Stressed about HighMMR? It makes no sense without an active Rankmode
hi,
Many people here, especially streamers I see lately, write things like "High MMR games" ( is nerdy or stressful ). Now let's be honest, why ? What do they want to tell us with that ? "Hi, I'm the best in the world?" or "I'm a top player and a lot of what I say works?". You just say you are, High MMR..... they don't even know their own hidden SBMM number, lol. Besides there is a softcap that is controlled by the Devs. So there's no point in being on "for example, 3000 because then you'll be pushed down to 1900 anyway" Anyway, I had already tried to explain in another post that people shouldn't stress about the SBMM. Sure: Either you go full on kills/escapes and try to push your MMR or you play relaxed and try to increase your grade with blood points and try to improve your general performance. (Rating comes by itself, because eventually everyone is where he should be). Anyway, the thing is that we don't have a competitive ranking mode and I don't think we will ever get to see our hidden number. Because then it might get toxic. "Hey my number is higher than yours, I'm not playing with you" or, "hey I'm the best and under 2000 you don't need to come at me" you know what I mean right??? (Toxic City) That's why I think it's quite good that we can't see our hidden number. How much do you think that ?, why do you think many players stress themselves ? and especially... what brings a high MMR in the momend without ranking mode ? nothing or ?? What I want to say with this post?? Stress yourself if you want, or just relax and enjoy the game.
greetings
Comments
Woah. Technically with the introduction of mmr ranked is the ONLY mode available in game. The better i play, the sweatier the competition. Scaling upwards forever as the cap moves up. I get it, but its a bummer at the same time.
I understand what you mean but I don't know what you are trying to tell me. There is no official ranking list.
Sorry, your original post was a little hard to digest. I was just trying to get across that the game is only ranked, even with invisible rating and no leader board.
Oh, yes, now I know what you mean. How do you do it for you at the moment? Do you go all in or do you play relaxed?
I do not think these people realize that mmr was created more or less to segregate competitive players from casual players. And it is clearly working given all the complaints. It was basically designed specifically so newer and average players didn't have to deal with them anymore. No kap.
It really depends on how talented the survivors im playing against are. I tend to have a more relaxed approach, but my games have been getting tougher and tougher.
I decided not to change the way I play. I'll still do my best to have fun while improving my skills.
I don't mind if my MMR is the highest or the lowest.
It's always fun reading posts around here "I'm high MMR and my games are like this" and if you disagree it just means you aren't high MMR. Get over yourself already lol, you can't even see your own MMR. Chill.
While i agree with you the general imbalances in the game do get much more noticeable against tough as nails competition.
3 kills out of my last 12. How many more red rankers am i going to get ffs. I was rank 12 before the rework. Now im getting constant smashings by red rank survivors. I don't want it easy, but I dont want to be barely getting any kills per match against the swf and the like.
No offense but, even you should learn that ranks no longer exist....at the latest after Q/A most should have understood that. So ranks are dead ! One speaks now of grades or a grade. Furthermore, the MMR has nothing to do with a grade. If you are for example silver grade and play against Iridescend grade is totally fine.
How is the different than not being ranked? League of Legends has a ranked mode that uses a SBMMR. It also has a non-ranked mode that also uses a SBMMR. The only difference is you don't know your SBMMR ranking. So based on LOL, DBD is actually unranked because it doesn't show a ranking.
Exacly, I also see it that way
That is wonderfully formulated and everything else brings nothing at the momend
Show me my MMR number please, thx
I mean...I couldn't care less if I found out that my rating was reset to 0 today. I couldn't give a rat's fart about my rank or whether or not the game gives me a gold star cuz it thinks i have skillz. In fact it could be fun for a change to have a chance to spook survivors, go on several chases, not tunnel anyone, not be ruthless and bring 67 gen slowdown perks just to try and get a game that lasts more than 3 minutes.
Thing is, I go into a match trying to 3k or 4k. If I 2k it means I got a tie. If I 1k or 0k it means I lost. It's a Team vs Team game (team killer 1 person, team survivor 4 people). Which means that when I hop into a match I try to win to the best of my ability, and I preferably don't want that match to end in 3 minutes whether I win or I lose.
The problem is that this game is imbalanced as all hell, we all have known this forever. It's always been this way and people complaining about it are not saying anything new. Before SBMM, people who were decent at killer only went against survivors who really knew how to abuse how much bullshit this game has occasionally. With SBMM, if you're decent, you're gonna go against survivors who rarely actually outplay you, but use all of the game's poorly designed bullshit to their advantage, every . single . game. Or at least 50% of your games. Whether you win or lose, it's a draining experience. And I'm sure for survivors, it's killers tunneling and camping to try and scrape a 2k more frequently than ever.
That's not even talking about the increased amount of hackers at high MMR and the 10 minute queues for killer, where you literally spend more time staring at the lobby than playing the game.
It's not that people care too much or get stressed about being the very best, like no one ever was (although, those people do exist), it's that this SBMM has made the quality of the games horrendous for anyone at a decent level and mildly cares about trying to win. Unless you're one of those people who goes into a match not really wanting to even try to win, where you get one chase, and you get your fill of fun.
To be honest, I completely misjudged SBMM at the very beginning. I thought the way you perform would play a role. How many gens you made, how long you were in a chase, whether you stunned the killer with a pallet and so on. But I don't think it would have been worth it to develop such a complex system, because then everyone would just farm to get a high MMR. I think the devs have chosen the right way here. But what bothers me the most is that we always have problems with recurring bugs after a major update. That means: You know there is an update coming and then countless bugs creep in again and that is quite annoying. I wish the devs would release only 3 chapters a year, but bring more bugfixes and midchapter patches like the last one. It is always frustrating to wait weeks until something is fixed. But I don't want to deviate too much now. If you ask me, the way the devs have taken, was already ok with the SBMM. Better that way than too complex. Because a friend of farm rounds I am not.