Has anyone ever played in a swf without comms?
I would like to try it out and be in a swf without comms. How is it and do you enjoy it?
Tagged:
Mod
I would like to try it out and be in a swf without comms. How is it and do you enjoy it?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
swf !!! ahhhhh as am main survivor meg .. or feng
i would like to try it once .. before game died
comms. ? whats that
When I swf it is always no comms. I honestly have not used the mic on my headset since my twins were born. I mostly use the headset to hear that survivor on my right crouching in the grass.
All I can say is it's still more powerful than solo Q. Regardless of comms you still have an entire team that you KNOW are on gens when they should be, rescue when they should, etc.
When I was fairly new I played with a dude from UK. I didn't have a headset so we had no communication during the match. Can't just sit there and type a whole message in-game lol.
It was pretty much like playing solo.
EDIT: I still enjoyed it nevertheless. It was a good feeling to know that at least 1 of the others won't let me down on purpose.
I have before due to my friend having her bf asleep by her and her needing to be quiet or I've played with random friendly people who we didn't get on comms with.
It's a bit harder and you have to play a lot safer since it's harder to tell what's going on but still enjoyable nonetheless! :)
I used to play in a 4 man SWF without comms. It's my prefered way to play survivor, it's quiet and relaxing. No communication, but you know that your teammates are competent in chases and wouldn't let you die on first hook.
Though, the group fell apart cause they got bored of the whole slowdown meta, and my other SWF group only wanna play with comms, so we can chat about stuff, while we play.
Yes, I usually play solo but sometimes play with people and don’t go on voice chat for whatever reason. It’s pretty nice having teammates that you know will try to save you from the hook in a semi-competent fashion, and that you know won’t do dumb stuff like stand and teabag a stalking Myers at a dropped pallet. I’d say overall I enjoy it, and SWF with no comms is definitely stronger than solo but there are limitations to how coordinated you can be, obviously.
Yeah, just did the other night. The strength of our team was that everyone could hold their own, so we won most of the time while some people still dicked around. Killers who tried to tunnel/camp still got their asses handed to them, often with a 0k, because as usual, these sweaty strategies don't work against a group of good players. But they do it anyway to make people miserable, because fragile egos.
I have yes, 2 survivors who were actually pretty damn good invited me because and I quote "you are a great looper" they invited me to discord and I just said nope, they were ok with it, we had fun and we have been playing sometimes together without discord or anything.
If survivors are good you don't really need comms to win, using comms is like an extra cherry for an easier time or just talk.
The more survivors that kick a tunneling killers ass will hopefully get the amount of them down.
LOL just kidding there are too many feeding them kills elsewhere. I got face camped by Bubba last night...Want to guess what my solo team did? If you answer is "Crank the gens and leave" you ######### wrong.
Yeah. I am usually on Comms with a friend of mine in a 2 man SWF, but sometimes he invites another person, and this player is not on Comms. It is alright, this guy is still way better than a random teammate and neither he nor my friend and I need Comms to know what to do ingame.
I have often (and still do) Play with others that I met in matches and I never use comms (except for when I play with my partner or actual friends i introduced to the game)
it works pretty well, overall you can at least rely on having someone that doesn’t let you get into next hook stage or sandbag you etc. Sometimes they do but you know it’s probably a friendly meant messing around etc.
Good coordination is more important than actual voice comms, voice can actually be distracting or bring false info if the players aren’t competitive/experienced
Never played in swf so dunno. I imagine its like solo but easier
I do it fairly often. It's still fun. The lack of comms isn't really a huge issue as long as your friends know how to play and have game sense. We might a run a Kindred or two just to make it really chill and take some guess work out of it
This is why you team up with people of your level. Most killers are garbage at this game and only carried by these sorts of teams. That or your friends want to have fun, because these killers are just so mediocre, they literally give no gameplay to the rest of the team. Both are fine. As I said, killer ends up whining about Gen Rush or something, when half the members were trying to do stupid flashlights or get chests.
If I'm playing SWF, I mostly do it without coms...or I'm in a voice call with different people than I'm playing with. I don't find it hugely different because even when I'm in SWF in coms, we don't talk about the game anyway and spend all our time chatting about other things, it's rare we even mention who the killer is in a serious way, we're normally just trolling each other.
Yes In 2020 i mostly played without comms In 4 man swf and we performed well. I still play swf without comms but mostly as a duo
Honestly it's not bad. I run in a swf on PS4 but my headset doesn't have a mic. No comms doesn't really make a difference when we're just playing for fun.
My 4 man I've been playing with consistently for 4 years, we have a pretty good read on eachother so we tested it out for a few rounds. We did better than on comms, probably because we weren't distracted by jokes, chitchat and all that jazz. If you know your swf can hold their own it's fine, if you've never played with them or dont know their play style it may be a little more tricky but still better than solo
Yes I have a friend that's cross platform and who doesn't have discord.
When I was showing the game to a friend that's how we played. It definitely adds another layer of fun to the game.
I meet a nice player the other day (I actually met them twice). Once they played killer and I gave up after first couple of minutes cause my team wasn't doing anything (Pinhead, chain hunt running, team getting molested by chains but not doing anything about it). Later I meet them again as survivor and we had a amazing game and started talking afterwards and decided to group up.
Since then we play together nearly every day for a couple of hours but never used voice comms so far. We have a kinda similar playstyle, I would dare to say and we both just know what and when we have to do. I really enjoy playing with them, didn't have such a blast in this game since a while.
I almost always do comms when I play with friends, but I've done it without with people I've met over steam. We talk pre and post-game and take extra care to look out for each other, but there's no real difference. We still ######### around with each other and stuff like that lol