Toxic Surviors in a party together talking via third party and bullying killers.
So what I have been noticing recently alot when playing the killer is teams who have usually 3 or 4 surviors who are friends and are talking over a mic with a third party app. Because of this killers are suffering badly with getting bullied by these people, and they have an massive advantage over killers, the problem is talking over a mic with 2,3,4 people you can easily dominate the killer, communication gives you a huge advantage and I can notice the teams which do it, everytime you down somebody, a survior is already there to blind you so you drop them, when you do finally pick a survior up 2 off the other players are body blocking you to the max so you can't physically move and you drop them, when you are chasing somebody you can easily talk to the person you're on mic with and say "do this certain generator" or if you are hooked " He's moved away to this area come get me". How is that any bit fair for the killer? And these surviors are so beyond toxic is truly ruins the game for killers, by an absolute landslide surviors are way more bullying and toxic then killers, and I've noticed this because I've played as both and seen it from both sides. My point is the devs should make it so Killers can see which surviors are together, then you can choose whether to leave the lobby so you don't get bullied, or stay and play a toxic team who wants to give you hell and not play the game correctly. I've had the worst type of teams you could think off and it's clear they are together, and too make sure I even went on they're profiles and looked at which communities they are in and 3 of the players were in the exact one, and they made my game an absolute nightmare with continuous body blocking non stop everytime I got somebody, flashing constantly with people blocking me, butt dancing everytime they did something annoying to keep making it worse for me, and even when they did every generator they stayed for 10 minutes butt dancing and bullying me, and I wanted to leave the match so long before but I didn't want to rage quit and lose points, anyways it's an issue which needs to be fixed or I feel like less people will want to be killers if they are getting bullied. Thank you for reading (:
Comments
Git gud vs people breaking the game.
It's fun for the survivors, so you gotta deal with it.
Hey, pros at this game can totally win, so it's balanced! You just have to be a pro gamer at this!
Even mods advocating making the game harder for killers by buffing solos to SWF level, apparently not understanding the advantages SWFs have.
Oh, theeeeennnn killers will get buffed. After who knows how long of having to deal with the huge imbalance.
Not only won't they remove Swf (I'm not advocating for it) but they sure won't mark them, or filter them because they know people will start actively dodging them into extinction because no one wants to have to fight that hard against people breaking the game.
The game isn't balanced vs sweaty SWFs. It's only up to the killer to make up for their advantages.
whoa whoa whoa.....whoa calm down there now ok? ok you good? reviit your thread and really take a look at your points
Because I've never once played against an SWF team that's made me think "Better go to the forums and cry about how op they are" because I've never found them to be an issue when playing against them.
Deal with it
SWF kinda doesnt mean a damn thing when you're an omegablink ebony mori Nurse or an Iridescent Head Huntress, instasaw Billy, Tombstone Piece Myers, etc. Killers have equally overpowered tools at their disposal.
It's not just one team, it's how common they are, and how night and day they are to 4 solos, or even a 2 man, and how often they abuse their advantages.
It's the slog of dealing with these people and it not being worth my time to get barely anything done before they're ready to go.
Why is it ok for survivors to break the game, and entirely on the killer to deal with it?
If survivors started teaming with killers you'd be mad at the advantage given to the killer.
Swf is way easier to get access to.
4 Man SWF isn't that common, stop pretending it is.
If you don't have these killer addons then you're not playing much anyway, thus implying you're probably not very good and the issue lies within your skill and not the "OP SURVIVORS".
If you were investing time into these killers you'd have the addons you want to use when you need to use them.
3, and 4 man sets are that common.
Again, you gloss over the massive gap. A 3 or 4 swf against someone who doesn't have the time to get the arsenal to fight them.
And again, the refusal to admit that SWFs can pretty easily break the game with coordination and communication. Nope, it's all on the killer to overcome that.
P.s. I never called survivors OP. It's SWFs, and how common, and broken they get I have issues with.
Instead of maybe some fun, interesting seeming builds.
I have not advocated the removal of SWF from the game, nor have I advocated for survivor nerfs.
I just feel like 4 solos are much more of a fair shake vs an SWF, and having to swim up stream to deal with the almost constant SWFs isn't right, nor fun.
And there are alternatives. I.e. more efficient lobby dodging.
They aren't broken if you actually practice and want to perfect a killer.
Again, if you're killing 2/3/4 of them, well done.
If you're killing 2/3 of them and coming here complaining then you're in the wrong
If you're killing 0 of them, EVERY game you're just not that good.
You can LITERALLY kill them, you can tunnel them, and no survivor can stop that, unless they want to be on the hook too.
omg, PARAGRAPHS!!
Wow... This is one of the worst posts I've seen so far.
So... Is everyone supposed to be a pro?...Is that what you are saying?....So if you can't beat the SWF then you aren't a pro... So... Is everyone supposed to be a pro?... Seems like you think all killers are supposed to be a pro and everyone shouldn't have an issue with SWF.....
So.. you don't think it makes sense to bring solo players up to SWF levels... Then balance around Killers VS SWF?...
You'd rather have it balanced around solo players... So SOMEHOW.. bring SWF down to solo players... Then balance Killers VS solo?... Where have you been in the past 2 years... Did you think that way worked?
Wow... I have never seen such a crappy post.
You do know the Devs can't do anything about players using VOIP right?... So how in the world are they supposed to bring SWF players down to solo players?... But you'd rather then remove SWF so the game dies. I see.
It totally makes sense that people will want to play with friends.
I even said as much in the post you are quoting.
I've played games without such options, and it sucked.
I understand how important SWF is. Someone made good points on it, and I get it.
I do not advocate for nerfs, or bringing people down. Survivors on the whole are fine, more or less. There may be room for adjustments, but I'll let others worry about that.
It's the communication and organization that ticks me off. Aka SWF getting sweaty and breaking the game to beat me, which they can't seem to help doing.
This notion of going pro, git gud, and so forth is the only option that seems acceptable to provide to me.
I'm not the one saying it, they are.
Hey, balance killer vs SWF! Let's do that. Wait, they want to make solo players better first, and just even out the gap, then maybe help out the killer. If it's even possible to make them that dangerous.
I have 3 options in how I'd like SWF to be dealt with:
1: mark SWF participants clearly.
2: filter SWFs out of lobbies for killers and survivors as an option.
3: increase blood points for killers vs SWFs proportionally to how any SWF participants are in the match.
One, two, and/or all 3. Pick one.
No nerfs.
No buffs in particular.
No removal of SWF. if you think this will make SWF games extinct, maybe consider why?
Regarding toxicity I opened a thread to collect everyone's contributions and reach a shared solution: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/28414/lets-speak-clearly-of-toxicity-from-definitions-to-remedies
About SWF, it's impossible to prevent people from chatting and speaking with other players, in my opinion.
Not if the killer does poorly.
And certainly not for what is expected of a killer to play an SWF vs 2, 3, or 4 solos.
Here we go again.
Nothing is going to change, because if it does, the survivors will throw a tantrum and review bomb the game again. Petty as all hell, but it is what it is.
Focus more on getting better at the game instead of complaining on the forums. Unless complaining about the same situation that everyone else has complained about for the millionth time will somehow help you get better... Do tell how that goes.
That's basically the strategy they use. A decoy or two to buy time, and by the time you hook them, the trial is about done.
That's no fun.
I don't want to fight over getting 1k every damn time. I don't have NOED rank 3, and the updates were just done so now it kinda matters less. Even if I did run it, the SWFs are probably smart enough to kill it quick.
It gives crap for BP, and the SWF are pricks when they're at the exit gate about it.
It's like I'm fighting depipped veterans.
The game simply has been built for solo, they have been saying this for 2 years and if you look at the game, you should realize that it is indeed the case.
I got my Freddy OP on standby in case I need it. Dying Light, PWYF, Ruin, HHG, Class Photo, Zblock, green or pink mori. When you find the first person sleep them and go around until you find the obsession. Once you do tunnel them to a hook. PWYF is there to make looping impossible and HHG protects Ruin and gives you a one shot you can use during the chase with the obsession. You should be able to get the hook on them within 60 seconds consistently, depends how good they are and how much others protect them if they can (you are Freddy so no body blocks). Once obsession is dead, if they have anything more than 3 gens left (which is usually the best I've seen teams do) then it's game over. You keep them all slept with Class Photo and attack at your leisure. You have infinite time and it's impossible to hide from you.
It's an incredibly evil build, but it is crazy powerful, even though it's Freddy.
Yea dude, only SWF players do gens when someone is being chased facepalm
Stop blaming SWF for the reason you’re not very good at this game.
I’d bet the majority of matches you play have maybe a one 2Man group but you’d still blame them on losing 😂
At least I don't need SWF to do decently.
SWF is easy mode.
How much of a handicap do survivors need against me? Apparently enough that they're afraid to go solo.
There probably are some people that play SWF only, and that’s because it’s fun.
There are probably some people that only play solos because thats what they enjoy.
Theres probably some people that play both styles because they enjoy playing with friends and enjoy playing solo.
but let’s not pretend the people that play both suddenly become bad at having a killer chase them because they’re on solo.
that same person running you in an swf is going to run you just the same in solo. But yea, it’s an SWF only thing, sure.
game is easy as killer whether you’re playing against solo or swf, they all play the same you just need an excuse for playing poorly.
Now THAT is a deluded statement. If you don't see the advantages SWFs have that make them play differently, I don't know what world you're living in.
We may as well just stop talking to each other if you actually think people in a party play the same as people flying solo.
you stated earlier in this post that you feel like you’re playing against deranked veterans.
lets assume by veterans you mean rank ones, and if they’re depipped that means not rank one, so you don’t even play at rank one (I do btw). So a non rank one wants to talk about how hard swf is when they aren’t even playing at the “higher end” of DBD.
LOL.
Edit - just reread some comments, you can't even get past rank 15 by your own admission, case closed really.
1 and 3 together would be awesome. I rather not choose an Opt-Out option unless it was the last resort.
No amount of help will make up for his lack of ability to play as killer.
He's rank 15, I'm sorry but if you can't get out of that rank SWF isn't the issue - as a killer you can dodge the mere sniff of people being SWF, you can dodge 1000 lobbies in a row until you have survivors that load in 5 minutes apart to guarantee a solo team.
There is no excuse for "being stuck" in rank 15.
This ^ if you can't get out of rank 15 then you have nothing to blame but your own lack of skill and if Rebel thinks it's bad now wait till after rank reset.
and these are the people we have on this forum that think they're balance experts.
feelssadman
I never said I "can't" rank up past 15.
This is getting towards bullying.
Senzu saying I "can't" is purely imagined.
I suggest dropping that notion.
You act as if people aren't allowed to use voicecomms and have fun in a game, just because you can't have fun on your own and s*ck at the game. In my opinion, you should start gettin' better at it. I've came across a SWF team where 3 of them had flashlights. They would constantly use them as i was picking someone up and i couldn't help but laugh at the situation.
I did read back by my own admission
Also, excuses for what? Lol.
"Oh, and I'm drifting between rank 16, and 15. "
Is what you said, not between rank 10 and 15, or 11 and 15 or 12 and 15. You basically imply you can't get past rank 15 with this comment, you may as well have said you can't get passed rank 15.
I didn't make that clear?
Beyond that, I'm lobby dodging SWFs which are really common because I want to have fun, and playing survivor.
I also have work, and there's network errors and the 8014 error that popped up recently eating into my time.
You're looking for excuses to discredit me, and cling to playing SWF and praying there's never wide spread, or easy dodging.
Likely because you fear it will make SWF games extinct, and refuse to say why, either by not realizing why, or living in denial.
As a side note, you're not at all worried depipped, and imbalanced SWF going after rank 15 and below killers might be detrimental?
and the event ended a while ago too, but still in rank 15? ok
Your whole complaint is being stuck in rank 15 but also admit you dodge SWFs so it isn't SWFs keeping you in rank 15?
I do play SWF you're correct, but I also don't use comms because when I play SWF I'm streaming sooooo
SWF is the biggest reason this game even has people playing it, name one game that is multiplayer but you can't play with friends that is successful.
Rank ones are not targeting rank 15s, get your tin foil hat off.As you stated, you dodge SWF but still in rank 15, so it's not them it's once again, proven by your own comments to be an issue with the way you play and nothing else.
Teams of 3/4 SWF isn't as common, it's more likely a 2x 2 SWFS or 2 SWFs with two randoms. Either way they aren't communicating with each other and once again can't blame it on a communication thing.
Couple that with SWF being extremely common meaning less matches to rank as a killer. Doesn't mean I don't test the waters of playing against SWFs, mind you.
Add in a dash of playing more survivor, and tada. Less time playing killer, and there's several good reasons for it.
I do admit I probably could have worded that more coherently.
So you do SWF. Meaning that you coordinate with your teammates.
I never limited my issues to voice comms. Voice comms just means easier real time strategy, and easier spreading of info.
Practicing with them heavily to put plays together is also a thing. Not something randoms get to do. Not something this game was balanced around, either.
That also means that the people you SWF participate in SWF. You sure they aren't using voice comms at all?
No doubt SWF is what helped this game last. I never said to get rid of it.
But why are you worried about making dodging SWF easier?
Killers routinely depip for easier games, and so do survivors from what I read on this forum.
High rank is punishment for some people.
If they depip, it means they are more skilled than their rank let's on, and when it's survivors going against a killer in SWF, guess what? The killer is facing people better than what their rank shows, and are likely to get stomped, bullied, etc.
Oh, you're also exclusively high rank, yeah?
So how do experience anything at my rank to speak with such certainty?
Good god, the excuses.
"I dodge SFW"
"I don't dodge swf all the time so you're wrong nurr nurr"
Rank 15 is what, like 3 pips to get into rank 14? I can't remember because I haven't been that low ranked since I started playing killer.
Lol, if "coordinated" means playing with who ever is in my chat at the time (not a predetermined team) then sure, I "coordinate" lol.
Yea man, I read the minds of the people I'm in SWF with so we're all connected.
and i certainly don't "practice plays" ######### does this even mean, do you think I go into KYF and put strats together? lol
"hey guys, if someone is on the hook, do three tbags at the killer and then get on a gen" lmfao practicing heavily to put plays together BAHAHAHA
Yea, I'm pretty sure, I mean they could if they want, but again, as a rank one killer swf has never been an issue for me because I can actually play the game.
I'm not worried about a thing, but killers dodge lobbies enough as it is, it's stupid af, you're rank 15 you should be getting better at the game not dodging everything that gives this game a challenge.
Killer dodge because
Clothing
Items
Suspected SWF
Too much of the same character (especially Claudette)
and your point? I don't think either should depip, but they do it for "more fun games" not to specifically target a certain rank.
Don't play the game for 12 hours a day then? Rank 1 can be achieved by almost anyone that plays enough matches, you pip more often than you depip, unless you're a certain someone stuck at rank 15.
I also love how it couldn't simply be people are just better than you, they MUST have deranked, lol.
You seem to have problems seeing the forest because you're looking at the trees. Lots of reasons I don't play killer 12 hours a day.
Ok, you admit that you don't experience low rank games, so how can you speak with certainty on the environment there to begin with?
You don't have a regular team, so do you at all filter who you SWF with?
Because matchmaking doesn't always play fair with ranks. A lvl 15 can get paired with a lvl 8 vs a l low level killer to say the least.
Which means that you may end up beating up a low rank killer because you say you never dodge.
Coordination and practice means a lot. Like the difference a professional basket ball team (you stream, and play lots because it's basically a job, and are consistently red rank so you don't have much choice but to be good at the game so you're in the former) vs a team of random people off the street in a basketball tournament.
You don't think most SWFs aren't friends regularly getting together?
You really do seem worried about SWF filters, SWF lobbies, and maybe even the idea of Killers getting bonuses for going against SWF.
I'll admit that by reading the forums, killers do dodge for a lot of reasons, but I don't buy it as a reason to deny people more efficient dodging of SWF.
Or bonuses for going against SWFs.
There's already lots of dodging.
More fun for the depipping people might be bullying, and easier games. Regardless, they are better than their rank let's on because they depip on purpose, so they end up vs people who are more legitimately that rank, and likely have an advantage.
And again, I never said I'm stuck at any rank.
Like you said, if people play enough they can rank up.
I simply don't have the time to devote a large part of my day, or evening to playing killer.
If the others communicate, even if you don't, it kinda blows your argument out of the water. You don't know if they do or not.
I'd rather get stomped by solo players than SWF any day.
And I'd like to know for sure if I do, or not.
So label SWFs. Even if I dodge SWFs, I know they're solo, and at worst connecting for party chat.
You can literally 0k rank up with 2 or 3 games. It's stupid easy and the ranks are....more of guidelines than ranks. You can have a p3 rank 1 claudette play like garbage and a rank 16 no perk freddy 4k. It's about the player, not the supposed rank or swf/solo.
I can count how many times i lost to SWF.
There are a few things you can do to help with toxic SWF groups. Now, these are not popular so get ready for hate mail but if you really, really hate them I have 2 options. These are of course outside of simply playing killer at a higher skill level.
Also, not all SWF groups are toxic. Some are actually just people who want to play the game as it should be with their buddies.
1: Lobby Dodge - if you see 3 or 4 people pop into the lobby at once back out and start again
2: Slug or camp - SWF seems to be much more altruistic than solo players and often you can get 2 or 3 of the others to come to you (WARNING: THIS IS GOING TO GET YOU TONS OF HATE)
*a good SWF will demolish you if you camp