Unfairly Targeted. Need a Survivor Perk to counter

Can we get a survivor perk that lets us look like another survivor?

Press the Activate button while being unhooked to take on the appearance of your rescuer (or another random survivor).

Comments

  • You rage quit and lost all sympathy.

    Being chased and targeted by the killer is part of the game, it is even the aspect many claim is the best part of it. Keep the killer distracted while the rest does the gens and if the killer wants to try and kill you, that is their role. They are trying a tactic, even it might not have worked out for them it is still a valid choice for them to make. There isn't a need for a perk... there are multiple perks that you can use and 3 other people that could help you out.

  • I've noticed this happening way more often lately with killers. Killers will leave an injured survivor in chase just to tunnel out another survivor.

  • Something something

  • @Nos37 said:

    I don't know what it is...

    Three of us on a gen at the start. Huntress shows up. We all run away. I (Dwight) get chased. That's fine. It happens. I figured It was because of my toolbox, so I dropped it before being hit in case of Franklin's.

    Later on, three gens pop back-to-back. Huntress shows up to my gen and chases and hooks me.

    After I'm unhooked and healed, Claudette cleanses her hex totem two tiles away and the killer chases me instead of her.

    I manage to catch up to the Claudette, break line-of-sight with the killer at the Wretched Shop main building, and sneak away. The killer finds Claudette, injures her, and lets her go free. Then she spends another 30s searching the area for me, checking all the nooks and crannies. I snuck away to another tile, but that didn't stop her search.

    She eventually finds me, and I quit the match after she injures me.

    If you're going to make it THAT obvious that you're intentionally picking on me, unprovoked, then FOG YOU!

    I called them out in a message and they responded with "You were the easiest to find, so I kept chasing you." As if they hadn't just spent 30s looking for me JUST AFTER injuring the Claudette (no Iron Will on her) and letting her go free! There was an AFK Quentin for the majority of the match, yet I was "easier to find." Pfft

    ----

    Can we get a survivor perk that lets us LOOK LIKE ANOTHER SURVIVOR?

    Press the Activate button while being unhooked to take on the appearance of your rescuer (or another random survivor).

    This is getting ridiculous. My FIRST match playing as Survivor in over a week, and I'm IMMEDIATELY reminded why I stopped playing survivor.

    I don't get what you are angry about here. The killer decided that it was in their best interests to get you out of the game first. It sounds like he was chasing you, decided that you were an easier target than the Claudette and played accordingly.

    If I see an AFK survivor, I'll usually leave them alone, as I don't know if they just temporarily stepped away to deal with a sudden phonecall or something.

  • @Nos37 said:

    I don't know what pisses a killer off or makes them prioritize me. It feels like a lose-lose no matter what I try to do in these situations.

    • If I'm the first to run away from a gen, then the killer targets me and leaves the others on the gen because they already have their sights set on me and don't finish fully patrolling that gen.
    • If I'm the last to run away, I'm the closest survivor to the killer and I get targeted.
    • If I stay at the gen and hide, the killer somehow knows I'm there and fully inspects the gen and I get targeted.
    • If I cleanse a hex totem, the killer drops everything they're doing to chase me out of retribution.
    • If someone else cleanses a hex totem and I'm nearby, the killer falsely accuses me for it and I get targeted.
    • If I go AFK, I'll come back to me being on the hook, if not on the results screen.
    • If someone else goes AFK, the killer feels free to spend the extra time looking for me whie the AFK survivor is left alone.
    • If an injured survivor is being chased and leads the killer to me, the killer will switch to me even though I'm healthy.
    • If I'm healthy and lead the killer to another survivor, the killer injures them and then comes back after me!

    I have that same kind of luck. It actually made me consider spending 2k shards for Decisive, but in the end, that is like 20% of my next killer and I was already stupid and wasted shards on Undying which I never used and got around to purchasing Blight only like 2 months later. I easily could have waited.

  • You may not want to hear this, but you know how chains break at the weakest link? It's a popular Killer mindset, tunnel and get the weakling out first to hurt the entire team. Not saying you're weak, but the rest of your team might be really good.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    You may not want to hear this, but you know how chains break at the weakest link? It's a popular Killer mindset, tunnel and get the weakling out first to hurt the entire team. Not saying you're weak, but the rest of your team might be really good.

    Coming to the forums after rage quitting 'because' you were being 'unfairly targeted' (tunneled) for one game does not really display a position of strength in any regard.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285973/unfairly-targeted-need-a-survivor-perk-to-counter

    I don't get what you are angry about here. The killer decided that it was in their best interests to get you out of the game first. It sounds like he was chasing you, decided that you were an easier target than the Claudette and played accordingly.

    If I see an AFK survivor, I'll usually leave them alone, as I don't know if they just temporarily stepped away to deal with a sudden phonecall or something.

    More stuff

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2549082#Comment_2549082

    The Claudette was the first one hooked. She was injured. I was healthy. There was blood and scratch marks as she ran away.

    YET, the killer still spent the extra THIRTY SECONDS just LOOKING for me. Then more time just to injure me!

    It was not in their best interest, it was out of harassment, for who knows why! That's what makes me angry

    Ah...okay. I think I might understand why he did that.

    If I have a sense that I'm against a weaker team, particularly one with an AFK or DC, I'll do my best to avoid tunneling someone, and wherever possible chase and hook a different survivor each time. Could this have been the case?

  • are you wearing a red shirt?

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    You may not want to hear this, but you know how chains break at the weakest link? It's a popular Killer mindset, tunnel and get the weakling out first to hurt the entire team. Not saying you're weak, but the rest of your team might be really good.

    Sure thing

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2549107#Comment_2549107

    Coming to the forums after rage quitting 'because' you were being 'unfairly targeted' (tunneled) for one game does not really display a position of strength in any regard.

    I agree- the OP should know too :)

  • Killer thought you were the weakest and wanted you out quick, quite normal nowadays. Killers need to get a survivor out asap to have any chance of winning.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    You may not want to hear this, but you know how chains break at the weakest link? It's a popular Killer mindset, tunnel and get the weakling out first to hurt the entire team. Not saying you're weak, but the rest of your team might be really good.

    Except you did just say he was a weakling.

  • @Nos37 said:

    I don't know what it is...

    Three of us on a gen at the start. Huntress shows up. We all run away. I (Dwight) get chased. That's fine. It happens. I figured It was because of my toolbox, so I dropped it before being hit in case of Franklin's.

    Later on, three gens pop back-to-back. Huntress shows up to my gen and chases and hooks me.

    After I'm unhooked and healed, Claudette cleanses her hex totem two tiles away and the killer chases me instead of her.

    I manage to catch up to the Claudette, break line-of-sight with the killer at the Wretched Shop main building, and sneak away. The killer finds Claudette, injures her, and lets her go free. Then she spends another 30s searching the area for me, checking all the nooks and crannies. I snuck away to another tile, but that didn't stop her search.

    She eventually finds me, and I quit the match after she injures me.

    If you're going to make it THAT obvious that you're intentionally picking on me, unprovoked, then FOG YOU!

    I called them out in a message and they responded with "You were the easiest to find, so I kept chasing you." As if they hadn't just spent 30s looking for me JUST AFTER injuring the Claudette (no Iron Will on her) and letting her go free! There was an AFK Quentin for the majority of the match, yet I was "easier to find." Pfft

    ----

    Can we get a survivor perk that lets us LOOK LIKE ANOTHER SURVIVOR?

    Press the Activate button while being unhooked to take on the appearance of your rescuer (or another random survivor).

    This is getting ridiculous. My FIRST match playing as Survivor in over a week, and I'm IMMEDIATELY reminded why I stopped playing survivor.

    I don't care you got tunneled but even if you had this perk to which I actually DID like your still injured and that would still show. I would actually lile the perk idea In all honesty as a killer main.

  • That doesn't mean he is bad survivor tho, that just means that every other survivor seemed harder to chase.

    When you have dead squad, then "weakest" link is still way better than avarage survivor.