Do you think Nemesis is accurate to this character?

So basically for those who don't know what Nemesis is about basically imagine something similar to Oni with some small changes with Nemesis' looks, animations and sounds. That is what Nemesis is in his own games.

Comments

  • Let’s play a game: Take a shot whenever @TheDarkTyrant posts something about Nemesis.

  • @GannTM said:

    Let’s play a game: Take a shot whenever @TheDarkTyrant posts something about Nemesis.

    You'll die

  • @GannTM said:

    Let’s play a game: Take a shot whenever @TheDarkTyrant posts something about Nemesis.

    I'll play!

  • There's some stuff done right about him but for the most part, it feels like we got punchy tentacle man instead of Nemesis

  • not enough stars, too many zombies

  • Accurate enough considering balance restrictions. His hook animation is at least pretty good.

  • I think a lot of people vote NO because he doesn't have his rocket launcher or flamethrower, and he was harder to stun in the actual game than DBD where you hit him with a pallet or blind him with a flashlight. Maybe because they thought it'd be too OP.

  • Honestly I agree that Nemesis's power design in DBD is horrible, but you should probably just put all of your Nemesis posts into one.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Honestly I agree that Nemesis's power design in DBD is horrible, but you should probably just put all of your Nemesis posts into one.

    I mean I would but they are about different things. I can't put a poll, 20 different discussions that are about Nemesis but like completely different parts of him frm strength to memes and like 2 ideas for a power into one. I don't think it would really work out.

  • @musstang62 said:

    There's some stuff done right about him but for the most part, it feels like we got punchy tentacle man instead of Nemesis

    Yeah i agree some stuff was right. Like his sounds and animations and a little bit of looks. The only bad thing about his looks are his looks are the shape of everything. He looks like a mix of classic and remake Nemesis but like unintentionally. And his body just looks cartoony. But yeah he really does just feel like a giant punchy tentacle man which everyone knows Nemesis isn't really that at all.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Accurate enough considering balance restrictions. His hook animation is at least pretty good.

    I mean I understand where some people are coming from when they say that but at the same time the problem really isn't the balance restrictions. i mean we have Oni who is the closest killer to Nemesis and he is perfectly fine. They could put in the abilities he uses but balance them. They've done it plenty times before. I mean certain characters in the game could be overpowered if the matches were like a story mode of sorts but since its a video game they can easily balance this stuff but still make them feel like the characters.

  • If they were to incorporate Nemesis's Rocket Launcher, more zombies, him having a ability to quickly dash and jump right In front the survivor like he does in the Resident Evil 3 remake, then it would feel a lot like Nemesis, but I'm glad we were able to get Nemesis in the first place, and even though I've made a Resident Evil chapter concept a few weeks before the chapter got announced, and I incorporated a ton of his ability's into his base, I've had a large feeling it was gonna be some Rehash of an existing killer, but he is still fun don't get me wrong, it's just I wanted more out of his power because he is literally one of the most iconic video game villains of all time, but ya.

  • Pretty close, minus shooting rockets at us and choking us out and hurling us across the map.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think weapons just wouldn't have worked in DBD. Sure, he could have charged up a rocket launcher crate, taken it out then used a shot to insta-down a Survivor or something, but I guarantee it would have been too much to face off against. I played the 3 REmake and his iteration in this game is close enough. The zombies add a fun, new mechanic to the game and can either be useless, or very helpful. His tentacle is fun to use by being able to walk through pallets and walls. All I really want is a Mr X skin though, as, to be honest, I prefer him to Nemesis. Something about him in RE2 just felt more threatening, and mainly intimidating to be chased by. Nemesis is threatening but Mr X is straight up intimidating.

    Both him and Nemesis are Tyrants. Seeing the parasite on Mr X might be odd, but for the sake of it being a skin it can still work. The punching animation and zombies still fit him very well.

    Ironically the two sort of swapped roles in the remakes. The Tyrant in OG2 appeared in the same places every time, while Nemesis in OG3 had a rotation of events where he could appear at any given time that'd change depending on how the game was loaded. I kinda doubt they made the new 2 with a 3 remake in mind at all. But I digress lol

  • @GannTM said:

    Let’s play a game: Take a shot whenever @TheDarkTyrant posts something about Nemesis.

    Drinking cyanide would be a slower death than that.

  • @GannTM said:

    Let’s play a game: Take a shot whenever @TheDarkTyrant posts something about Nemesis.

    Untitled Image

    You trying to kill me?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think weapons just wouldn't have worked in DBD. Sure, he could have charged up a rocket launcher crate, taken it out then used a shot to insta-down a Survivor or something, but I guarantee it would have been too much to face off against. I played the 3 REmake and his iteration in this game is close enough. The zombies add a fun, new mechanic to the game and can either be useless, or very helpful. His tentacle is fun to use by being able to walk through pallets and walls. All I really want is a Mr X skin though, as, to be honest, I prefer him to Nemesis. Something about him in RE2 just felt more threatening, and mainly intimidating to be chased by. Nemesis is threatening but Mr X is straight up intimidating.

    Both him and Nemesis are Tyrants. Seeing the parasite on Mr X might be odd, but for the sake of it being a skin it can still work. The punching animation and zombies still fit him very well.

    They could restrict it so it's one rocket launcher per gen or something and make it hard to actually hit.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2519719#Comment_2519719

    They could restrict it so it's one rocket launcher per gen or something and make it hard to actually hit.

    Yeah there is ways to make it work. And I don't get what he means by weapons won't work. We have an entire spear gun in the game. I think it could work.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520512#Comment_2520512

    I mean working in a way that isn't neutered or OP. I thought that they could have made it work but the more I think about it, the more of a balancing nightmare it would be.

    We have a gun in the game, but it's far from lethal compared to Huntresses Hatchets or even Tricksters throwing knives. Both of those can down Survivors but a spear gun can't? Imagine if it could. You'd have to rework the entire power and I'm sure he'd either end up being better than Huntress, or a harder Huntress.

    I think that if they had tried to give Nemesis a rocket launcher (the flamethrower would no doubt have been a technical nightmare in comparison), it would never be truly balanced or in a state that players would be happy with. His tentacle works off of tech that exists in the game so they know it will work and be fairly easy to balance. Zombie AI was a risk and it...sort of paid off? It's totally RNG based but they do something I guess.

    I'd ######### love it if Nemesis had weapons just as much as the next guy, but I'm not surprised that they couldn't make it work, or chose not to do it to avoid a balancing/technical nightmare. He is what he is and I think for what he is, he fits the mould just enough.

    Well I don't think it'd be hard to balance. That is also why you should get testers and have PTBs. The easy part is making it work. You pick it up and shoot it once and its a 1 shot explosion that has a little blast radius. The only hard part is the requirements to get it. Is it how many gens, if so how many gens for each one? At every 1 gen, 2 gens, or the final gen? Is it after you get this many hooks or after filling out a meter? The actual way you use the rocket though should be easy to make. But yeah I also understand why they don't have weapons for him but I really do belueve it could've worked.

  • Accurate enough, he's restricted of course as his weapons in the actual games would make things very unbalanced.

  • @GarlicRice said:

    Accurate enough, he's restricted of course as his weapons in the actual games would make things very unbalanced.

    He doesn't really have anything Nemesis has.

  • On Topic:

    I like his punches/and tentacles but they shoulda gave more to his arsenal. Like his rpg...hell I'd be fine even if it was only in a Mori. Speaking of which I wanted this as his Mori (at 3:10) https://youtu.be/mUeaXG8QEOc

    Nemesis is really smart and uses a decent arsenal of weapons and it's such a shame that he only uses his tentacle in DBD. Also I know I'm not the only one who think the zombie AI is alot worse than it was in the ptb. Like I believe the ptb zombies were alot smarter. Also had some ideas for stronger add-ons replacing the zombies with other re 2-3 creatures like lickers or hunters they'd each have their own speed and detection ranges...just ideas. Not my job to make it balanced.

    Off Topic: lol

    @TheDarkTyrant you got a discord or steam I can dm you on? Our last Convo kinda got cut short. I'd like to talk to u more about builds or resi evil.

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    On Topic:

    I like his punches/and tentacles but they shoulda gave more to his arsenal. Like his rpg...hell I'd be fine even if it was only in a Mori. Speaking of which I wanted this as his Mori (at 3:10) https://youtu.be/mUeaXG8QEOc

    Nemesis is really smart and uses a decent arsenal of weapons and it's such a shame that he only uses his tentacle in DBD. Also I know I'm not the only one who think the zombie AI is alot worse than it was in the ptb. Like I believe the ptb zombies were alot smarter. Also had some ideas for stronger add-ons replacing the zombies with other re 2-3 creatures like lickers or hunters they'd each have their own speed and detection ranges...just ideas. Not my job to make it balanced.

    Off Topic: lol

    @TheDarkTyrant you got a discord or steam I can dm you on? Our last Convo kinda got cut short. I'd like to talk to u more about builds or resi evil.

    I like his punches as well. I don't mind the tentacle. The only reason I rag on it in DBD is because it takes up spots that should've probably been one of his more iconic abilities. I kinda thought he would have the tentacle though even before he was announced. I just didn't expect zombies. I even tried to be optimistic. I first saw the trailer and gameplay and hated everything I was seeing. But I really tried to tell myself maybe its not as bad as I'm saying but it just made it even worse for me trying to be optimistic.


    I personally appreciate what they were trying to do with the more but the execution was way off. I like how it is a reference to 2 of his kills. The beginning of the mori is Mikhail's death when he stabs and wraps the tentacle around him. The throw and stomp of course is one of the cooler kills that can happen to Jill in the real game. But the impact just feels off and animation. The tentacle stabs in the mori are odd feeling and the stomp just does not feel good enough. And the 2nd tentacle stab at the end is the weirdest part for me. What I wanted personally to be the mori is something simple. I just wanted him to punch the absolutely hell out of the survivor and while they are somehow still standing he does the animation he does on pallets and then does the head stomp while they are on the ground and literally crushes the head. Gone.


    But yeah I feel like they should replace some of his current abilities and maybe use it later. Zombies could just be repurposed into Walking Dead which I'm sure they will eventually get.


    Discord is: TheRookie#3842