Can you just nerf nurse?
There is no fun to play when the killer is nurse. I want to dodge every game when I hear the scream
There is no fun to play when the killer is nurse. I want to dodge every game when I hear the scream
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
There is no fun when the Survivors loop everything. I want to play Nurse when I see them do this.
That said, they could try testing the Nurse's viability after adding a micro-blind effect when phasing through tall objects (objects that would normally break LOS).
no
Can you git gud instead? If you're losing against the Nurse, it's because you were worse than the person playing her, plain and simple.
Just remember.
When the nurse cant find you.
She cant kill you.
PLAY SNEAKY.
Nerf her how?
Woop the nurse doesn't really need any more nerfs. I don't think she could ever get nerfed properly, because the whole idea of her ability is to turn the game over on its head.
A lot of nurse in my region, the best advice really is to stealth her. If you get caught be as unpredictable as you can with her, the nurse relies a lot on prediction and correct positioning. Don't ever try to pull the same thing too many times because a nurse that's played enough of her will read you to filth and drag your *** to the closest hook if she catches on.
Except the nurse is mostly in control of the chase. She's fundamentally broken, if you had ppl like Cloud playing her nobody would ever escape.
Yes nerf nurse by removing looping. I agree.
A killer is in control of the chase? God prevent that
I love it when I hear a Nurse scream. It means a real match is about to happen and not just, "WHERE ALL DA WOOD AT?!?!"
The only "nerf" I think the nurse needs is that she should be pallet stunned when blinking through a thrown pallet, that's really dumb that they don't fix that.
Why not just get better at the game? Out of all the killers nurse is my favorite killer to both play and go against because she completely changes the way a game plays out and turns interactions and chases into 100% skill based encounters with tremendous mind game potential. If you are better than the nurse at reading her moves you can juke her, if she is better at reading you than you are at reading her she can get a hit. Playing against a good nurse is the defining moment that lets you see who really is a good survivor vs only survivors that know how to loop. The chases are exhilarating for me because there is real pressure on both sides to one up the other not run around plywood until you run out of it.
She's teleporting. Do you know what that means?
i dont care man, if she goes right through it as I'm throwing the pallet she should either get stunned before she swings or pop up behind the pallet. I don't consider this a nerf just consistency with the game design
Get better informed about what teleportation is, and then you'll see why this is ridiculous.
this is a video game, all the other killers get stunned by pallets when their model goes through a pallet thrown animation (barely) one of which exists in a dream world the other goes through a phase shift where she can be pallet stunned as well, the nurse breaks the rules of the game by being the only killer that doesn't get stunned when her character model moves through a pallet thrown animation. I'm not asking for a specific nerf I'm just saying that there is a clear game inconsistency between nurse and all the other killers. Hag literally teleport but she can still get pallet stunned when her character model goes through the pallet swing animation.
The only thing I would really want nerfed about the Nurse is the effectiveness of her Blink when going through walls. Most blinks are okay because they are based on line of sight (going over short obstacles, going through a vault window or pallet), but I think the speed and range should be less effective when going through a solid object where you cannot see where you land.
Blinks where you can't see where you land are already less effective just from the fact that you can't see where you land.
Her power, from a design perspective, is borderline perfect. Rewarding if used properly, but equally punishing if not. If you can't see where you're blinking to, that gives Survivors who may be hiding behind cover an advantage.
Her design is borderline perfect wow did you just say that? She's broken fundamentally. Most DBD players are just not good enough to utilize her fully, if this game was popular as hell they'd have already nerfed the crap out of her because ppl like shroud would have 100% winrate on her.
Yes, I did, because that's what it is. People can complain all they'd like, but the fact is, if you lose against a Nurse, it's because you were worse than the person playing her. That's why she's almost perfectly designed.
Delaying tactics (e.g.: looping) that require zero thought and effort don't work with her. You have to actually know how to play the game: hide, break line of sight, and so on. That's why people complain about her, because they only know how to prolong chases, rather than win or avoid them in the first place.
Once she finds you there's not enough ways to hide in many maps like ironworks, as said if a godlike player would actually play her then you'd see what happens, I'm talking about ppl who do ######### like this (look at 3:55)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s54hOl9Fz8&t=3m55s
You downing a survivor in the case of a nurse is ALL your work, there's people out there who are able to tell exactly where people are just by listening to ######### like footsteps. I agree that a killer should be more in control but this is overdoing it with the current mapdesign.
The only thing that needs to be changed about her are the AddOns. A lot of things should be rethought regarding that. Especially her Range-AddOns. But besides it. I don't know. She isn't in a bad spot, but sometimes frustrating to face as a survivor as soon as latency bugs out her blink animations. Or because map design makes stealth complete impossible on some places.
There's many maps where you cannot hide/break line of sight and mostly you hitting the survivor is ENTIRELY on your part as nurse. As said if somebody like shroud would play this game nobody would ever escape.
There are maps where it's harder to hide, but there is no map where you can't hide. There are perks to help with stealth, but they're barely used because if a Survivor perk is not broken and doesn't allow for self-sustainability, it's not worth taking.
I never felt cheated playing against her.