How long must we wait for Twins to be fixed?

I am shocked that Twins are always complained about and ranked so highly. I don't understand how they could ever deal real damage to decent survivors, or beat them even. Maybe it's a PC advantage thing. To me, they feel awful to play.

The thing I'm most concerned about is Victor's pounce. Why is it so inconsistent? You have to be so close to a survivor to hit them, lest they dodge at the last second. Yes, even Victor's speed doesn't do it sometimes. But when you do get close to the survivor, that's when the issue starts. The issue, which has been around since the Twins got nerfed a while back, is that Victor keeps getting caught on the obstacle or stairs the survivors are next to, rather than hitting them, and then he gets kicked. This happens so often, I can't keep count. Why does Victor magnetize to the environment so much? The hits should be point-blank and guaranteed, yet they aren't because it hits the environment. The same thing happens at windows and pallets, instead of you hitting over them. Sometimes Victor will slide off the environment and fly far away rather than hit the survivor, or he'll whiff when he's literally right on top of them.

If I can't even rely on the one killer power this killer has, why am I playing them? Why is this taking so long to get fixed? Has it even been acknowledged?

Comments

  • I think most people finally are on board and realize they aren't that strong anymore.

    The 2 year stun nerf really hurt them and are solo que survivor smashers at best.

  • Watch "Strong killer" on Streamable.

    😎 Should've played better

  • The same amount of time it will take Legion to be good.

    So never.

  • @Freddy96 said:

    https://streamable.com/sncvj6

    😎 Should've played better

    'The hell are those graphics? 😨🤮

    How tryhard do you have to be to play it this ugly and bright?

  • The same amount of time for Billy to get his bugs fixed and his add-ons to make sense.

    So never.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596944#Comment_2596944

    'The hell are those graphics? 😨🤮

    How tryhard do you have to be to play it this ugly and bright?

    I'm so tryhard that i let them all escape

  • Ahh same as me.

    But aleast i don fiddle with the graphics so the game keeps a touch of atmosphere.

    That clip looks like a game from the 90s. Just the locker textures alone look like an asset out of Counterstrike 1.6 or half life 1.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596989#Comment_2596989

    Ahh same as me.

    But aleast i don fiddle with the graphics so the game keeps a touch of atmosphere.

    That clip looks like a game from the 90s. Just the locker textures alone look like an asset out of Counterstrike 1.6 or half life 1.

    Is this a flexing competition or a forum?

  • Were did i flex?

    I prefer to not downgrade my visuals to a state 20 years prior and also don't play with the intent to kill any survivor for the last 2 years (way more enjoyable that way and even gets lower MMR now, win-win).

    Didn't say anything otherwise. Except your "I'm so tryhard that i let them all escape" was meant sarcastic and you really are using these graphics as an advantage.

    If yes, well i really don't try so there isn't any competition to have.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596995#Comment_2596995

    Were did i flex?

    I prefer to not downgrade my visuals to a state 20 years prior and also don't play with the intent to kill any survivor for the last 2 years (way more enjoyable that way and even gets lower MMR now, win-win).

    Didn't say anything otherwise. Except your "I'm so tryhard that i let them all escape" was meant sarcastic and you really are using these graphics as an advantage.

    If yes, well i really don't try so there isn't any competition to have.

    That's literally low settings from game settings and gamma +10 from nvidia filters which is achievable by everyone and even those streamers that enjoy to complain about filters while playing from their 3k £ monitors that give that for free while a poor peasant like me has no monitor settings since i'm playing from a 80£ tv.

    But yeah i guess i'm a tryhard

  • the twins are pretty good but survivors call you ""toxic"" if you play them in a way that makes them good

  • @Freddy96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597002#Comment_2597002

    That's literally low settings from game settings and gamma +10 from nvidia filters which is achievable by everyone and even those streamers that enjoy to complain about filters while playing from their 3k £ monitors that give that for free while a poor peasant like me has no monitor settings since i'm playing from a 80£ tv.

    But yeah i guess i'm a tryhard

    Well sorry if I hurt your feeling but yeah in my book doing anything extra to gain an advantage is trying harder than necessary.

    A good example is months collaboration stream video from a donation stream were he found 5 pink keys in one trial. There you can see the differences between 4 streamers and their settings. I don't remember the names but 2 play with normal settings and one or two with obvious brightness filter and different resolutions. So i would call those also tryharding.

    I simply don't get the need to of an advantage at the cost of playing something visually appalling. The only time I did was one my old laptop battlefield 3 at 800x600 since the PC couldn't handle more (it was atrocious but i played with my best friend and had fun) and in rainbow six siege when I noticed that my last system also couldn't handle 60fps at max settings.

    But these are all subjective opinions and if you have fun with these visuals, go for it, i will take my leave to not further derail this thread.

  • They'll never fix them. Almost noone plays them so they don't think it's worthwhile to fix them. BTW, Twins aren't as good as they were anymore thanks to the 5 second stun and the new Boons but they're still around high B tier due to their amazing snowball potential

  • Im still waiting for bhvr to fix nurses bugs. Been going on for 2 years now.

  • @M1MASTER said:

    The same amount of time for Billy to get his bugs fixed and his add-ons to make sense.

    So never.

    Billy’s camera bug was fixed he no longer bounces up and down when moving

  • @Pulsar said:

    The same amount of time it will take Legion to be good.

    So never.

    Legion changes were announced but we don’t know when it’s coming but at least they said he’s next

  • The reason the twins are ranked so high is that they are very good at slugging and camping.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596988#Comment_2596988

    Billy’s camera bug was fixed he no longer bounces up and down when moving

    I dunno, it looks the exact same to me.

    What i'm talking about is wanting the old animations back and hit detection of the chainsaw more consistent like it was before the nerf.

  • @M1MASTER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597238#Comment_2597238

    I dunno, it looks the exact same to me.

    What i'm talking about is wanting the old animations back and hit detection of the chainsaw more consistent like it was before the nerf.

    Oh ok. I remember people complaining that Billy’s camera was bugged and it would bounce up and down to simulate limping but it annoyed players so they changed it

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    The reason the twins are ranked so high is that they are very good at slugging and camping.

    But you can't even do that if Victor's pounce refuses to connect with the survivors.