High MMR is full with Genspeed repair hackers. Tinkerer is the best Perk to detect them

Hello,

For those of you wondering why sometimes generators are flying like crazy.

Today, I just had 2 games as a result of genspeed repair hackers. Tinkerer is not procced (The hackers turn the gens on immediately) and will not work when such hacks are used. ( I found this out myself ) Of course I recorded the whole thing with Nvidia Shadowplay and reported the cheaters ingame and via ticket . This is in my opinion the best perk to find such players and the best thing to do. I often had such games where generators really flew and then worked on my perk combinations myself to find out what the reason could be. The result did not surprise me and was obvious. The best way to use Tinkerer is in combination with Discordance. Furthermore, I am firmly convinced that there are still many black sheeps in DBD who use such hacks like this.

How do you see it ? Have you also had to make such experiences ? and what do you do against it ?

greeting

Comments

  • Yes, which is why it's impossible to know if you're really being outplayed or if you're just getting hackers that you can't detect.

    I had a match during the last SBMM test, where it went mostly normal. Gens fast, etc. I killed one survivor, slugged another and was chasing another, there was only one survivor left to work on the final gen which was at about 50%. The moment just before downing the survivor I was chasing, Tinkerer activated and the gen activated immediately.

    That survivor on the gen was hacking, and if I hadn't been using Tinkerer I would have been none the wiser.

    As long as BHVR doesn't figure out how to control cheating in the game, you will never be sure if you got destroyed or if your opponent cheated.

  • Hacking is such a problematic thing though in this game and varied it honestly doesn't matter since BHVR would rather make cosmetics and churning out half-baked chapters than pour all their resources into the health into the game.

    There are players in this game who will hack their BP, shards, add-ons and items, perks, speed hacks, wall hacks, esp, etc. I'm fairly certain a larger % of the community does hack than we realize, but it's subtle and doesn't affect game play like the more obvious ones like flying hatchet ghostface. Good on you for catching it with Tinkerer's. I never run the perk so I always assume it's just gen rushing unless it's caught at a very suspicious time.

  • @Desh said:

    Hacking is such a problematic thing though in this game and varied it honestly doesn't matter since BHVR would rather make cosmetics and churning out half-baked chapters than pour all their resources into the health into the game.

    There are players in this game who will hack their BP, shards, add-ons and items, perks, speed hacks, wall hacks, esp, etc. I'm fairly certain a larger % of the community does hack than we realize, but it's subtle and doesn't affect game play like the more obvious ones like flying hatchet ghostface. Good on you for catching it with Tinkerer's. I never run the perk so I always assume it's just gen rushing unless it's caught at a very suspicious time.

    Tinkerer was not the only one who helped me. The Nea and the Ace in the respective matches also ran like Usain Bolt.

  • Is that why randomly during some of my matches half the gens pop really fast with no notifications, or is that just DbD being buggy like usual?

  • I've run into it a few times. It's one of those things that's hard to prove. But from experience, your internal clock will tell you how fast gens can go with their perks and items. A PC duo that did 3 gens by themselves from zero progress in under 2 minutes on Suffo Pit comes to mind. One was being chased during that time too. My spidey sense was tingling

  • @LordSturm said:

    Is that why randomly during some of my matches half the gens pop really fast with no notifications, or is that just DbD being buggy like usual?

    buggy? No ,Tinkerer works properly

  • Hackers are a problem, thats true.


    But you cant forget that repair boxes and new parts still exists. A tactic is, to use them on the late gens or the last one's. Just sayin.


    But on the other hand, actual we have a really big hacker problem.

  • @drakolyr said:

    Hackers are a problem, thats true.

    But you cant forget that repair boxes and new parts still exists. A tactic is, to use them on the late gens or the last one's. Just sayin.

    But on the other hand, actual we have a really big hacker problem.

    Oh and not to forget, another gen can trigger it, while the other one gets completed. No?

  • @drakolyr said:

    Hackers are a problem, thats true.

    But you cant forget that repair boxes and new parts still exists. A tactic is, to use them on the late gens or the last one's. Just sayin.

    But on the other hand, actual we have a really big hacker problem.

    I can reassure you. There were no repair boxes and BNP's at the start.

  • Just putting this out there, the person who 'finishes the gen instantly' isn't always the hacker.

    The hacker can put all gens at 99 at the very beginning of the match, everyone else looks guilty by design.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    Just putting this out there, the person who 'finishes the gen instantly' isn't always the hacker.

    The hacker can put all gens at 99 at the very beginning of the match, everyone else looks guilty by design.

    im sorry but, No, it's not quite that simple. I am not stupid and have already considered all this

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571762#Comment_2571762

    im sorry but, No, it's not quite that simple. I am not stupid and have already considered all this

    It quite literally is that simple.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36FS0gB5B6U


  • I don't think you read any part of my comment except for "buggy".

    I'm saying there is no "generator is done" notification like there should be.

  • i told you im not stupid.....and i know what you mean with that vid. But this is not what i mean

  • @LordSturm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568665#Comment_2568665

    I don't think you read any part of my comment except for "buggy".

    I'm saying there is no "generator is done" notification like there should be.

    The 4th gen to get repaired has been silent in my games for a couple weeks now...Give or take.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2572268#Comment_2572268

    The 4th gen to get repaired has been silent in my games for a couple weeks now...Give or take.

    i had that on ormond that i can recall

  • Hmmm I get Ormond way to much so I will pay more attention to if it was just that map. I don't think so though. It's always the 4th gen completed and if I happen to be looking in that direction I can see it light up but no notifications.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2572874#Comment_2572874

    Hmmm I get Ormond way to much so I will pay more attention to if it was just that map. I don't think so though. It's always the 4th gen completed and if I happen to be looking in that direction I can see it light up but no notifications.

    i turned and noticed it lit up and never heard it. I try to pay less attention these days for my sanity from other causes primarily