Why is Felix's new outfit even a set?

I seriously don't understand what determines an outfit being a set anymore. Elodie's looks like it's supposed to be a set, but it's actually unlinked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKZqTJItesw

I just wanted the hair :(

Comments

  • yeah for me elodie should be a set i was just chacking it out it the store with other her skins and oh my you can create something trully ugly

  • Because a whole outfit is more expensive than 1 piece.

  • @Satelit said:

    Because a whole outfit is more expensive than 1 piece.

    But people are way more inclined to buy new outfits if they are unlinked because they can be creative.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514868#Comment_2514868

    But people are way more inclined to buy new outfits if they are unlinked because they can be creative.

    But are they three times more inclined to do so? Or are they going to say screw it I'll get it anyway. They make money off whales, the big spenders, not Timmy who got 5 bucks for mowing the lawn so he can buy a cool hat for Dwight.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514868#Comment_2514868

    But people are way more inclined to buy new outfits if they are unlinked because they can be creative.

    Exactly. I dont really know how people can really think that BHVR makes more money with Sets. I would also probably get the Headpiece and see what I can do with it, but I will not buy the whole Set, so this is money that BHVR will not get.

  • Idk, but that's not what's important here. What matters is what did he use on his hair and when will his L'olReal commercial launch.

    Also, claudette obviously got the best outfit in this collection. So far atleast.

    Is that elodia & Meg? I couldn't even recognize them. They can finally sit with us & claudette can finally stop being that one friend that people only hang out with because it's the nice thing to do.

    But yeah if Felix got some rock band emo goth outfit then I could see that working out with the hair tbh.

  • It is? Guess I'm not buying it behaviour really shoots themselves in the foot with non licensed sets

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514883#Comment_2514883

    Exactly. I dont really know how people can really think that BHVR makes more money with Sets. I would also probably get the Headpiece and see what I can do with it, but I will not buy the whole Set, so this is money that BHVR will not get.

    Sadly quite a few people must be buying sets since they keep releasing them,there's no reason to otherwise.

  • His new outfit just proves that linked sets don't make any sense. Like, why is his a linked set, but not Elodies???

  • @Clowning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514883#Comment_2514883

    But are they three times more inclined to do so? Or are they going to say screw it I'll get it anyway. They make money off whales, the big spenders, not Timmy who got 5 bucks for mowing the lawn so he can buy a cool hat for Dwight.

    How many players you see using linked outfits? And how many you see using mash ups?

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    His new outfit just proves that linked sets don't make any sense. Like, why is his a linked set, but not Elodies???

    Her outfit reminds me of Jane's belted dresses,the belt is there to separate the outfit.

  • The suit jacket buttons to the pants in the back (or at least looks like it does). That's literally it. Élodie's would make more sense as a set (even the torso seems to mention the skirt, which would imply it being a set that it's not), but I guess they only wanted one set and went with Felix for some reason.

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    His new outfit just proves that linked sets don't make any sense. Like, why is his a linked set, but not Elodies???

    Because they use the belt to separate the pieces. All other linked dresses extend beyond the waist, which causes those holes in the torso when people tried to mix and match them.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514908#Comment_2514908

    Because they use the belt to separate the pieces. All other linked dresses extend beyond the waist, which causes those holes in the torso when people tried to mix and match them.

    I guess that explains why her outfit is linked. But Felix new outfit has no reason to be linked xd

  • It's annoying, but the cosmetic is ugly anyway so I wouldn't have been likely to buy it either way.

    I'm sure Behavior has some canned excuse as to why they do this that's far from the truth about it actually being done to maximize profit on sets while limiting creativity.

  • I've always thought that "set" outfits could be either all three pieces linked or only two. There are a lot of outfits that would be perfect with only two pieces linked: the torso and the bottom, while leaving the head unlinked so you could wear different heads. The new Felix outfit is a great example of this. And with Killer, the body and head would be linked but not the weapon, allowing for use of other weapons.

    I think a long time ago they said that set outfits would consist of two or three pieces but we've not seen that in play. A little disappointing. 😔

  • I don't get it, either. I like the top, I'm not a fan of the hair -- having it linked together scratches it off the list for me. The only linked sets I really, really understand are the ones that totally transform the character -- like the Cheryl skins that turn her into a different character, or the Oni skin that turns him into a Minotaur. The other stuff just seems arbitrary.

  • if bunny feng came out today i 100 think it would be a set.

  • @Satelit said:

    Because a whole outfit is more expensive than 1 piece.

    If I just want one piece and I'm forced go buy 3 to get that 1 while also not allowing me to mix match I'm not buying anything at all. Since the introduction of linked cosmetics I haven't bought any of them. BHVR has to stop it.

  • They likely figured from the early feedback that not many want the full outfit, some just want the hair, some despise the hair but not the suit.


    Ez win for them= link it

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514868#Comment_2514868

    If I just want one piece and I'm forced go buy 3 to get that 1 while also not allowing me to mix match I'm not buying anything at all. Since the introduction of linked cosmetics I haven't bought any of them. BHVR has to stop it.

    Same. I just bought Legion with shards and only did it because I could buy the Susie body. If I had to spend 9 dollars instead of the 3 and a half... No shot!

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    I seriously don't understand what determines an outfit being a set anymore. Elodie's looks like it's supposed to be a set, but it's actually unlinked.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKZqTJItesw

    I just wanted the hair :(

    THESE are the proiblems dbd has to face and fix! Absolute braindead survivors throwing money on cosmetics to keep the game alive. Sigh

  • @SkerpiTwitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/282070/why-is-felixs-new-outfit-even-a-set

    THESE are the proiblems dbd has to face and fix! Absolute braindead survivors throwing money on cosmetics to keep the game alive. Sigh

    what about everyone that bought pinhead?

  • @blue4zion said:

    They likely figured from the early feedback that not many want the full outfit, some just want the hair, some despise the hair but not the suit.

    Ez win for them= link it

    Ez win? How is it an ez win when both of those groups do not buy the cosmetics at all now?


    @Hippie said:

    I've always thought that "set" outfits could be either all three pieces linked or only two. There are a lot of outfits that would be perfect with only two pieces linked: the torso and the bottom, while leaving the head unlinked so you could wear different heads. The new Felix outfit is a great example of this. And with Killer, the body and head would be linked but not the weapon, allowing for use of other weapons.

    I think a long time ago they said that set outfits would consist of two or three pieces but we've not seen that in play. A little disappointing. 😔

    it was mentioned in the in-game News That also 2-piece sets are possible I think. But i assume they have found problems caused by these type of sets that they couldn’t resolve (probably very easy to break/unlink) so they haven’t done those (yet)


    @IlliterateGenocide said:

    if bunny feng came out today i 100 think it would be a set.

    bunny Feng came just a few weeks before introduction of linked sets iirc. If they really wanted to they would have just waited with the release.

    but it’s very likely that bunny Feng was indeed causing lots of work and effort to realize as separate pieces (which they probably wouldn’t do again nowadays) and to be frank many combinations with only the head cosmetic look awful.

  • @SkerpiTwitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/282070/why-is-felixs-new-outfit-even-a-set

    THESE are the proiblems dbd has to face and fix! Absolute braindead survivors throwing money on cosmetics to keep the game alive. Sigh

    Why do you bother clicking on a discussion about outfits to criticize people who buy outfits? Go make discussions about the topics you want the game to solve then.

    Way to promote your twitch calling people braindead btw.

  • I'm sorry, my biggest shock from this thread is that there are people who actually like Felix's hair in this cosmetic.