel experience with the pride charm so just camping a lgbt survivor im going to get report everytime i play bubba

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636067#Comment_2636067

    I mean, I don't think anyone would say anything to call you discriminatory unless you said something first. like, if a bubba camped someone to death, that survivor's main salt would likely be about camping. if that bubba then said something horrid in the endgame chat about that player's digital avatar, that would be cause for calling out.

    I'd say the only people who'd be jerks about that would likely be feigning anger.

    I've had people threaten to report me multiple times for 'camping' or 'tunneling' them because they had a pride charm or played Claudette. As people feared after that Twitter turdstorm, some survivors literally seem to think that a pride charm should work like an everything-proof shield :|.

    The only times I'll facecamp someone is if they BM me. I'll tunnel sometimes, sure - but it's simply a matter of who I downed first.

    @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636067#Comment_2636067

    Some people already tunnel/camp people who rock Pride Flag charms.

    But are they tunneling them because they rock pride charms, or is that just coincidental?

    From what I remember, there has been only one case of this - allegedly a killer would constantly focus down Claudettes and yakked about it in postgame.

    @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636064#Comment_2636064

    I'm not stating that because a character's creator is queer, automatically means they are. What I did state though is that it's heavily hinted/implied in the movies/comics that Pinhead/Chatterer's past life before becoming Cenobites; they were gay. Scream obviously wasn't, or at the very least no evidence was given to support whether or not they were bi/gay.

    Uhm.

    Chatterer was a kid, if I recall. A very...young kid, probably pre-sexual. That was sort of the punchline to the character (kids would tend to design a monstrosity like that).

    Pinhead...yeah, I could see that. I haven't read any of the comics though (was Barker even involved in those?).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636028#Comment_2636028

    Hellraiser and ghost face are chapters, and hour of the witch is classed as a mid chapter, for some reason.

    Either way we were promised 5 survivors and 4 killers and 1 map in year 6

    So far we have: Leon, Jill, Mikaela, Jonah

    And : Nemesis, Cenobite, Artist

    We also got Eyrie of Crows

    Not saying this to prove you wrong, just don't want people to be disappointed.

    December 6 we will find out

  • Only if the background story is that they played a video game and got swatted because the game didn't had any protection...

  • I dont think its that big of a deal.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636129#Comment_2636129

    To you it's not. To other people, representation is important.

    I originally wanted to have a discussion about this theme because is an interesting theme but in second thought it doesnt seem like a good idea anymore.

  • I mean... you can think Dwight is non-binary since it's never mentioned... even a hetero character like Felix is being made gay in some fanficts so... You can do whatever you want with each character as you feel it, not because BHVR doesn't properly include someone doesn't mean you can't think of said character like that. If I like doing so I can think Dwight actually was a woman that didn't get many chances in the basketball team due being a woman (the basketball team one is in the lore) so she decided to swap genders because she felt umconfortable and also changed names because wanted to start fresh. See? There's nothing forcing you but your own imagination.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636129#Comment_2636129

    To you it's not. To other people, representation is important.

    Yes, but it's bad to force someone into your ideals... if i.e. I care about environment but out there the guys on the streets are not. Should I force them? Even if for me it's important, I can't do so. Same with everything, for me fulfilling some laws that doesn't get fullfiled are important but I can't point a gun at someone just because it.

  • Interesting. I'll have to check that out tomorrow (off to bed shortly). I wonder if that's 'movie' canon or 'expanded universe' canon though.

    @lavars said:

    Only if the background story is that they played a video game and got swatted because the game didn't had any protection...

    Ye gods...

    Too soon, too soon! XD

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635983#Comment_2635983

    Entité est un nom féminin mais ca ne veut pas dire que L'entité utilise les pronoms she/her. Ca veut dire que "entité" est d'accord avec l'article défini "la" et l'article indéfini "une". C'est une règle de grammaire français.

    (Entity is a feminine noun but that doesn't mean The Entity uses she/her pronouns. It means that the noun itself, "entity", agrees with the definite article "la" and the indefinite article "une". It's a rule of French grammar.)

    right, translation + interpretation. I forgot to mention interpretation.

    sidenote: Nea has a cosmetic "for the nonconformist" so that's another piece of evidence I like.

  • The devs can do what they want in this matter. They're not obligated.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636130#Comment_2636130

    Interesting. I'll have to check that out tomorrow (off to bed shortly). I wonder if that's 'movie' canon or 'expanded universe' canon though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636123#Comment_2636123

    Ye gods...

    Too soon, too soon! XD

    you know it's funny and you know i'm right

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636159#Comment_2636159

    Honestly I don't recall. I haven't watched the movies in aaaggges.

    Just did a rewatch of them (at least the first 5, the ones that are at least semi-good). Chatterer is only in the first two, and does literally nothing (as the costume made the actor completely deaf and blind).

    It's revealed in the second film, after the Gash (the 4 primary Cenobites) are killed by the Leviathan/Charnard tentacle puppet - yes that was fun to write - that the Chatterer is actually a very young boy.

    I'd like to think that they wouldn't sexualize someone that age, so it's probably 'expanded universe' canon (which, oddly enough my wife has been brushing up on for her DnD campaign as one player wants to play a Cenobite!) or something retconned in the terrible later sequels.

  • The way I look at it is if we get LGBTQIA+ representation then yayy but I won't be upset if it never happens in a blatant way.

    This is coming from someone who is trans like, I just really am not crazy about it. If they do I just want it to be good and make sense. I'd love it even if they made existing characters confirmed as being LGBT+

    Like if BHVR came out and said Nea is lesbian / non-binary I'd be happy with that lol


    All in all I openly welcome representation done right but I don't demand it nor do I want it to be forced. I like how open things are left to us, the fan base, to interpret things tbh

    (All that being said a trans and or non-binary survivor would be so cool 😅)

  • Personally I wish people would just go with the idea of any survivor can be gay or straight. Like a straight person who main's Meg can say "My Meg is straight" and a gay person who main's meg can say "My Meg is Gay". Canonically no original characters in the game are Straight or Gay, it's left up to interpretation. Nothing wrong With that

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636207#Comment_2636207

    Except we have numerous confirmed heterosexual pairings in the lore (e.g. David's girlfriend).

    Is that important to the character of David? Like if they took away that aspect would that drastically change the character?

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636207#Comment_2636207

    Except we have numerous confirmed heterosexual pairings in the lore (e.g. David's girlfriend).

    Also I'm not against adding an lgbt survivor, I just don't want that to be the focal point of the character, like "This is the new character, they're lgbt..........what you expected more? What else do you need to know beside's they're lgbt?" I think that joke was made in a south park episode...

    Personally, I'd prefer the character be well designed with a good backstory, and they also happen to be lgbt. Or it's a key aspect of their lore, but that's not all there is to the character.

‹ 1 2 3