Attn Survivors: Camping and tunneling =/= baby killer

This public service announcement is brought to you by your local killer main.

Comments

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521145#Comment_2521145

    I'm not gonna argue with you they are bad players it's their fault and their mistake and their lack of skills own up to it and lose like a man next time you'll realize your mistakes instead turning on puss* mode and covering it up and this is a fact ppl tend to ignore their mistakes and blame others and say "well I had to camp" no you didn't u lost right there when u decided to chase single person whole match

    If you could make your point without not one but two sexist comments, that'd be great.

  • @Animal_Mother said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521864#Comment_2521864

    Why would you limit yourself as a killer to some arbitrary rules made up by sore loser survivors? Higher skilled survivors can't be beaten on a lot of maps with 90% of the killers. Why are you trying to make up more rules to handicap them even more? Just take your loss and accept you were outplayed.

    If you're foolish enough to think that camps and tunnels 'outplay' anyone, maybe you should work on your own skillset - it's clearly lacking, regardless of your typical role.

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521871#Comment_2521871

    Good Player will indeed try to make up for his mistakes and it ain't camping

    That's like saying like good player use dead hard to cover up his mistakes in looping no they ain't good survivor they just pressed E to outplay killer same thing with camping stand still for the win

    Why not camping, though? It's a perfectly legitimate tactic that's only as effective as the survivors allow it to be.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521887#Comment_2521887

    If you're foolish enough to think that camps and tunnels 'outplay' anyone, maybe you should work on your own skillset - it's clearly lacking, regardless of your typical role.

    Maybe you should just stop making excuses for your failure. If you ever played at high levels, you wouldn't be saying such silly things.

  • Local killer main:


    Nice bait.

  • @Animal_Mother said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521907#Comment_2521907

    Maybe you should just stop making excuses for your failure. If you ever played at high levels, you wouldn't be saying such silly things.

    I do fine as a high level killer main with genuine map pressure - because I use effective tactics, rather than the weak ones people like you need to justify to themselves. It's okay, though, the hypocrisy is amusing.

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521871#Comment_2521871

    Good Player will indeed try to make up for his mistakes and it ain't camping

    That's like saying like good player use dead hard to cover up his mistakes in looping no they ain't good survivor they just pressed E to outplay killer same thing with camping stand still for the win

    Good survivors use dead hard, because Good Survivors are the ones who use it effectively.

    Shaming people for using things within the game just because you lost to it needs to stop.


  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521261#Comment_2521261

    Yes the survivor is being punished because of killers lack of skills does survivor gets rewarded when they do mistake in looping? No they go down and die...

    I have played this game for 3 years both roles and I'm yet to see good killer camping outside endgame (I don't count endgame camping because that's only thing they can do at end and it's justified)

    You can't tell me good killer will willingly let gens fly like crazy and chase one person whole match that's called being bad player


    So if they camp they're bad, and if they spend gens getting looped they're bad.

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521837#Comment_2521837

    So you think covering your mistake by camping means you achieved something? Oh plss and a fat cat will catch a mouse if he ain't moving same thing about camping it's a cheap move keep trying if u lose it's ur fault ur mistakes has consequences and you can either own up to them and keep trying or you can stand still and play starring contest and see who blinks first

    I have never lost a staring contest with a survivor on Leatherface. Something about the dead skin mask just seems to put them on edge.

  • @adirgeforthedead said:

    I will never agree that camping and tunnelling are legitimate strategies to win, but ultimately everyone is free to play however they wish and I'm no one to tell you what's right and what's wrong.

    I just hope they eventually get teams that demolish them so they get a taste of what it feels like to ruin the gameplay of other players.

    "I will never agree that camping and tunnelling are legitimate strategies to win,"

    It can help put pressure back on survivors, which means they are reacting to you, rather than you reacting to them, furthermore, half the time your perceived tunneling, is because the killer lost the person who was unhooking, and you didnt have borrowed time.

    "I just hope they eventually get teams that demolish them so they get a taste of what it feels like to ruin the gameplay of other players."

    That is entirely subjective to the individual. You don't think killer's feel that about survivor actions? I'll give you a few.

    1 Totem rng, 2. Hit's that should have been grabs, 3. Key's/Hatches. 4. t-bag, click spammers 5. swf bully squads. 6. Haddonfield.

    All you're showing here is how high up on your horse you are.

  • Gg ez baby killa.

  • @adirgeforthedead said:

    I will never agree that camping and tunnelling are legitimate strategies to win, but ultimately everyone is free to play however they wish and I'm no one to tell you what's right and what's wrong.

    I just hope they eventually get teams that demolish them so they get a taste of what it feels like to ruin the gameplay of other players.

    It's exactly where such killers come from. When survivors run all over and ask every killer nerf to make game *easy and fair*, while they all abuse DS, DH, BT, IW, COMS (SWF) and other meta perks it suddenly end up some killers just fall off and went into dirty tactics cause they just can't pull off 12 hook play. And now u blame them for doing so?

    It's a legit tactic that has counterplay and it has nothing to do with your morals. But if u are so high on morals, then push every survivor out from running meta perks and swf, cause if u are so good and moral sided u should understand it's not one-sided problem.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520807#Comment_2520807

    Sounds like a player adapting his strategy to the circumstances.

    Exactly. They probably played bad and ######### up numerous times and therefore then resorted to camping. Which is another problem of camping.

    Obviously sometimes it's also a product of terrible killer or map balancing, so nerfing that in the state in which this game is at the moment probably wouldn't be the smartest.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521913#Comment_2521913

    I do fine as a high level killer main with genuine map pressure - because I use effective tactics, rather than the weak ones people like you need to justify to themselves. It's okay, though, the hypocrisy is amusing.

    You don’t play at a high level, and if you do, you aren’t winning most of the time.


    Go tell Pro Vengeance, who went on an 800+ game win streak with variety low- and mid-tier killers, that he is a bad killer using weak tactics. Go tell the comp teams, Otzdarva, and many other popular killer streamers how they are so weak.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520904#Comment_2520904

    That's an interesting take but let's imagine the following:

    The killer plays fair for the whole match gets some distributed hooks and boom endgame but no one dead. Now the killer opts to tunnel an injured survivor out and camp them for the kill. The other three come in and save with BT, block the killer after the BT hit and survivor has still the DS/UB combo since there was no tunneling or slugging up until this point. Doors are normally 99% or open at this point normally.

    Now tell what a killer in general is supposed to do in this circumstances which aren't rare given the killer would play fair and distribute his hookings and survivor run preemptively meta perks?

    If the killer only opts to camp/tunnel/slug at that point then they might as well go afk.

    Not that any of that concerns me since I don't even try anything more than aiming for 2 hooks each and 4 escape in general.

    I have noticed the irony that DS actually hurts killers who don’t tunnel the whole game more than it actually hurts tunnelers. I’ve had that exact situation happen to me a few times. I get DSed at the damn exit gate because I didn’t eat the DS earlier in the game. It’s a slap in the face and honestly makes me feel like I should tunnel off the hook at least to eat the DS earlier in the match instead of at the gate.

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521145#Comment_2521145

    I'm not gonna argue with you they are bad players it's their fault and their mistake and their lack of skills own up to it and lose like a man next time you'll realize your mistakes instead turning on puss* mode and covering it up and this is a fact ppl tend to ignore their mistakes and blame others and say "well I had to camp" no you didn't u lost right there when u decided to chase single person whole match

    How about you just don’t insult people for how they play a game?

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521615#Comment_2521615

    1 kill by camping is no win, 3 escapes, depip aren't win Whereas good Player will pip and get at least 2 kills I don't understand where did you pulled out from that they will lose? Because they don't chase one person whole game? Actually patrol gens? Doesn't camp and has a lot more time for new downs? Well interesting

    Psst, even good players can have bad matches. This whole calling someone a bad killer if they have a bad match thing is stupid.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    Shaming people into playing in a matter you agree with is actually what a true weak player does (AKA, a "Scrub")

    People who are actually good welcome the dirty tactics and cheap tricks because they relish the challenge of going against it.

    I'm not good... in fact I'm trash but I like the challenge... do I count? 😂

  • @Animal_Mother said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2522042#Comment_2522042

    You don’t play at a high level, and if you do, you aren’t winning most of the time.

    Go tell Pro Vengeance, who went on an 800+ game win streak with variety low- and mid-tier killers, that he is a bad killer using weak tactics. Go tell the comp teams, Otzdarva, and many other popular killer streamers how they are so weak.

    I've been pretty public about my opinion that streamers, tourney players, and content creators aren't as good as their followers pretend. They're not good at gaming, they're good at curated content creation, and people touting them as tactically sound aren't worth listening to.

  • You’re right! Just = bad killer

  • This has been vamped up so much more. I understand endgame getting your kill by any means buy first hook of the game? I'm a 50/50 player. I blame this new emblem system mixed with MMR. You can de-rank past what ever color you are. I had a guy message me nd say this is how the Devs made this game. I face camp everyone, aslong as I rank up by the end of the month I don't care. Also NOED is being use 1000% more than it use to be

  • OK. But that doesn't change the fact that it's unfun and robs someone from getting to play.

  • @IamB4tm4n88 said:

    This has been vamped up so much more. I understand endgame getting your kill by any means buy first hook of the game? I'm a 50/50 player. I blame this new emblem system mixed with MMR. You can de-rank past what ever color you are. I had a guy message me nd say this is how the Devs made this game. I face camp everyone, aslong as I rank up by the end of the month I don't care. Also NOED is being use 1000% more than it use to be

    Camping will remain as long as survivors continue to reward it. Camping actually removes some emblem points, as long as survivors aren't also near the hook. The fact that that killer can (supposedly) rank up while camping just means survivors are rewarding it.

    If NOED is a big issue, there are perks you can equip, like Small Game, to help you deal with it.

    @Apollos said:

    OK. But that doesn't change the fact that it's unfun and robs someone from getting to play.

    Neither side is entitled to a certain length of time where they do whatever they want. The survivor did get to play, they just made several mistakes and ended up on the hook.

    As for "unfun", it depends on who you ask, since "fun" is relative.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2525190#Comment_2525190

    Camping will remain as long as survivors continue to reward it. Camping actually removes some emblem points, as long as survivors aren't also near the hook. The fact that that killer can (supposedly) rank up while camping just means survivors are rewarding it.

    If NOED is a big issue, there are perks you can equip, like Small Game, to help you deal with it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2525201#Comment_2525201

    Neither side is entitled to a certain length of time where they do whatever they want. The survivor did get to play, they just made several mistakes and ended up on the hook.

    As for "unfun", it depends on who you ask, since "fun" is relative.

    Well, fun according to the devs seems to rely on maximizing gameplay. While they're viable strategies, they can greatly reduce the amount of time that someone is able to play for. You can't tell me that someone who was unhooked and downed instantly, then unhooked and downed instantly again made mistakes. You can argue that their team did something wrong, but this often happens even with BT or DS and with teammates chasing the killer to get aggro.

    If someone gets tunneled or camped once the pressure is on or during EGC, that's one thing. The game has already progressed to a certain point where everyone has had the chance to play. But I'm talking about players leaving the match with 5-9k BP or less because most of their time was spent slugged or on the hook with the killer nearby. You'd be very hard-pressed to find someone who can actually say they enjoyed a match like that.

1 2 ›