Casual players are paying the price for SBMM
I'm starting to think that most of the high MMR Killer players in my region have stopped playing. Streamers with high MMR have not hidden their distaste for how unfun DBD has become thanks to SBMM. If this is indeed happening, then it thrusts all of the high survivor MMR players against casuals like myself. It's the only thing that makes sense. The previous ranking system could be all over the place, but I was never consistently steamrolled like I am now.
Does anyone else find themselves in a similar situation?
Comments
I left the game because of it, in a casual game like dbd it's sad to see a system like this, the devs don't listen to the community so all i can hope for is that more and more people quit playing.
I had red ranks back when I first started and made it to rank 13. So... It wouldn't be anything new.
I think it's already started. DBD is only averaging roughly 40-60 thousand players right now. Granted that doesn't include consoles, but I can't imagine that number being very high either. When you take that number and stretch it across the entire world, that's not a whole lot of players to play against.
If more and more people continue to abandon this game, then hopefully we'll see changes for the better.
Red rank wasn't always an indication of skill though. That's not to say that a rank one wasn't justifiably earned, but in some instances it was easy to level up, especially with survivors since you have a whole team to carry you.
With sbmm functioning properly, balance for the top players would make casual games possible at any level.
I wish that were true. I play only a handful of matches a week, and out of those matches one or two may be Killer. The other day I played a Doctor match, which is a killer I rarely play with, and the survivors just steamrolled right over me. I only managed one hook with zero kills. Matches after that didn't fair much better, even with the killers I'm decent with.
At the end of the day I like to relax, put my feet up, and enjoy a good game. The state that DBD finds itself in right now has made me go back to single player games, and honestly it's hard to see myself going back (to Killer anyway), anytime soon.
yep as a casual player it really ######### me over
What's interesting is that with the previous matchmaking system, there was no consistency with the matches. This could be frustrating for a number of reasons, but the saving grace is that you weren't consistently matched with people far above your skill level. But with SBMM now activated, if there are no high MMR Killers with which to match against high MMR survivors, then that means those high-ranked survivors will be matched against lower rank Killers. To me, this explains why I'm consistently getting sweaty matches while playing Killer.
There's no longer a big pool with which to pull from. If no one of my skill is available to play, then I move up a rank, which is a place that I don't belong.
People should realize the game hasn't changed. Its been this way for a long time and has been ignored or dismissed.
Its just the rank based system crowded everyone at the top. Thus matches were a mixed of skilled and unskilled players before.
This.
As a casual player who just started playing this year, I was consistently mismatched. The matchmaking was terrible. As a survivor, I only made it to purple and consistently played against legit rank 1 killers. As a very casual killer, I only made it to green and I was consistently placed against red rank SWFs. The matchmaking was bad before, but now my experience has improved.
If I had to wager a guess, I would say a lot of the red rank killers on these forums were stomping casuals and newer players like myself. Now that pool is gone, and they are mainly playing against competent survivors or strong SWF teams. That really sucks - but I don't think the solution is to match you against newer/less skilled players. The solution is that SWFs need to be balanced somehow so that they don't steamroll competent killers. How you do that, however, is above my pay grade. ๐
I think SWF needs an indicator in the lobby, that way the Killer knows what kind of match they're going into and can plan accordingly. Sadly there's nothing a killer can use that will effectively counter a well coordinated SWF on comms, but at the very least killers should get a faster bloodhunt effect, or something similar.
If SWFs are shown to the killers, they will dodge most of the time.
SWFs are incredibly powerful to the point the trial is never balanced. Devs should remove 3Q and 4Q.
Sbmm is better for casuals and worse for tryhards. It's the same for every game.
some one gets it
Just a bunch of "casual" players who dont want to admit it
Casual players are paying the price for SBMM ????
no this is absl. not true......sry
I have really tough games here and there but primarily Pig/Slinger have the toughest. I still manage to get my 2 kills though and I feel SBMM is making me a better player. I have only had one game recently that was a 1k and it was my style of play that did it (8 hooks before I killed anyone) end with 9 hooks and 1 kill with Plague. I consider that a win with that many hooks and playing by the book (No tunneling/targeting, camping).
I seem to be playing the game more lately so I feel like it improved my experience. Sorry to hear it's not like that for everyone.
SBMM started pretty good to me, as I use 0-1 second chance most of the time. Killers rarely tunnel/camping. Kill & death happens. But since I escape more and 'rank up'. Im start to facing hardcore tunnelers every match, there is no choice for me & teammates but rush Gen, ignore healing/totem and escape.
When you're rank up. Either you face players better than you, or face a worse players but tryhard using all kind of meta. And most of the time you facing tryhard. Which isnt fun.