Are chains supposed to attack you when your solving the configuration?

Because it's extremely annoying trying to solve the box but the chains keep attacking me forcing me to start over. Is this intentional become this I think should not be a thing.

Comments

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Because it's extremely annoying trying to solve the box but the chains keep attacking me forcing me to start over. Is this intentional become this I think should not be a thing.

    That's why u have to play smart and search it before chain hunt starts.

  • @blankfaced said:

    Something is annoying DEVS!! Hurry and nerf it!! I don't want to have to actually TRY or pay attention!!!💩

    The chains spawn in threes from what I've seen. So after the third one you're safe to start solving it. There's also a decent addon combo, increased solve time plus increased portal distance, that lets you stop most people trying to solve it with a portal/chain hit instead of teleporting to them. Also, the chain hunt is only as powerful as the number of living survivors remaining so the more of you dead the weaker it gets.

    But even with that, he's a pushover. The moment you think he's even remotely good you face a survivor that knows what they're doing or you get Lerys.

    Damn yeah because it's a survivor complaint it should be immidiately cast aside because killer has it worse that's 100% very good for game health.

    If something is infuriating to a lot of people, then it should be fixed, regardless of side, be it perks, add-ons, or objective speed.

  • @blankfaced said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2518932#Comment_2518932

    First, get a sense of humor.

    And yes they should fix things that are infuriating to players (you said it was "annoying", but I guess those two words are interchangeable to you.) The problem arises when they only listen to one perspective. Just look at the state of the last few killers they released to prove that point. You don't even see most of the killers once you get a higher MMR, and people are still asking for the ones that will never reach that point to be nerfed, because they're "annoying." Catering the balance of your game around the worst of its player base isn't good or healthy for the game either.

    I highly suggest playing killer for a while, it really does help with your perspective of this game.

    1) Yes, frustration and annoyance are known as "synonyms", which means the words are similar or identical in meaning.

    2) Notice how people complain about some of the lower tier killers (Clown, Freddy now, Pinhead, Nemesis) a lot more than they complain about Nurse and Blight- most Blight complaints are related to builds, not even the power.

    3) I'm a killer main- Pyramid Head if you want to be more precise- with Wraith, Freddy, and Bubba following up when I'm in the mood to play and not overthink, and Nurse vibes when I'm in the mood to win. So, don't worry, I play killer a lot and I'm currently permanently trapped at high MMR as everyone except for Huntress and Trapper because Pyramid and Nurse have dragged them all the way up :)

    4) btw humour is subjective :)

  • If you're already being attacked by chains wait until they pause before solving.

  • I am not sure if it's a bug but even if it's not it should be changed. For now your best bet would be to go to a narrow corner where chains don't have much space to spawn and hope that you get lucky.

  • I'd have to test it out more to be certain, and even then it's probably not a 100% guarantee, but I found that on a few occasions if you stand between a pallet and a rock or two solid objects, it makes it more difficult for the chains to find you, at least that's what I've experienced so far. As I said, I don't think it's a 100% guarantee, but I seem to get attacked by chains less when dealing with the box, rather than trying to do it while standing out in the open.

  • That's why it's worth keeping an eye on the Chain Hunt cycle. When it's 3/4 full it's probably worth solving that box.

  • I think this happens if you have a teammate near you that is targeted by the chains and they hit you instead. When I'm all alone and i have the box i never get chains on me when I'm solving it, only if they spawn before I start solving it, wich i think this is what happened to you.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2518926#Comment_2518926

    Damn yeah because it's a survivor complaint it should be immidiately cast aside because killer has it worse that's 100% very good for game health.

    If something is infuriating to a lot of people, then it should be fixed, regardless of side, be it perks, add-ons, or objective speed.

    Nah, killers are special snowflakes and only their opinions and issues matter.

  • It is confirmed that there should not spawn new chains while you are actively solving the box.

    though there might have been chains already spawned when you where starting the action and they just needed some time before shooting at you. This is intentional and can be avoided by paying attention and/or positioning yourself before you start to solve the box.

  • @Mooks said:

    It is confirmed that there should not spawn new chains while you are actively solving the box.

    though there might have been chains already spawned when you where starting the action and they just needed some time before shooting at you. This is intentional and can be avoided by paying attention and/or positioning yourself before you start to solve the box.

    Really? I get hit with chains in the chain hunt all the time when solving the box.

    Yesterday I faced a Pinhead and it was literally a constant Chain Hunt. Even if the box was solved. The Chain hunt never ended for me the entire match. I was wondering at the time if it was a bug, or a cheat- but I'm not familiar much with Pinhead's Add-ons so I was wondering if it was that.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2519048#Comment_2519048

    Really? I get hit with chains in the chain hunt all the time when solving the box.

    Yesterday I faced a Pinhead and it was literally a constant Chain Hunt. Even if the box was solved. The Chain hunt never ended for me the entire match. I was wondering at the time if it was a bug, or a cheat- but I'm not familiar much with Pinhead's Add-ons so I was wondering if it was that.

    That definitely sounds like a bug..


    anyways, here is the reported bug and the answer confirms that there shouldn’t spawn new chains while solving (but already spawned chains may still interrupt the solving). If you have clips of the unintended chains spawning after you started solving the box then I guess you should attach them to the report:

    @Wendy said:

    Step 1 : Boot the game

    Step 2 : Play as survivor in a pbulic match

    Step 3 : Play against a Pinhead killer

    Step 4 : Get big chains thingie happening to entire team

    Step 5: Be the hero, grab the box and try to solve it.

    Step 6: Get repeatedly hit by chains at 95% solving progress to cancel solving.

    Step 7: Rejoice in the fact that you haven't given this team of programmers a single penny for two years.


    (also the bug report section could need some more work put into. Many many duplicates and fixed bugs are still on pending and it’s hard to navigate through.)

  • It's ambiguous whether or not it's a bug, but I think the chains are too aggressive on the person solving the box. Ultimately the game wants you to solve the box so that things can proceed, and right now there's a bottleneck where you can get stuck holding onto it for an indeterminate amount of time because it's impossible to interact with.

    I understand that there needs to be a reason to solve the box before the chain hunt starts, but the penalty for failing to do that shouldn't be that now no one can solve it and everything just grinds to a halt indefinitely.