Was there any good killer perk buffs?

I know a few survivor perks got some nice buffs like windows, vigil etc. I wont list them all but there was a good amount of improvements

Was just curious if any killer ones have been made good/ worth running? I honestly cant remember any if there was or if they was changed since PTB

Comments

  • No. This patch was almost exclusively survivor buffs.

  • No they made the already to strong survivors even stronger

  • Hex: Blood Favor is pretty good right now actually, even after they changed it to activate only when a survivor is injured by either a strike or the killers power... or at least that's what I would be saying if every little turd and their Dwight wasn't suddenly interested finding "bones".

    Sigh, they do something good with a few hexes, only to take away the reason to use them in the first place... this game....

  • The killer buffs are more about the basekit mechanics (Trapper and Plague) and the addon passes than perks, but Blood Favor is halfway usable now that it's been buffed so at least there's something there.

  • I actually really like the perk buffs for killer, though maybe that's because I often like run off-meta builds and these are the kinds of things I liked using.

    Thrill + Retribution are amazing on full-hex builds, providing constant streams of time wasting, information, and sources of oblivious. Third seal has also been great for slugging builds. I've been using all three together on Legion since the release, and it's been really fun.

    Mindbreaker is something I've always loved on Stealth killers, so while I haven't tried it yet, I'm hoping the blindness feels nice as well. As a Dwight player who runs Bond/Open-handed every game as a survivor, I just know this will be annoying for me anyway.

    Blood favor is actually the one I've been enjoying the least surprisingly. I've only played back-to-back games of legion this patch so far, and every time I hit someone they just use their speed boost to run to a tile that isn't being blocked off. Despite thinking I'd love this perks buff originally, this might actually be the least impactful for me so far. But I've only played about 5 games so far this patch, so who knows.

  • This wasn’t a patch skewed in my opinion. Trapper and Plague received great buffs. Blood Favor now actually has potential. And three man key escapes are gone. And Trapper and Ghostface are no longer add-on dependent

  • @TWiXT said:

    Hex: Blood Favor is pretty good right now actually, even after they changed it to activate only when a survivor is injured by either a strike or the killers power... or at least that's what I would be saying if every little turd and their Dwight wasn't suddenly interested finding "bones".

    Sigh, they do something good with a few hexes, only to take away the reason to use them in the first place... this game....

    @WishIcouldmain said:

    This wasn’t a patch skewed in my opinion. Trapper and Plague received great buffs. Blood Favor now actually has potential. And three man key escapes are gone. And Trapper and Ghostface are no longer add-on dependent

    Isnt blood favour the one that blocks pallets? Because I dont see the point in it tbh, people get a sprint burst and can outrun the small distance it covers plus it's a hex.. my hex RNG is rubbish to begin with lol, always next to a gen in the open

    Sad no killer perks got buffed to be worthy, I guess it's nice trapper is abit better

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573284#Comment_2573284

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573300#Comment_2573300

    Isnt blood favour the one that blocks pallets? Because I dont see the point in it tbh, people get a sprint burst and can outrun the small distance it covers plus it's a hex.. my hex RNG is rubbish to begin with lol, always next to a gen in the open

    Sad no killer perks got buffed to be worthy, I guess it's nice trapper is abit better

    The range has been increased so it's quite good now.

    Multifloor maps and killer powers with very quick recovery like huntress and trickster can make really good use out of it.

  • Blood Favor is okay, but using hexes now that Boons are a thing is even more riskier.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575856#Comment_2575856

    The range has been increased so it's quite good now.

    Multifloor maps and killer powers with very quick recovery like huntress and trickster can make really good use out of it.

    I dunno, those are already anti-loop so I'm not sure if its needed. Maybe I'll throw it on plague as she avoids the sprintburt on injure with base puke? Unless that dont trigger it? Meh probably wont use it, dont seem worth a hex still to me.

    @Labrac said:

    Blood Favor is okay, but using hexes now that Boons are a thing is even more riskier.

    My hex RNG was awful anyway, always next to a gen in the open lol

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573284#Comment_2573284

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573300#Comment_2573300

    Isnt blood favour the one that blocks pallets? Because I dont see the point in it tbh, people get a sprint burst and can outrun the small distance it covers plus it's a hex.. my hex RNG is rubbish to begin with lol, always next to a gen in the open

    Sad no killer perks got buffed to be worthy, I guess it's nice trapper is abit better

    Blood Favor got buffed to have a 32 meter range now instead of its old/useless 16m, and on top of that they took away the basic attack requirement and the cooldown. This doesn't mean much for most killers, but on ranged ones its a godsend! Now, if only everyone wasn't focused on doing bones...

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    I know a few survivor perks got some nice buffs like windows, vigil etc. I wont list them all but there was a good amount of improvements

    Was just curious if any killer ones have been made good/ worth running? I honestly cant remember any if there was or if they was changed since PTB

    Use Hex:Blood Favor with Undying and other regressing. Works for me on some killers

  • Well they changed some hex perks for killer but they still remain hexes and those weren't worth running before and won't be now.

    It always felt like 3/4 of the 5 totems spawned in the open/next to objectives/ survivor spawns or in obvious spots in characteristic structure like shack.

    So no real point for celebration here.

  • J O L T is pretty sick now, now applies blindness on top of exhaust so those filthy spine chill users can't get value off of it.

  • @Iliketoplaykiller said:

    J O L T is pretty sick now, now applies blindness on top of exhaust so those filthy spine chill users can't get value off of it.

    ...... blindness doesn't affect spine chill. And the effect is only for five seconds. It's worthless.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2576067#Comment_2576067

    ...... blindness doesn't affect spine chill. And the effect is only for five seconds. It's worthless.

    it does affect it, spinechill is an aura reading perk. Edit: i guess i was misreading it last night, thought spinechill was aura reading related.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    No. This patch was almost exclusively survivor buffs.

    Trapper got buffed, plague got buffed, and Myers had some addons buffed. I would hardly call that almost exclusive to survivors especially when considering that we got a few killer perks buffed as well.

  • @Iliketoplaykiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2576198#Comment_2576198

    it does affect it, spinechill is an aura reading perk. Edit: i guess i was misreading it last night, thought spinechill was aura reading related.

    Yeah, it doesn't affect spine chill or small game. It's probably the weakest status effect and five seconds is just nothing.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573139#Comment_2573139

    Trapper got buffed, plague got buffed, and Myers had some addons buffed. I would hardly call that almost exclusive to survivors especially when considering that we got a few killer perks buffed as well.

    The killer perk buffs were largely inconsequential. Were the marginal buffs they gave those other killers worth butchering Slinger? I'd say not. Net loss in killer power this patch when you include the massive buffs survivors got.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    I know a few survivor perks got some nice buffs like windows, vigil etc. I wont list them all but there was a good amount of improvements

    Was just curious if any killer ones have been made good/ worth running? I honestly cant remember any if there was or if they was changed since PTB

    You must be out of your mind vigil is useless any real threat to killers are boons borrowed time decisive...ruin thanotopia deadman switch, legions add ons, starstruck, no way out, lightborn, the wraiths add ons should get debuffed, greatly like survivors perks

  • @Bri213 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/288114/was-there-any-good-killer-perk-buffs

    You must be out of your mind vigil is useless any real threat to killers are boons borrowed time decisive...ruin thanotopia deadman switch, legions add ons, starstruck, no way out, lightborn, the wraiths add ons should get debuffed, greatly like survivors perks

    You're commenting on an old post, and the vigil change still isnt a bad change. The perks not OP but it is still good and useful...

    Plus you lost all merit on your opinion when you say stuff like light born is strong lol, come back in a few years when you have learnt more of the game.