I cant see why people say boon are bad now
This is serious i think the boon pass from op to really strong perk. The people that say boon are now useless only think about themself in that but not in regard of the entire team. For just 14 sec on a dull totem you unlock old self care for the entire team so of you did not play during that time but self care was one of the most oppressive perk. Dont sleep on shadowstep you bring the killer to the totem area and you can win the chase easy if you can break the LoS.
Dont forget bhvr dont do many balance patch so after this change the perk probably wont get touch anytime soon.
Comments
the boon totems won't stack with other survivors. So they can't heal unless they're running their own perk.
I think what they mean by that is when the radius of totem A was passing through the radius of totem B so you could have 200% healing speed.
Anyway that what i understood.
oh. I'm still trying to figure out 100% how these boon perks work.
The stacking had to go.
But 24secs to boon a hex which can be snuffed out in 1 sec? Just do gens.
You probably saw the video but with some good stacking you could heal a survivor before the killer had the time to finish the wipe animation after a hit
I agree on that. I say cleanse hexes do dulls.
Stacking had to go, but the range reduction is big and the blessing hexes is considerable. We'll have to see, but im not so worried about them anymore. Chances are, these two perks in particular will become novelty.
But that understandable you have a hex and 14 sec later that hex is replace by a boon there no reason of cleasing that totem. At least now the survivor have a choice do they cleanse that hex for 14 sec or they take 10 more sec to blessed it at the risk of the killer stoping them if they have thrill of the hunt
-Laughs in Save The Best For Last-
the video? the one which required the killer to do literally nothing or just allow a lot of setup? that required specific maps? builds? and no gens getting done? that could be disabled by the killer just stomping the boon which takes 1 second? that video?
I'm just glad they are more balanced. I will definitely still use them.
They went from oppressively broken to just powerful. They are relatively severe nerfs, but, I mean, they were just that overtuned to begin with... So they kind of needed the sledgehammer treatment.
even based on how they were before I wouldn't have run them on survivor without specific map offerings. Having to run to a certain corner of the map to heal, etc seems like a huge waste of time to me
It's morally the fact that they wont stack and have a smaller radius of what you can thoroughly work with since if you get chased out of that area you may not get back into it
That the thing its not just you who can do that but your entire team and that what make boon perk really strong. The example you said that mean only one player need to go there if he want to reset and its safe because if you do that you know the killer wont pass there. Boon are going to be good in every map the one were the perk will be less effective are the map the killer already steuggle to keep up with the game like red forest.
Like i said in my post i think survivor forget those perk affect the entire team and not just themself
I still don't seen them beating, or coming close, to the current meta and strong med kits... Would love if they did but still can't see it happening...
Sledgehammer nerf? They still cover like half of midwich. I never cared about the hex thing, I don't run hexes.
A perk that gives an entire team permanent medkits combined with we'll make it is absurd. It's a tacit nerf to legion and basically obsoletes sloppy butcher and hit and run playstyles.
Medkit are for yourself only boon are for the entire team that a huge difference. Ofc if you only care about yourself you have no reason to bring those but if you care about the team and winning as a team those perk are really good. Because survivor can see the aura they dont need their teamate to communicate were the totem are so even solo player can use those perk. If you only care about yourself those perk are worse thing you could have
This seems right. I feel like they did a good job with the Boon nerfs by not going overboard and just removing the broken elements.
Survivors complain when their OP stuff gets nerfed, or when something new gets introduced and it's not OP for them.
After the MoM backlash itd be a lot safer for them to release it under performing and buff it later
they were bad before the nerf, now they are terrible. It wastes the one resource that is critical for survivors, time. Time not spent advancing the objective of gen repair increases the chance of loosing the match. The fast healing boon might have some value but if it saves 8 seconds on a heal but takes 16 seconds to bless....thats a net loss on time.
If you get only heal from a boon that mean 2 thing one your boon is missplace the second your teamate are blind and they never saw where it was. Boon are a team perk not a egoist perk like the one survivor use in their meta
Stacking is broken and plainly stupid. Getting a free blessing for also cleansing a Hex makes 0 sense. The range nerf is not THAT bad. If they perks are not viable now they wouldn't have been viable anyway. I do not know how effective these will be my guess is that nobody will run Shadowstep because it is too easy to remove but CoH will be run by that one weird survivor that nobody likes(Yours truly) in every SWF...
But you act like survivors dont already chest dive, do challenges, and just screw around. A measly 14 or 24 seconds is nothing in exchange for a free med kit or no scratch marks/aura reading.
I don't understand the "stack". What does it mean? The effect of the Boon only affects the one who blessed the totem?
Think the changes are pretty good.
Not OP so it won't 100% be in the meta but still strong enough that it'll at least shake it up.
I think they will. From current meta perks u need 3 of them (Bt, Ds, Dh) so u have free slot to adjust your playstile.
In some map the radius of the boon too could pass through one another so in those perk if you were lucky in the totem place you could have 200% healing speed or more
No, it means if the area of multiple boons overlap they do not provide 2x, 3x or 4x the effect.
All teammates still get to use the effect of the boon that is active.
No more full heals in 4 seconds, how tragic
They're counterforce 2.0 aka too much ado for nothing. The nerf was warranted even if at addressed meme scenarios with insane rng. However, they weren't worthy before and the aren't after.
Thanks!!
You also apparently need Unbreakable for the DS combo. You also have Iron Will which is a perk I personally always run. If your in solo q you'll probably need Kindred. Some people still love that end game Adrenaline. So currently for the meta I don't believe there is a free spot.
I think if you see it in solo q it'll probably be used by players who won't do anything injured. I say you'll mostly see it in 4 swfs but even then I don't think it'll be in every single teams build after the first few weeks.
I'm excited to try these boon perks out. Probably won't run them a lot but I think they're really nice.
that's pretty cool. SWF teams are gonna have fun with that!
I agree, think we all knew they were getting nerfed.
Are boon totems now better than bt, dh or iw? No, of course not, so you won't see them.