If you dont want to do chases or gens....

I'm going to get hate for this I always do, I always get told "dont tell me how to play" but I actually want to know why you play the game without a passive aggressive reply.

So, why do you play the game if you dont want to engage with the killer or try to do the objective of the game?

Comments

  • Yeah...I love selling out the kinda player that instantly runs to basement and spends the game running around in it and hiding in the lockers...basically hoping we win the 3v1 so they can come up and run out the gate.

    My daughter and I play this game and have different specialties so it works. She is a really good looper and is the type to get the killers attention and run them for 3-4 gens regularly...whereas I take a much more stealthy approach and do gens and bones to prevent noed. Like literally the 2 jobs as survivors are objectives and killer distraction. If you aren't gonna do one or the other...uninstall. This game isn't for you. Basically, I agree with you XD

  • There's only really 2 things to do in dbd. Gens and chases. If you don't wanna do either what's the point lol?

    Like I love being chased by most killers (with some obvious exceptions I've been vocal about), my bf loves doing gens, so naturally when we played together I'd do all 5 gens and he'd be tunneled all game lmao

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    There's only really 2 things to do in dbd. Gens and chases. If you don't wanna do either what's the point lol?

    Like I love being chased by most killers (with some obvious exceptions I've been vocal about), my bf loves doing gens, so naturally when we played together I'd do all 5 gens and he'd be tunneled all game lmao

    I only love being chased my Spirit because of her chase music lol.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624224#Comment_2624224

    I only love being chased my Spirit because of her chase music lol.

    Literally me with Pinhead πŸ’€ I really hate his game design and Iri addons because solo stomping but his box music makes it all okay

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624228#Comment_2624228

    Literally me with Pinhead πŸ’€ I really hate his game design and Iri addons because solo stomping but his box music makes it all okay

    Lol don't get me started on his box!! πŸ™ˆ

  • Who doesn't want to do chases?


    Chases are my favorite part of the game, on either side.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    I'm going to get hate for this I always do, I always get told "dont tell me how to play" but I actually want to know why you play the game without a passive aggressive reply.

    So, why do you play the game if you dont want to engage with the killer or try to do the objective of the game?

    To be fair, the object for survivors is not to get killed, and avoiding chases is a way to do that. Sure some survivors think their job is to distract the killer from the people doing gens, but good killers know that ignoring the flashlight clicker in favor of the survivor actually progressing the gens is often the better play.

    Not doing gens is dumb, though, since gens need to get done in order to open the gates and escape. Even if you’re hoping for a hatch escape you still probably personally have a better chance of getting out if you help do the gens.

    By the way the other tool to escaping is rescues and healing. Again, rescuing and healing survivors, at least early on, improves your own chances of getting out I think. (Although if the killer is just standing around the hook waiting for survivors to show up then just doing gens and maybe doing a hook trade now and then is the way to go over immediate rescues.)

  • Stealth is occasionally stronger than distraction. It's just if it's utilized in the right way. If it's stealth to the point of no altruism and just letting some poor soul take aggro the entire game while you do gens, then that's #########. Plus if the killer is smart and catches on to that then he will start checking around gens and your whole team is screwed. If the killer can't find you he can't kill you. Which means he can't snowball or kill anyone fast enough to make a difference. Too much of any one thing is bad ig is what I mean.

  • Stealth can be fun if it's like pure ass clenching

    On the other hand I don't understand how people find stealthing fun 100% of the time

  • Sometimes I'll stick Empathy on and I'll end up spending all my time sprinting from one side of the map to the other healing people, it works pretty well as it leaves them free to take a hit while doing a gen or while getting a chase knowing that as long as they escape Claudette will come running over the hill with her healing hands ready to give them the old butt rub and get them ready to go back into battle.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    There's only really 2 things to do in dbd. Gens and chases. If you don't wanna do either what's the point lol?

    Like I love being chased by most killers (with some obvious exceptions I've been vocal about), my bf loves doing gens, so naturally when we played together I'd do all 5 gens and he'd be tunneled all game lmao

    Welcome back.

  • I know it sounds crazy but the only way to increase mmr for survivors is by escaping. Why should every survivor risk getting tunneled or camped out of the game when they can just play hide and seek, then hopefully leave for free?

    Then again I never really see anyone doing this in my games. If they are AFK at all. I do notice when some players will stop doing gens and hide because they know hatch spawn is coming. I'll usually do my best to hover around these types of players closer to the end of the game.

    Some people could still be new to the game and not be comfortable playing it yet. Or someone could see it as a challenge... who really knows, except for that person

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    There's only really 2 things to do in dbd. Gens and chases. If you don't wanna do either what's the point lol?

    Like I love being chased by most killers (with some obvious exceptions I've been vocal about), my bf loves doing gens, so naturally when we played together I'd do all 5 gens and he'd be tunneled all game lmao

    I'd say survivors can also stealth past a killer to go for a safe unhook, which is one of my faves.