Can we please remove dropping survivors to avoid the flashlight save blind exploit?
It's been here since patch 1.5 and more and more killers are ruining games with it. You literally just spamm the drop button on killer and because you're host, you always get the drop before the blind. It's such an annoying exploit that literally breaks the game I'm surprised more people aren't spamming the forums about it.
Comments
I don't like the mechanic = "exploit"
You wanna tell me another joke Mr. Survivorman? Let me guess, juggling DS users to hooks is an exploit, too? And slugging the second to last survivor to avoid hatch standoffs too?
That breaks the game? For me I rarely see killers actually pull that off plus if they drop them and they are near a hook I'll position myself to either flashlight them again or body block the hook. Flashlights are always a touchy subject anyways... gonna give a lot of Killer main's PTSD mang.
Well, it's more annoying that survivors can abuse the killer is locked in animation when picking up a survivor or breaking a pallet, which so many survivors do - so you can thank those who abuse that the killer is locked in animation to blind the killer. Can even be done when the killer is recovering from a decisive strike.
If it was an exploit, people'd get banned for doing so.
If it was an exploit, they'd remove it since it affects Survivors and the devs love Survivor players more.
It's not an exploit.
Nor did I... thanks man I need all the cool tips I can get....
It is not an exploit. It is one method a Killer can use to avoid your little flashlight. You are not entitled to a save 100% of the time, so if the Killer has a way of avoiding your attempt, you got outplayed. Nothing more, nothing less.
Pretty sure this is nothing more than bad timing.
You should report them in game next time. Make sure to specify the exploit.
"The Killer dropped the Survivor while I was trying to blind him with the flashlight."
Somehow, I don't think the devs will take this seriously so much as they'll have a good laugh and get back to work.
Nah, you can time it perfectly, and the killer will be able to drop if they spam R.
@Orion It's ok. He'll feel better after.
Its not because they don’t time the flashlight right, as soon as they pick up the survivor and the person comes out with the flashlight, it’s all PERFECT timing until the killer drops the survivors as they’re getting blinded just so the survivor won’t get off their shoulder. You can’t get ANY flashlight saves when they do that.
However, it’s not that big of a deal because a lot of people don’t know about it (until now).
Get good.
Gentapping is fine though?
also what is about the exploit of the animation lock?
Putting someone down = CHEATER
LOL
But dropping the survivor is? ok dude
The killer simply recognizes that it takes longer to blind someone with a flashlight than it does to drop the survivor, and sure it's advantageous for him to do so, considering the alternative. But it's no more an advantage in that moment than it is in any other moment when dropping a survivor, he still has to pick the survivor up again, who will be able to wiggle free more quickly, now.
I think you're confusing this for being an exploit because previously, before killer's knew better, survivors could easily blind the killer during the pick-up animation, to the point of a drop seeming guaranteed. But that's the thing, you aren't guaranteed that the killer will drop your survivor friend if you shine a flashlight in their face, but you have a great opportunity to try to. All you would need to do is have better flashlight add-ons and this 'exploit' doesn't work.
Otherwise explain that I sometimes get blinded no matter how hard I spam r
You consider that a person being able to perform a abort action during a animation lock, is an exploit.
I assume that you also consider it an exploit, when survivors cancel the unhook animation.
Makes me wonder, could the survivor just "chain blind" the killer during the drop animation if they do this to make exactly that happen?
Sounds like you need to adjust your timing.
So, in order to time a blind right and get a flashlight save, you have to shine the light in the killers face as soon as the animation is done right? Basically, when they’re almost out of the animation.
So as soon as the animation lock gets finished, all they have to do is spam the drop button.
As soon as they do that, you get a blind but not a flashlive save.
Sounds like an exploit in my book, but not a highly used one.
I’ve only went up against a few killers who used this “exploit”, “method”, or whatever it can be labeled as. Each time I would go in for a flashlight save, PERFECT TIMING, and they see me on their screen while they’re in the animation lock, they would spam the button and drop the survivor.
We need a mod/dev to confirm if this is an exploit or not because clearly everyone here has mixed feelings about it.
Explain that I can get flashlight stuned AND drop my victim even though im hammering R like a madman?
That should tell you something
Secondly, does it really matter if a killer does that? If he does the drop, just go sandbag the hook and the survivor is almost guaranteed to get free anyway.
This is golden... May I please have it?
@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY doesn't belong to me, I just put 2 pics together.
Seriously, I tend to side more with survivors, but this is too much. I play killer enough to know how annoying the constant blind barrage can be. That is what is game breaking. Since when is a flashlight so powerful as to blind a killer 10 times in 5 minutes. Sorry, but that is nuts. I would not cry if they removed the feature all together, or each blind makes the killer more resistant until they are immune after 3-4 total blinds in a match.
By that definition then flashlight dropping isn't an exploit because having to drop that survivor takes "hella long" to get them on a hook.
Both of these situations "Ruin gen tapping" and "Flashlight dropping" are exploits of design used to avoid the original mechanic of the thing they are exploiting.
Tapping a gen to avoid skill-checks may still take longer than doing a generator normally but it still breaks the intended mechanic of the perk and exploits the fact that you don't get skill-checks.
Spamming the drop button when being hit with a flashlight exploits the small pickup frame allowing you to skip being blind and losing the survivor. It takes longer to pick that person back up and keep going to the hook but it still breaks the intended mechanic of the flashlight.
Exploits don't always have to be "game breaking" to still be an exploit. Also before anyone says "the developers said they are fine with gen tapping" that still doesn't mean it isn't breaking the perks intended mechanic. As I said above an exploit doesn't have to be game breaking to be an exploit.