Should Blight techs be removed?

I see that some people want to have all of Blight's techs to be removed from the game since they were not an intended feature by the devs.

I'm talking about stuff like : Hug tech, Scoot Slide, Moon Rush, High DPI flicks and S/Z flicks. basically all of the fun and technical hard to learn stuff of blight.

What is your opinion of that guys?

From one side, yeah they were not intended and give advantage to the killer.

From the other side, it makes the killer much more hard to learn, fun, rewarding and STRONG.

Do we actually need to nerf more killers in a survivor sided game so just all high MMR games will be against "No game design works against me" Nurses?

Don't forget that all of his techs are counterable if you can realize you're against a good blight and you're expecting him to do them.

Comments

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Blight is fine. Only thing he needs is MnK support for consoles

    And they said in their last Q&A stream it aint coming to consoles

  • They tried limiting turning with high dpi and failed twice.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606758#Comment_2606758

    And they said in their last Q&A stream it aint coming to consoles

    Yes they even act surprised someone would ask for that, whats next? Console optimization? Pfft entitled community

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2609710#Comment_2609710

    Yes they even act surprised someone would ask for that, whats next? Console optimization? Pfft entitled community

    We can't get a steady 30 frames or a friggin Fog Whisperer, being able to use a killer anywhere near their full potential is asking way too much it appears.

  • yes i think they should, sicne are not really intended, lke Hug tech for example, i dont think should exist or slide to things, you should be bumping if u hit something not sliding with that thing to your advantage, the same goes with some type of flicks wich turn further than intended (without addons to do so)... then we have compound 33 and ring wich should get toned down quite dramatically....

  • @selflessnea said:

    Honestly they should be toned down a lot. The max turn range during a swing should be fixed. Shouldn't be able to slide all the way around shack to get a hit inside of shack.

    ha ha blight serum addon blight go brrrrrrr

  • Lets make blight to only go straight line instead.

  • @tenoresax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606538#Comment_2606538

    that's a wonderful idea! wouldn't it be great that high mmr survivor is restricted to waiting 10+ minutes to only get matched against Nurse and only Nurse with zero variety?

    Exactly!

  • Please no. Blight is perfectly fine as is. Why is it survivors don't want to have the same learning curves as strong killers? You can't expect to just coast through every game solely on basic looping knowledge

  • Blight is the most exploitable killer in DbD. Of course the techs should be removed.

  • I actually find blight really annoying to face because of his 90-180 degree turns, I won't lie about that. They take me off guard, and make me frustrated each time.

    But then I think to myself: "Could he actually down me without the ability to do that?"

    I doubt it, because then I can just hide behind objects all day between bounces.

    So I just learn to live with it, since I think he might actually need it (I'm not totally sure about this statement, but maybe).

  • @Wedeguy said:

    I see that some people want to have all of Blight's techs to be removed from the game since they were not an intended feature by the devs.

    I'm talking about stuff like : Hug tech, Scoot Slide, Moon Rush, High DPI flicks and S/Z flicks. basically all of the fun and technical hard to learn stuff of blight.

    What is your opinion of that guys?

    From one side, yeah they were not intended and give advantage to the killer.

    From the other side, it makes the killer much more hard to learn, fun, rewarding and STRONG.

    Do we actually need to nerf more killers in a survivor sided game so just all high MMR games will be against "No game design works against me" Nurses?

    Don't forget that all of his techs are counterable if you can realize you're against a good blight and you're expecting him to do them.

    The Hug tech is one of the few that I personally want gone. You, as a survivor, spend a long time creating a scenario where you finally might get an upperhand in a loop(just because you cant hit a survivor, doesnt mean they have the upperhand), having a narrow corner with a wall that makes it very hard for Blight to hit you without bouncing at least twice, giving you some room to calculate when you'd need to move etc, and then he just ignores 90% of the mechanics that Blight has.

    As for high DPI flicks, yeah, those are an issue since you would hit things that would normally be physically impossible.

    I personally set 2 rules to consider a tech to be "fair":

    1. if it down right ignores counterplay mechanics, it's not fair to the opponent
    2. if it cannot be repeated on a console, it's not fair to the opponent.

    So if Blight is intended to have a 120 degree range of hitting post-rush, and he can hit you outside that angle, how are you ever going to calculate that?

    If Blight is intended to have 2 bounces to turn tight corners, and a blight simply rushes around it as if they were Spirit, how are you ever going to calculate that?

    There is a thing between a killer being strong, and a killer not really having counterplay in scenario's.

    Essentially, learning those techs as a survivor doesnt really matter, because there isnt really a way you as a survivor can get a reward out of it, as it cannot really be countered.


    Thats like having a hook tech, where a survivor uses a flashlight click at a very specific angle under high DPI to rescue a survivor in the basement and teleport to the floor above. "It would be hard to learn, fun, rewarding and STRONG.", but it is very easy to see why killers would have an issue with that tech.

  • Yes, Blight's techs exploits should be removed fixed.

    Blight was super fun to play against, then Blight mains had to go and ruin it.

  • ? Blight serum has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/291726/should-blight-techs-be-removed

    The Hug tech is one of the few that I personally want gone. You, as a survivor, spend a long time creating a scenario where you finally might get an upperhand in a loop(just because you cant hit a survivor, doesnt mean they have the upperhand), having a narrow corner with a wall that makes it very hard for Blight to hit you without bouncing at least twice, giving you some room to calculate when you'd need to move etc, and then he just ignores 90% of the mechanics that Blight has.

    As for high DPI flicks, yeah, those are an issue since you would hit things that would normally be physically impossible.

    I personally set 2 rules to consider a tech to be "fair":

    1. if it down right ignores counterplay mechanics, it's not fair to the opponent
    2. if it cannot be repeated on a console, it's not fair to the opponent.

    So if Blight is intended to have a 120 degree range of hitting post-rush, and he can hit you outside that angle, how are you ever going to calculate that?

    If Blight is intended to have 2 bounces to turn tight corners, and a blight simply rushes around it as if they were Spirit, how are you ever going to calculate that?

    There is a thing between a killer being strong, and a killer not really having counterplay in scenario's.

    Essentially, learning those techs as a survivor doesnt really matter, because there isnt really a way you as a survivor can get a reward out of it, as it cannot really be countered.

    Thats like having a hook tech, where a survivor uses a flashlight click at a very specific angle under high DPI to rescue a survivor in the basement and teleport to the floor above. "It would be hard to learn, fun, rewarding and STRONG.", but it is very easy to see why killers would have an issue with that tech.

    You can actually counter hug tech if u know it's coming. I did it many times.

  • I don't think they should be removed. They're accessible to all platforms now that the J-Flick was removed and Blight was improved on controller. They're fun while still having counterplay and add a whole new level to playing as and against him. They're also a part of what makes him so good.

    I'd much rather go against a tech using Blight than the average braindead Ruindying Tinkerer user you see most of the time. That's way more fun.

  • I think if it's not intended to work that way then it should be removed. It's not possible to do by normal means; you're taking advantage of the game when you shouldn't be able to imo

  • @Wedeguy said:

    I see that some people want to have all of Blight's techs to be removed from the game since they were not an intended feature by the devs.

    I'm talking about stuff like : Hug tech, Scoot Slide, Moon Rush, High DPI flicks and S/Z flicks. basically all of the fun and technical hard to learn stuff of blight.

    What is your opinion of that guys?

    From one side, yeah they were not intended and give advantage to the killer.

    From the other side, it makes the killer much more hard to learn, fun, rewarding and STRONG.

    Do we actually need to nerf more killers in a survivor sided game so just all high MMR games will be against "No game design works against me" Nurses?

    Don't forget that all of his techs are counterable if you can realize you're against a good blight and you're expecting him to do them.

    From what I gathered BHVR's thing pretty much is "to nerf more killers in a survivor sided game" so I won't be surprised when they do get nerfed

    Kind of like how Oni was really strong for a little bit there... Then.. do most people even remember he's in the game anymore?

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Blight has techs? All I ever experience when I play him is sliding off every single object like it's butter in a chase. I can only use his power to traverse the map, otherwise I'm just throwing.

    I still play him, because he's the best killer on console for traversing the map quickly, but using his power in a chase is often a losing gamble. So, my opinion on what Blight needs is consistent, working collision. Unfortunately, every time the devs touch him, his collision has gotten worse.

    Ironically it was actually making his collision worse the first time around that allowed him to hug tech like he does now

1 2 ›