tydetyme june 9th, 2018
tydetyme's video today....he camps with the wraith. i am appalled. i have never seen him do such on his videos. granted, the wraith is best for camping and it is a great tactic but such behavior is the blight of this game. so many killers seem to believe that obliteration of survivors (ensuring they de-pip and recieve near zero blood points) is the objective. now, why would they get such an idea?
*spoiler alert*
swf, perhaps?
i expected more from you, tydetyme.
*spoiler alert*
swf, perhaps?
i expected more from you, tydetyme.
Comments
A killer camped.
A survivor got mad.
Things are in order in here.
As Tyde said in one of his previous video : Wraith is FULLY INVISIBLE while not moving. If it's not built for a camper, tell me what it is ?
EDIT : I suggest you to watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3kz80t-Cc He clearly explains his point of view about camping, and got "everyone" (amongst his fans, that is) informed about that a while ago.
The whole point isn't to ruin survivors. The point is to get a strategy to win without running in circles.
Exactly, at some point it just boils down to the Killer having had enough of ring around the rosie. They just wait and make the survivors come to them. I truly understand campers at that point.
People still can't accept that camping is still a thing and literally intended by the Devs? It's really not a big deal in the slightest.
Lol i'm 95% sure that this post was extreme sarcasm...unless the poster isn't that experienced in which case it goes down to 42% sure...and if the poster has only ever played survivor this goes down to -5% sure
I love/despise this game
Anyone who thinks camping is not an IMPORTANT game mechanic does not understand the game. There are several mechanics built into the game specifically for camping. The wraith’s invisibility is one, Insidious is another, the Hag’s trap teleportation is another, etc. Instead of complaining about it with the rest of the 4%’ers, join the 96% who figure out ways to work-around it. Worst case, 1 survivor dies and everyone else gets out, if you play it right. Play it wrong and all survivors die. The most common reason for dying to a camper is greed. Being so greedy that you must get the save points, isn’t healthy for survivors.
P.S. Camping does have a downside, if done improperly. It’s up to the killer to know when to camp, and when not to. During the end-game, any killer who doesn’t camp is just playing foolishly.
Every time someone complains about camping, i´m tempted to link them to a thread where they complain about BBQ and vice versa.
Who cares? He was the Wraith? Yeah its annoying but who cares?
He barely pipped and still 1 clown got out.
snip
Its not intended.
They talk it good, because they cant balance the game properly, because of the survivor tears.
Camping is intended.
You have to give the killer a reason to leave the hook, not expect him to go on a fool's errand and hope he doesn't come back in time. Someone getting caught is now a bait for other players, and a bait, in several scenarios, do have pretty low survival chances.
If you have a problem with that, you have 2 solutions :
Do not save against campers.
Do not get caught.
And yes, at times, you'll get caught and camped. ######### happens.
Unless the survivors are really, really bad, it's impossible for most killers to win without camping or tunneling. The Wraith is not a Nurse or even a Hillbilly. He barely has the ability to get a good survivor on a hook in the first place, let alone catch him from full health 3 times along with his friends.
that video doesn't help me reapect such a view. it is though he believes "winning" aa killer is getting a 4k every game and anything short of that isn't fun. throughout the video he is justifying why he does what he does. in the video i provided, he starts camping ar the beginning. i do camp when the gens are done or when i am hook blocked and the like by the swf mic team.
i do too. camping is a reaction for me but not something i outright do unprovoked.
you don't play survivor.
that earns camping hardcore.
as for killers, wraith and trapper at p3 and all the rest at p2.
i could agree with that. as i say again his camping in the video i provided was unprovoked.
some complain about not winning every game.
Its basically setting up an ambush. Put the bait and wait nearby for the prey to fall for it.
You dont have to go for the save, you did, and the killer predicted you would come and planned ahead.
With the famous words of Bricky: "The game is played how you want to play it. No made up honor code, no fake rules. If people hate you it's probably because you won and honestly... good job at winnin'."
And I camp.
Why wouldn't I camp? I'm completely invisible when I don't move, and I've got a perk the sets my radius to 0 after not moving for 3 seconds. That whole mechanic right there says STAY STILL. Am I supposed to walk out away from everything to do this?
I've got a year of Friday the 13th behind me.
I started watching TydeTyme's to figure out what I should be doing in DbD and saw the "camping" video. I found it pretty hilarious.
This exact same thing comes up in F13. The phone's fuse box and one of the cars spawn next to each other on a map. Counselors gather there attempting to repair the objectives so, as Jason, you stay there to ensure they don't. They ######### and moan and call you a "camper". You politely reply by bringing your axe down on them. Now you're a camper and a slasher.
STFU already, Jason's job is to kill everyone.
So being new to DbD I already do not care about what a survivor thinks. I'm also being called a "camper" by some DB's that do nothing but body-block every time I tried to put someone on a hook.
I see that DbD has those survivor mains that spend their time doing nothing but trolling the killer and showboating while everyone else does the work, even when it gets other survivors killed, just like F13.
Camping your first catch is actually one of the most effective strategy to kill high rank survivors. Any experienced killer will tell you this.
It's just basic strategy and common knowledge amongst high ranks.
Pretty much this. I give zero ######### what people have to think about how i play my killer. If i am not breaking the rules i can do whatever i want. I don't play killer to make sure the survivors have fun i play to kill them and if i decide one round i want to face camp someone into the dirt for the lolz i am going to do just that. I learned a long time ago that camping is a part of this game and if i myself get camped i legit think nothing of it. My fault for being caught, i made the mistake and i am not entitled to a free save and if my mistake costs me my life that round then so be it. I learn from it, hold on as long as possible and try to play better the next round.
as i showed before, all survivors are p3. all killers p2 but 2 are p3.
There is literally several official tutorials / gameplay previews where they learn you how to camp lmao
(can't find the other one)
Camping has never really been a big deal to me. I play survivor 95% of the time, possibly more. If I'm being camped, I just keep the killer busy by waiting it out. If a teammate is getting camped, I'm all over the generators like warm butter. Do I like camping? Nah. Can it get frustrating? Sure. Do I understand the reasoning behind it? Absolutely. It's a strategy that works well for some people, and it's not surprising that people camp with a killer like the wraith. It's bully-city when he's in a chase, and like others have already mentioned he's completely invisible standing still. As long as you're not going out of your way to be nasty, your play-style doesn't matter to me.
It's not intended.
They never intended a killer watching a player 120 seconds die.
If so, they wouldn't do so much about it. (+40 hook time, 3 perks against it, test builds to fix camping etc.)
It is used because killers are weaker as survivors, forcing them to watch a player die, slowly...
It's totally boring for a killer to watch a player die 120 seconds.
But the majority of killers does it. Including me. BECAUSE YOU CAN'T WIN OTHERWISE, when not playing one of the 2 clearly overpowered killers.
They have to fix it and not call it "strategy".
It is not, strategy needs to be thought of.
This is over and over the same standing in front of a dying player or a few feet away. No real strategy involved.
With camping I mean not patrouling the hook to catch other survivors.
Due to the current state of balance it is very difficult to find a situation past rank 10 where I think to myself "Can I win without camping here". The generators simply get done too quickly for me to do anything else so I have to resort to playing like a jerk to win. I don't like it and the survivors don't like it but, I can't do much unless gen speeds are adjusted.
It's intended.
The only reason they added 30s (it's not 40), is because they also added 10s to the gen, and 5s to the gates, so to balance it out so killers do not win exclusively by camping, they did increase the hook time.
If there's 3 perks against it, it's EXACTLY to be able to deal with this kind of scenarios. It's more of a proof it's intended than the opposite.
Standing in front of a player and waiting for him to die is exactly like repairing gen while someone is camping, it's a strategy. A basic one, but still one.
Not to mention it's necessary for it to stay to be able to use a 3 gens strategy efficiently, allowing you to camp your target while close patrolling your gen, which is a very common STRATEGY used by several killers.
It's cheap and not fun for anyone.
It was never intended from the devs, that a killer MAINLY camps. It was intended the killer is around making it dangerous, but not impossible to hook save.
They never intended a survivor dying on the first hook. They wouldnt have added 3 hook stages if it wasn't intended for the survivor to get in the game again.
The impossible hook save is totally intended. Devs stated several times in the stream that you shouldn't save when the killer is around, and even nerfed BT so you couldn't easily counter a camper.
Dying on the first hook can happen to anyone depending on the situations. Saying it's not intended is just pushing the excuses.
Who cares?
The only ones who are against camping are players, the devs have said time and time again they are not against it and it breaks no game rules.
You must be new here. TydeTyme has always camped when it was appropriate to do so, or he felt like. Indeed, he more or less got famous from this rant regarding it right here.
Then there's these
Please consider these videos your homework. I expect a 2 page essay explaining how camping is a survivor behavior issue.
so they added 30x3 = 90 seconds to hooks
making it 360 seconds for 3 people and 480 seconds to almost kill them, but leave them with 1 hook to kill each
and gens can be done 80 x3, 80x2, 20= 180 seconds
you can't be serious it's not a ######### up on designers part
They nerfed BT because they INSTANT SAVED each other, not because they want to encourage camping, holy moly, where do you get all the wrong informations from?
That's just not true. It was simply too advantageous for the rescuer that could just tank hits too easily, and allowing both players to get away and leave unchecked.
Not sure where YOU got your infos.
What I know is : I'm talking to devs on discord on a regular basis, you might as well ask them if you want to make sure. The discord is opened to everyone.
I was assuming they nerfed it, because it was a safe unhook for both players, but if they removed it to allow killers to even camp harder, they clearly don't know how to design a game, I am sorry.
I am a killer main and I am camping, because I am forced to nearly every round.
I want to play different, but the game doesn't allow me to. If I do, I loose.
That's not the intention of the game and if the intention really was camping down everyone you get, then I rather play civilization 5 or survivor.
I have thousands of ideas to balance the game properly and they all would work, if the devs would listen 1 time to their customers, but they are not.
The game is flawed by thousands of bugs and design issues promoting slugging, camping, window abuse and pallet looping, while this game claims to be an horror game which it truly isn't.
I really hoped the new 2.0 update would change things, I really hoped for that. But it didn't.
Like I said, I already agree about the first part : camping or not camping should be a mindgame. At the moment, if you step away more than 15 meters from the hook, the survivor gets rescued instantly, and the recovery for that is way too quick if you let it unchecked, which leaves camping to be one of the only viable option.
They nerfed BT to prevent bumrushing hooks and sandbagging, because the main issue with BT was : it would still make the killer go for the rescued, since both survivors were protected. So it was an "anti tunnel" feature, along with a camping favored feature, to make the killer able to punish bold rescues, which, in the end, favors camping, and force the rescuer to AT LEAST not take a hit before unhooking if he doesn't want to get downed and hooked for free.
Not sure what you hoped tho, 2.0 is just a very few changes, as these devs do very few updates and changes per patches because they do not want to scare their community.
Their job is to scare people with a horror game, they just aren't able to perform so.
LIke I kept saying on other thread : they transformed that horror game into a team game. The original spirit of the game was to make everyone to survivor for his own and leave others to die. They forgot that concept and made it a scoobydoo fest, trying to allow survivors to rescue while the killer is around and such.
It slowly killed the intidimating factor of the killer, and pushed it to the point where mocking wasn't even enough anymore, but it transformed into discrimination and blame for using X or X strategy aka Camping (even when it's deserved)
I agree with you.
My whole point was, they never really intended facecamping or in general "camping" survivors off whenever one is hooked (Patrolling isn't camping).
They may say, it's intended, but it's not, we all know that. They do things against it quite often. (3 very very strong perks are there to prevent camping, even if they can get destroyed or annulated pretty quickly.
Without changing the game meta they won't ever make this game as scary as it is on rank 20 for new players.
Same goes for the balance of the game. So many flaws which needs to be taken care off.
Just fixing the camping issue isn't gonna balance the game out. (It would make things worse actually)