There. I Said It.
What likely controversial but true things have you always wanted to say?
For me:
- Something that was overpowered a year ago does not justify something else being overpowered now.
- The devs really need to come out and tell us what constitutes a win state for a killer.
- The Spirit nerf was probably needed. Wraith, Ghostface and Deathslinger's nerfs definitely weren't.
- Freddy needs better addons.
- Nemesis needs a third zombie.
- MMR needs to be inflated slightly for every player playing together in an SWF.
- It's way, way too easy to game the MMR system and stomp newbies.
Comments
I don't know if these are controversial but
Thats all for now.
I really like this thread, so here are some of mine for killer.
With that, here are some of mine for survivor.
And finally, some general ones.
Probably missed a few but that's all of mine.
I'd disagree on two points.
As to the other responder (no idea why, won't let me quote you).
Interesting.
Why would you say Swamp is worse than Haddonfield? The only time I don't like Swamp is when I'm running a lot of hexes.
Flashlights are...situational. They are incredible versus a Hag or Wraith.
"Tbagging is fine IF it's to try and get the killers attention off another survivor instead."
No, it is not. If you play a chess game and show your opponent middle finger to make him angry and pay less attention to the game you are still a douchebag. Being a douchebag on purpose doesn't make you less douchebag.
Don't excuse BM in the game.
Definitely agree on Hawkins
Happy it'll be perma gone
Borrowed time is the healthiest survivor meta perk and people should stop complaining about it
I like what the skill attempts to accomplish, but it's too easy to use offensively (rather than being an anti-tunneling tool like it's supposed to).
The MMR part on SWF is a common practice in most competitive games, i hope they are doing the same in DBD
It's anecdotal, but if that's the case, then either there are a lot of SWF groups deliberately AFKing out a lot of games or something isn't working properly on some killers (Doctor, specifically - no matter how often I get pounded, I still constantly run into full SWFs way, way better than me).
Oh boy, here. I have a couple of things to get off my chest:
Yeah, but they often forget about part "fun to play" ...
Eh...MMR feels really hinky on some killers (Doctor in particular) which makes me think that either it's factoring something in that it shouldn't be (like the number of shocks or something), or I'm winning the lottery in reverse.
What frustrates me is that Undying was nerfed, rather than reworking Ruin (or better yet, looking at why regression perks are so heavily required, adjusting speeds and then rebalancing accordingly). It was a hefty defacto nerf to all hex perks.
MMR feels off sometimes. It might be due to queue times and amount of players though.
Yeah they need to do something about cheaters.
Tbagging isn't fine. It's BM. Getting the killers attention by tbagging isn't the same as doing a gen in front of them. One is being rude and one is making the killer give up a gen.
Give it a try. Do 12 or so games as Doctor, and 12 or so games on, say, Wraith. Bring your best perks, and no addons. Try your best to win every game.
Really curious as to see if it's just me.
I think its been awhile since a killer wasnt fun to play as, probably Twins imo.
It was about Deathslinger nerfs, too clumsy and I hate doing cheap zoning.
and I really hate Pin Head, but that is mainly because I really don't like RNG killers in general.
DBD isnt meant to be balanced.
Haven’t tried him yet as I’m on console, but I’m not a huge fan of his nerfs.
As for Pin Head, I like him after consistently being able to find his box.
A third zombie? how about a 4th whenever it's a gigantic map?
not even to mention them zombies getting stuck for trying to jump off a wall or such
Lethal Pursuer?
Yeh, with that and a small bit of luck you can consistently find the box.
the 5th point is invalid since one side using meta perks forces the other side to use them too to level the playfield
During Nemmy's development they tried running a third zom zom with an add-on, but it tanked game performance so badly they scrapped the idea and changed the add-on.
I would imagine that they test internally on badass PC's too, so imagine trying to run extra zoms on the consoles and low- to mid-grade PC's. Maybe in DBD2...
Springtrap should never become a killer in dbd
Sorry not sorry
How is that even controversial when it's just true?