Survivors
What do you think if the game would get harder but you got comms everygame and you earn good quantity of bp like 7k for just escape.
What do you think if the game would get harder but you got comms everygame and you earn good quantity of bp like 7k for just escape.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Secondary objectives have always been wanted from both sides to spice things up but instead we got challenges that make you throw the game to complete them.
Nah, I prefer easier games without listening to toxic teammates.
How would you know you are whatever they call you then?
You need to know how great they are and how bad you are. They need to act on their animalistic urges because we never evolved beyond that.
Why stop and try to use logic when you can just throw tantrums for that sweet release.
Well consider solo Q is pretty trash I think it would be a fair trade off.
I’m with you on that.
You know, it's ironic in a way.
I love working as a team member, and always take perks that helps others out either by giving them information or some other benefit.
However, despite my enjoyment of being a team player, if I had to use comms in this game I'd probably just straight up quit.
Half the fun for me is making on-the-go decisions using the limited information I'm given, and giving aid based on my decisions to others.
If I had comms, that would be simplified to the point it's uninteresting and I'd lose my motivation to play.
---
Not to mention I sure as heck don't want to talk to a lot of people I see in-game.
I can already imagine people's shotcalling (that I will actively ignore to do whatever I want), which will inevitably lead to rage.
I'd rather not have comms and have to constantly mute people for telling me to kill myself or screaming racial/homophobic/etc. slurs all game long. There's enough of that in post-game chat already.
There are much perks to help others you just need to get rid of info about teammates perks and you could use blood pact for example and organize ur team.
Again, most of my fun comes from figuring out and using limited information and supporting based on that limited information. As soon as you allow comms, that challenge is gone (as evident with SWF, which I dislike playing in for that reason).
If I wanted to play a team game where I actively communicate and organize with others, I'd play a team shooter like Valorant, or the upcoming game that's literally that + DBD called VHS.
I'm honestly happy DBD doesn't have voice comms primarily for that reason, and would immediately leave if it were brought in. If I ever really want voice comms and organized play, I'll just do SWF or play something else.
---
And I gotta say again, I absolutely do not want to feel forced to communicate with the majority of players in this game. That is something the introduction of voice comms would encourage if not enforce, since killer would have to be buffed to make up for the communication and make non-voice solo queue users lives even worse.
Comms every game aka Built-In Comms would make me quit the game instantly. I dont want to be insulted by 14 year olds with their 5 Euro microphones in a language I dont understand.
I got interested in this game after playing F13 and one thing that was really appealing was the lack of comms.
It would be nice if we had some additional communication options in game (more emotes or something) but voice chat has a strong vote of 'no' from me.
Just FYI escaping is already worth 5000 bp.
Also the devs have said a few times they don’t intend to put in comms ingame on PC for various reasons. One is that since third party comm systems like Discord are already easily available they don’t consider an ingame system a high priority. They also said they don’t want survivor players to feel pressured to use comms, if I remember right. This was a while ago so who knows if they’d change their mind. 🤷♂️
As far as balance issues between solo survivors and survivors on comms, my suggestion has been to give all survivors a Kindred style aura reading ability as base kit so that solos at least get some of the tactical awareness available that a swf player can. Then to compensate for the overal boost in survivability increase the time it takes to complete gens somewhat (maybe 10%?). That would hopefully even out match results between solo players and swf players without signifciantly changing the overal average escape rates.