Here is the truth
- Barbecue & Chili's bloodpoint bonus should be on other perks.
- Killers should all have different movement speeds using the values between 110%-115%.
- Killers should all have different pallet-breaking and attack-recovery speeds.
- Trapper should get Hindering barbed wire in addition to bear traps.
- Wraith needs his lore fleshed out. You don't explain his look, his bell, or his ultimate motive.
- Hillbilly charges up too slowly to be threatening in nearly every situation.
- Hillbilly can't use his chainsaw to force pallets around corners like Cannibal, and it feels so bad.
- Add-ons being consumables is greatly off-putting.
- Why would a ghost nurse get tired of blinking? Why does she blink across half the stage when it's so polarizing for game balance?
- Cannibal makes every other M1 killer look like overcomplicated trash.
- Clown's speed bottle is whack. It makes zero aesthetic sense and knowing it exists feels bad.
- Huntress not bad, Hag not bad, Oni not bad, Doctor EEEH, Pig EEEH.
- Nemesis' PoV is too low, and it makes his arms feel too short.
- Nemesis should get a bazooka with limited ammo at the start of every trial.
- The Twins should be able to switch immediately after Victor downs a survivor or Charlotte hooks one. It feels bad.
- Charlotte's hook looks too World of Warcraft. More mundane would look better, like Hillbilly.
- New Deathslinger's 0.4 seconds to aim Vs. the average human reaction time, 0.25 seconds... survivors will juke your shots every single time now, and it will feel so bad.
- Trickster is cringe.
Comments
Just expand on idea number 14 and give all Killers a Bazooka eh?
Your list is kinda short. I expected 100-150 instead of 18.
Just make Nemesis 110% speed while he's carrying it, give him 0.4 aiming time, and the rockets fly slower than a Huntress axe, but explode.
Tell me you can't find cover in time.
Corn maps
I agree with topics 2 and 3. I wish they messed up more with things like weapon cooldown, vaulting speed, terror radius and movement speed. The 110%/24m TR and 115%/32m TR formula got boring and now you have tons of killers that literally look redundant nowadays.
The only killer that I remember they messed with these things was Myers (faster vaulting speed and smaller TR) and it actually results on some fun builds with Monitor and Bambozlee, more killers should have different basic stats. Why not make Legion and Pig something like 117 or 118%? Or Trickster 112,5%? Or give Pig her 28m TR back so she has her synergy with Whispers again?
Making different values for every killer would just confuse newer players more than they already are
Nemesis should get things to be more true to his character
Also the average person has a reaction time of 250ms, thats true. How ever they wont be able to react consistently with something that is just 150ms longer. That is a VERY short amount of time and when latency, input delay, and hitboxes are all taken into account, the majority of players wont be able to react to him
I wish the game borrowed from the Friday the 13th mentality and gave Survivors different types of stats. Stamina(can't sprint forever), intellect(different survivors get different sized skill checks with different frequencies), agility(not all survivors vault at the same speeds or efficiencies), etc. Give me a reason to play Survivor X aside from it being the skin I like the best.
I would rather have him jump like in RE 3, I haven't actually played the game but I looked at some gameplay and having a jumping ability as nemesis would be really neat. It would be kind of useless on indoor maps but I can see it being really fun on maps like coldwind.
I like number 4! A fun idea ^^
18 is just your truth. A lot of people like trickster. I have been going against him a lot more recently.
5 & 6 are hard facts tho. Both those boys need some tlc ;_;
I wanna like Trickster, but he's somebody else's truth when it comes to "scary killer".
Your first paragraph shows what the core problem of this game is: it caters to survivors, and specifically the bad ones.
Cant really disagree with any of it.
why change something if theres no problem with it?
Then they should get rid of SBMM. If it’s a casual game, the matchmaking should be random.
Jus' sayin'.
He was too fast, now he's too slow.
And, I think new players learn fast. Coddling them as long as possible shouldn't be a priority over providing more dynamic gameplay and balancing situations.
Thing is with that, normal matchmaking had issues
Another issue is a lack of separation of casual players and competitive players, we need a ranked mode
Youre right, it shouldnt. But creating new values for no reason other than "why not lol" aint a good idea either
But but that'll increase queue times
At this point who cares as a casual player I would much rather have seperate playlists
Im convinced its not a lack of players on one side but a bug thats causing longer queue times, since I remember when I first started playing (Right before their 1st anniversary) up until the Hallowed Blight, queue times were instant for both sides.
What would the difference be between the 2? Typically “unranked” modes mean you don’t earn any experience (bloodpoints) or you are restricted from certain things (perks). I doubt many will go for the unranked mode if there’s little incentive other than the promise of it being potentially less sweaty.
on number 1 we're going to live forever does the same thing bbq does but with survivors and it's hard to get the stacks
Sounds more like suggestions than truths.
18: T R I C K S T E R I S C R I N G E
As a Marine Vet, I'd like to know where you got this figure. .25 of a second to sight, and fire, while maintaining trigger control and sight picture and sight alignment dealing with adrenaline , while moving and shooting at a moving target.
I think you would miss more than you would hit, but I digress
Unranked would use grades or no means of matchmaking, meaning faster queue times. And ranked would use MMR. Queue times might be longer but those who want to play this game competitively will go against others with the same mindset.
So the same game, but two different queues…
That just means sweaty killers and survivors will go into the unranked mode and stomp on those looking for more “chill” games.
So... like theyre forced to do now?
Yeah, so ranked vs unranked would be pointless.
No it wouldnt, because people who feel like playing the game at a more competitive level can, there is literally no downside to adding a dedicated ranked mode. There is not a single game out there, no matter the genre, that suffered from having a ranked mode
It wouldn’t “suffer” but it would be pointless and not solve the issues this game has.
It actually would solve A LOT of issues, for those who want to play casually it would solve queue times a reduction in sweatier players since they are likely to gravitate towards ranked, and benefits for competitive players is they get a more balanced game since the devs could look at more accurate data, how ever they can't just add a ranked mode with no incentive other than climbing the ranks. Just adding a charm or a cosmetic for reaching the highest rank would probably be enough of an incentive, maybe even more BP.
The last part is the only thing that would push players towards a ranked mode over casual. No one is wanting to sweat their balls off consistently in ranked if they can get a mixed bag in casual mode, UNLESS there is an incentive like double bloodpoints.
Not only were like none of these true, the ones like wraith and nurse are explained lmaoo are you new to the game or something
Wraiths bell was the skull of his boss during the time he worked at the Car Compactor it is in his lore
You would think that, yet every game out there that has a ranked mode, people play it.
Of course those ranked modes have incentives, which double bp would be nice but there would most likely have to be something more
sigh
Have you ever noticed that Wraith has a skull on his weapon and a skull for the bell? Which one is his boss' skull? How come there's two?
Where did he forge the weapon and the bell?
What does a bell have to do with anything?
Why is his head covered in mud?
If he went crazy because he doesn't like killing, why is he still killing?
All of this and more.
Why does he have little pouches neatly hanging from his waist? For his beeper?
Give me a single reason for BBQ?
Let's address the elephant in the room: Fred nerfs destroyed him.
Most of these "truths" are misunderstandings of how balance work or complaints about character lore. 6/10 for effort though.
First, thanks for your delicious post.
Not going to lie, ever since taking Bubba seriously, I am kind of scared to go back to m1 killers. He is just so much better... The only one that compares is Pyramid Head to avoid that DS. Lol.
My bad.
To expand even further and give all killers a kill switch to sac all the remaining survivors ending the trial
Thats already in the game and survivors can use it too, its called hacking.
The bell comes from the lore in the tome the bell just isn't modified yet.
His face is covered in mud because he has severe burns over his body from when he burnt butchering crews that killed his people
I also forgot that his weapon was a human skull because I don't use his normal weapon nor do I use wraith that often.
The weapon is probably the bosses skull the bells skull is something that isn't clarified yet