Dev Note: The Spirit has the largest impact on performance of any Killer, technically speaking. These performance optimizations should help alleviate that on all platforms.”
What the heck does this mean? Hopefully this translates to fixing the bug with survivors teleporting when Spirit comes out of phase.
I'm really sad about the new map because now I can't make people sad that the past 2 maps we've had in the past year and a half have both been awful. :(
Lmao those balance changes. Some nerfs to Pinhead's addons, and that's it.
Obviously I wasn't expecting the amount of balance changes that we got in the last update, but a bit more would have been nice. At least have Pinhead's chase ability buffed a bit as well. Still excited for the new content though, especially the new map.
BUFF: Larry's Remains: Solving time increased by 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
BUFF: Liquified Gore: Solving time increased by 1 second (was 2 seconds)
BUFF: Chatterer's Tooth: Undetectable status now lasts 25 seconds (was 12 seconds)
If you’re talking about Engineer’s Fang, they didn’t say they were nerfing the aspect that injures healthy survivors:
Engineer's Fang: When hitting an injured Survivor with a possessed chain, only 1 additional chain will spawn
you are understanding that wrong because of the poor wording, but what they mean by it is that it increases the time by 1 second, while previously it was by 2 seconds and so on. The only buff was for chatterer's tooth which is still useless because you want chain hunts
BUFF: Larry's Remains: Solving time increased by 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
BUFF: Liquified Gore: Solving time increased by 1 second (was 2 seconds)
BUFF: Chatterer's Tooth: Undetectable status now lasts 25 seconds (was 12 seconds)
If you’re talking about Engineer’s Fang, they didn’t say they were nerfing the aspect that injures healthy survivors:
Engineer's Fang: When hitting an injured Survivor with a possessed chain, only 1 additional chain will spawn
I'm confused - I thought decreasing the solving time was a nerf, not a buff. Also the torture pillar.
And yeah, I really didn't like that they increased the vision on the iri box, because that was the only remotely reliable way to get a chain hunt rolling.
BUFF: Larry's Remains: Solving time increased by 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
BUFF: Liquified Gore: Solving time increased by 1 second (was 2 seconds)
BUFF: Chatterer's Tooth: Undetectable status now lasts 25 seconds (was 12 seconds)
If you’re talking about Engineer’s Fang, they didn’t say they were nerfing the aspect that injures healthy survivors:
Engineer's Fang: When hitting an injured Survivor with a possessed chain, only 1 additional chain will spawn
Idk why the other comment I posed didn't go trough, but I'll just say it again. What they mean by "increased by 2 seconds" is that now it will be 2 seconds instead of 4. They always word things so weirdly, but beside the chatter's tooth add on, they were all nerfs, and even the buffed one isn't good enough to warrant being used because you want people to be in chain hunts more often than not
I'm confused - I thought decreasing the solving time was a nerf, not a buff. Also the torture pillar.
And yeah, I really didn't like that they increased the vision on the iri box, because that was the only remotely reliable way to get a chain hunt rolling.
It doesn’t say decreased, it says INCREASED. That makes it a buff because increased time means longer solving time.
Idk why the other comment I posed didn't go trough, but I'll just say it again. What they mean by "increased by 2 seconds" is that now it will be 2 seconds instead of 4. They always word things so weirdly, but beside the chatter's tooth add on, they were all nerfs, and even the buffed one isn't good enough to warrant being used because you want people to be in chain hunts more often than not
Ah, my bad then. That is such a confusing way to word your patch notes.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They've added a new map!
We got a new boon totem and map yay!!!
Finally...a new map. Maybe I'll get a break between Macmillan/ AutoHaven.
New scourge hook and boon perk. Nice to see they are adding more already
“Optimized The Spirit's performance.
Dev Note: The Spirit has the largest impact on performance of any Killer, technically speaking. These performance optimizations should help alleviate that on all platforms.”
What the heck does this mean? Hopefully this translates to fixing the bug with survivors teleporting when Spirit comes out of phase.
I'm really sad about the new map because now I can't make people sad that the past 2 maps we've had in the past year and a half have both been awful. :(
Unless ofc this one is garbage too.
Lmao those balance changes. Some nerfs to Pinhead's addons, and that's it.
Obviously I wasn't expecting the amount of balance changes that we got in the last update, but a bit more would have been nice. At least have Pinhead's chase ability buffed a bit as well. Still excited for the new content though, especially the new map.
New map sounds good, but really? They're nerfing the only decent things about the Cenobite? Ouch.
Oh, pinhead nerfs. Who wouldve thought lmao
Someone put the info for the Killer and Survivor up stat: also NEW MAP POG!!!!!!!!
What nerf? His addon changes were mostly good.
If you’re talking about Engineer’s Fang, they didn’t say they were nerfing the aspect that injures healthy survivors:
When the PTB releases I'll work on a post about it :)
you are understanding that wrong because of the poor wording, but what they mean by it is that it increases the time by 1 second, while previously it was by 2 seconds and so on. The only buff was for chatterer's tooth which is still useless because you want chain hunts
Also I thought people agreed that engineers fang addon was overpowered?
That’s just one nerf. The rest are really good changes.
Whether it’s OP or not is irrelevant. The notes don’t say that EF add-on will lose its ability to injure healthy survivors.
Jonah Vasquez eh? Any relation to Johnen Vasquez I wonder.
I'm confused - I thought decreasing the solving time was a nerf, not a buff. Also the torture pillar.
And yeah, I really didn't like that they increased the vision on the iri box, because that was the only remotely reliable way to get a chain hunt rolling.
Here's hoping they can actually make a decently balanced map that isn't disabled within a day of release. Who wants to bet?
Sure wouldn’t surprise me one bit.
Idk why the other comment I posed didn't go trough, but I'll just say it again. What they mean by "increased by 2 seconds" is that now it will be 2 seconds instead of 4. They always word things so weirdly, but beside the chatter's tooth add on, they were all nerfs, and even the buffed one isn't good enough to warrant being used because you want people to be in chain hunts more often than not
It doesn’t say decreased, it says INCREASED. That makes it a buff because increased time means longer solving time.
Ah, my bad then. That is such a confusing way to word your patch notes.
@Laluzi Apologies, see Hunter’s post.
It also says "Was 4 seconds" next to it.
It shows the new values, and then the old ones in brackets, have done for a while. The only add-on which has been buffed is Chatterer's Tooth.
I already addressed this in my post before yours lol.
which i didn't see because i was writing my comment and only had access to the comments up to the one i responded to?
No worries, you’re forgiven.
Inb4 said 'codebreaker' is a crypto-bro and gets released with NFTs.
Here you go