Community challenge #1: killer addon rework (Pyramid head)

So a little post for abit of fun, with the devs doing addon overhauls etc. I thought itd be great to get the community involved.

The aim is to make addons we would like to see for X killer instead of addons less used/weak. The devs may like an idea or they may get inspiration from one, either way as a community we can share our thoughts.

The killer we are focusing on is: PYRAMID HEAD

Rules: no winners/losers. All ideas are allowed and welcome, just try to think of balance and maybe the rarity it could be. Be polite and have fun! Upvote any you like!

Comments

  • Iridescent addon - while dragging/using trail of torment become undetectable.

    This replaces the old one where you stand on trails, combos really well with duration addons and let's be honest sitting in a building to hear nothing but his blade scratching the floor is sure to give you a shiver lol

  • An add on where it changes your Mori animation to the one in the Silent hill movie where PH rips someone's skins off :^)

  • Obsidian Goblet (Ultra Rare)

    Auras of trails placed by tormented survivors are revealed to you within 16 metres.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Obsidian Goblet (Ultra Rare)

    Auras of trails placed by tormented survivors are revealed to you within 16 metres.

    Survivors don’t leave trails. If you’re referring to the VFX once they get tormented, that isn’t a trail.

    However, seeing auras within 16m would be stupidly OP - basically would be a free I’m All Ears.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542449#Comment_2542449

    Survivors don’t leave trails. If you’re referring to the VFX once they get tormented, that isn’t a trail.

    However, seeing auras within 16m would be stupidly OP - basically would be a free I’m All Ears.

    I'm talking about those weird circle things they leave behind while tormented.

    It'd be inconsistent to see the survivor's aura with the add-on so it'll still take skill to use, but powerful at the same time, great for an Ultra Rare add-on.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542471#Comment_2542471

    I'm talking about those weird circle things they leave behind while tormented.

    It'd be inconsistent to see the survivor's aura with the add-on so it'll still take skill to use, but powerful at the same time, great for an Ultra Rare add-on.

    I still think it’d be way too OP, even if it’s just the aura of the VFX trails.

  • Iridescent Seal of Metetron: A survivor hit by Punishment of the Damned is afflicted by the Torment status effect.

    Purple add-on that gives hemorrhage: Punishment of the Damned now breaks any breakable walls it comes into contact with. Once a pallet or wall is broken, Punishment of the Damned is cancelled.

    Purple add-on that gives Oblivious: Rights of Judgement now needs 100% charge to activate. Punishment of the Damned now consumes 50% of the charge of Rights of Judgement. Increases width of Punishment of the Damned by 150%.

    Purple add-on that increases Killer Instinct time: Survivors who are afflicted by Torment have their auras revealed for 8 seconds.

    Here's a few I came up with a while back

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Copy-n-paste from an older post:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271539/pyramid-head-addon-suggestions

    ADDONS

    COMMON

    Lead Ring
    • Survivors that Rescue other Survivors from a Cage of Atonement do not lose Torment.
    Dead Butterfly
    • Survivors that fail Cage of Atonement Skillchecks cause a Notification.
    Copper Ring
    • Survivors affected by Rites of Judgement have their Aura revealed to you for 3s.
    Black Strap
    • Healthy Survivors Injured by Punishment of the Damned suffer from Torment.

    VERY RARE

    Scarlet Egg
    • Punishment of the Damned leaves behind a Torment Trail.
    Rust-colored Egg
    • Survivors are afflicted with Torment when rescuing a Survivor from a Cage of Atonement.
    Lost Memories
    • Become Undetectable while performing Rites of Judgement.
    Crimson Ceremony Book
    • While Survivors are in a Cage of Atonement they gain a 32m Terror Radius.

    Ayyyy lost memories is like my suggestion lol. Nice addons though! Would love to see some in game

  • Sending a survivor to a cage reveals the auras of all survivors with torment for 3 seconds. This would not include the person in the cage

  • I think pyramid is great the way he is. I play him. (cant kill anyone) and I play against him. 90% KIA for me. But since I pay Cheryl Mason, its always fun to get killed by the Pyramid. (yes I know, he is not in her video game directly. See post below where the community corrects me)

  • I don't really have an idea for an addon change right now but I think the forgotten videotape should do something impactful considering it's a very emotional part of Silent Hill 2's storyline.

    I always run it just because of the videotape cutscene.

    Perhaps it should alter Punishment Of The Damned in some way similar to Doctor's tape addons that alter the shape of his shocks to either a ring or a long straight line.

    Or maybe it should allow you to torment the area you shoot at. That would be neat.

  • @MrDardon said:

    Hello. Since I like to do Killer Changes and I already did Trapper I found the time to do changes to one of my mains.

    I was planning on going in order with the Wraith being the next, I didn't find enough motivation for that, so I went for a Killer I personally enjoy playing more.

    This list includes:

    • General Power
    • Add-ons
    • Teachable Perks

    I will share screenshots of what I did since I don't wanna copy+paste everything and especially write everything down again.

    Starting, with the general stats and the Power description:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UYP6DZX3ZWT8/image.png

    Basic stats and how the power works didn't change at all. I am personally quite ok with his base kit and I normally use him without Add-ons. (Not like there a great Add-ons anyways but yeah).

    Up next, the Power stats: (Rites of Judgement and Punishment of the Damned)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KQ53QXUA8O9M/image.png

    Since I changed almost all of his Add-ons, I put some of the Add-on effects into his basekit so he isn't reliant on some of those Add-ons. With following examples:

    • Rites of Judgement duration increased to 6 seconds up from 5. In my version, there are no Power duration Add-Ons anymore, so I increased his base power duration.
    • Rites of Judgement recharge time reduced from 20 seconds down to 15. Same here, I removed all the rechrage Add-ons and replaced them with new effects, and therefore reduced the general cooldown.
    • Cages will now relocate if the Executioner is standing within 9 metres of the cage, currently 5. This should completely eliminate cage camping from a distance with a readied PotD. To compensate, I've increased the time it takes for a cage to relocate from 3.5 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
    • Punishment of the Damned range increased to 9.5 metres up from 8. Since most people used the range Add-ons anyways, I don't see a problem in increasing his default range. The Wax Doll Add-on wasn't changed so you can still get a maximum range of 10.5 metres like currently.

    Power Stats: Torment Trail

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/35CK3RGG5JRY/image.png

    I've increased the general time that Trails stay in the environment from 75 seconds to 90 seconds. Therefore I changed those Add-ons completely. The rest stayed the same.

    Now onto the Add-ons. I wrote down the current effects under my personal new effects so you can compare them. Starting with the common series:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OQU2DBF7HDR9/image.png

    Uncommon:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/88477AMPP7HV/image.png

    Rare:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Y53IWZCXV0NX/image.png

    Very Rare:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HEH7ENXCYRR7/image.png

    Ultra Rare:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BA9K5K212PYL/image.png

    Controversial Add-ons in this list and effects I am personally scared of them being to powerful.

    Forgotten Video Tape: Sounds niche and nice in theory but can perhaps prove to be to powerful. I saw this suggestion in a different thread.

    Spearhead: Hitting Survivors trough junk loops for example is pretty common, might be to powerful in that regard.

    Copper Ring: You will drop to 4.4 m/s, but with the upsides, good PH players might become extremely oppressive with it. But it seems like an interesting Add-on in my opinion.

    Crimson Ceremony Book: Read that one in a different thread as well, and also saw arguments that this effect might make PH weaker actually, but it still seems like a nice effect. This also won't obstruct hits trough windows, only dropped pallets and breakable walls.

    Iridescent Goblet or Obsidian Goblet: I personally don't know how to change this. What I did was that I gave PH freedom with the Undetectable effect with a greater downside of Trails disappearing and also gave it a cooldown. The current version just seems to weak and niche.

    Now the last but not least, the Perks:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1E5I6ISH02SO/image.png

    Forced Penance seemed to situational and meme'y to me. I made the effect permanent until the Survivors enters the Dying State but with a cooldown, which totally isn't there because of Perk Tiers.

    Trail of Torment. Why the yellow Aura? I made it gone, no yellow Aura. I also reduced the cooldown. No but seriously, you lose it as soon as someone taps a gen or gets hit. It's not like you are Undetectable for the whole match as soon as you kick a gen. It's decent currently but it can definitely better, and with this I think the Perk might actually become good.

    Deathbound: I don't know what to say about it. The effect of being oblivious when healing someone far away from the Killer might sound funny and all, but it's not practical. I replaced the "Oblivious" Effect with the "Exposed" Effect. The rest should be the same. The "Exposed" effect will now force the Survivor to stick with the other so they aren't exposed. So basically it's a Deathbound, if you leave, you die, so stay with your mate.

    That's all for the PH changes. Let me know what you think. I know there are quite a few PH mains here, I want especially your opinions on this.

    Have a nice day/evening/night, stay safe.

    I did a whole personal overhaul to PH, including Add-ons. If you want to read it, every Add-on is in there.

  • Iridescent - All player's start the trial already Tormented, Survivors hit with PotD become tormented. Trails no longer Torment.

    Iridescent - Your trails last indefinitely, gain undetectable while trailing, doubles the amount of time you can trail.

    Epic - Your PotD now has a ZigZag line effect with the same Distance.

    Epic - PotD now has an aoe effect detonation after the initial attack firing shards out in all directions in a 5m radius applying deep wounds and a 1.5 second hindrance slow to those hit.

    Epic - Those Tormented hear Heartbeats until removed.

    Green - PotD breaks dropped pallets and breakable doors, applies the same stun as blight breaking a pallet with Rush.

    Green - Those repairing while tormented, Spread torment to those not tormented.

    Green - Crossing a Trail while injured applies Mangled until healed.

    Green - Cage of Atonements now spawn in the Basement

  • Obsidian Goblet - Simple change. The effect now lingers for 15 seconds and refreshes whenever you stand within the Rite's of Judgement.


    Crimson Ceremony book - Added effect: Survivors hit by the Punishment of the Damned now suffer from the Mangled status effect.


    Seal of Metatron - Survivors hit by Punishment of the Damned are now inflicted with Torment. Slightly Increases cooldown (2.25 --> 2.75)


    Lost Memories - Survivors suffering from Torment now suffer from Oblivious


    Rust Colored Egg - A survivor rescuing another from a Cage of Atonement now have their aura revealed for 12 seconds.

  • Add-ons to change the angle or shape of rites of judgement would be cool

    A series of stackable add-ons for widening the trails would be cool to

  • Came up with a random rework of his perks to make them a bit stranger and perhaps more variety:


    Brown add-ons:

    Lead Ring - When a survivor is hit with Punishment of the Damned, the are affected by a 3% reduction in speed to repairing, sabotaging, healing, unhooking, vaulting, cleansing, opening exit gates and opening chests for 40 seconds. The effect doubles if working with another survivor.

    Dead Butterfly - Killer instinct continues for a further 2 seconds longer when a survivor becomes tormented.

    Copper Ring - Rites of Judgement lasts Slightly longer. Rites of Judgement recharge moves Slightly quicker.

    Bent Needle and Hair (replaces Black Strap) - Survivors rescued from the Cage Of Atonement suffer from the Hemorrhage effect and bloodstains last 1 second longer.


    Yellow add-ons:

    Wax Doll - Rites of Judgement lasts Moderately Longer. Rites of Judgement recharge moves Slightly quicker.

    Spearhead - Survivors hit by the Punishment of the Damned suffer from the Mangled and Hemorrhage status effects.

    Leopard-Pink Fabric - When rescued from the Cage of Atonement, both survivors will show their auras for 5 seconds if they move further than 12m from each other for the next 30 seconds.

    Mannequin Foot (replaces Forgotten Videotape) - When rescued from the Cage of Atonement, both survivors leave scratchmarks for 3 seconds longer for the next 60 second, if they move further than 12m from each other.

    Cinderella Music Box - If a healthy survivor walks on the Rites of Judgement and is more than 40m away from Pyramid Head, they become injured. An injured survivor gains the Deep Wound status. Does not apply if a survivor crouch walks.


    Green Add-ons:

    Vatiel Sect Photograph - Whilst performing Rites of Judgement, Pyramid Head can see the progress of all gens by the intensity of their aura. Pyramid Head's speed is reduced by 0.2m/s whilst performing Rites of Judgement.

    Tablet of the Oppressor - Rites of Judgement lasts Tremendously longer. Rites of Judgement recharges Moderately quicker.

    Misty Days, Remains of Judgement - Killer Instinct continues for a further 5 seconds longer after a survivor becomes Tormented.

    Photo of Mary (replaces Mannequin Foot) - If a survivor walks over the Rites of Judgement and is more than 40m away from Pyramid Head, all perks are disabled for the next 60 seconds. Does not apply if survivor crouch walks.

    Burning Man Painting - Punishment of the Damned distance is Considerably increased.


    Purple Add-ons

    Scarlett Egg - Any survivor rescued from the Cage of Atonement will be instantly healed. However, any survivor who has been put in the Cage of Atonement (including the rescued survivor) at least once becomes exposed for 20 second.

    Rust-Coloured Egg - After a survivor is rescued from the Cage of Atonement, any healthy survivor in the trial becomes Exhausted for 30 seconds, and any injured survivor becomes Mangled and suffers from the Broken status for 30 seconds.

    Mira's Headphones (replaces Lost Memories Book) - Punishment of the Damned leaves Rites of Judgement. Anyone hit by Punishment of the Damned will only hear the "Dog ending" theme tune for the next 20 seconds (no killer or other sounds). When the time is up, the affected survivor will sigh like Maria during the Dog Ending and a notification to the killer will be made.

    Crimson Ceremony Book - Punishment of the Damned leaves Rites of Judgement. Being hit by the Rites of Judgement will hear the low rumbling of chanting heard in Silent Hill 3 in the background for 20 seconds. During that time the screen will gather blood splatters until everything the survivor sees on the screen is red with black outlines. After 20 seconds, the survivor vision returns to normal, and receives the Hemorrhage status until healed and Broken status effect for the next 20 seconds.


    Red Add-ons:

    Forgotten Videotape (replaces Obsidian Goblet) - Any Tormented survivor who crosses a Rites of Judgement, even crouch walking, becomes Exposed for 60 seconds. Their aura is revealed for 2 seconds every 20 seconds during this time. When 60 seconds is up, the survivor's aura is shown for 5 seconds.

    Seal of Metatron - When a survivor is sent to the Cage of Atonement, any survivor who is either Tormented or has been Tormented before has their aura revealed for 5 seconds if further than 18m from the killer.

  • I'd like to see some addons increase the width of PotD and a complete rework of the Iris. Love a lot of the ideas I'm seeing in here.

  • Replace one of his iri addons with an addon that puts two Silent Hill Nurses in the trial that act as quicker versions of Nemesis' zombies

  • Love some of the ideas people are coming up with, if we even get any addons close to this I'd be insanely happy, might use something other than just range addons lol

  • @Myla said:

    An add on where it changes your Mori animation to the one in the Silent hill movie where PH rips someone's skins off :^)

    "Also causes any console survivors / killer to crash when said skin is halfway ripped due to how buggy the game is"

  • hitting a survivor with punishment of the damned inflicts them with the tormented status effect


    and also


    hitting a survivor with punishment of the damned causes the shockwave to become a torment of trail