If whoever keeps making these "play the killer wrong" challenges could stop, that'd be great.

First it's Clown with his "make survivors go faster instead of trying to hit them," now Huntress gets "disable your own power for at least half the game."

There's a serious difference between a "challenge" where you try to do something impressive as a killer and show some skill, and these aberrations that force you to either throw a game doing something dumb, or lose because you're running an absolute meme build for it.

Comments

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2500109#Comment_2500109

    Basically the dwight challenge where you stick close to the killer without being spotted. To some degree the tomes can put you in position to throw games in general. It is disappointing to see challenge space being taken up by gags rather then explore cool build options but I guess they ran out of ideas.

    Yeah the challenges could be something really cool but on the other hand I also dislike the challenges being bound to certain survivors/perks. If you don't already own the required DLC you're basically sh out of luck.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Unpopular opinion: I prefer the wacky hard to complete challenges over "cleanse 25 totems", "repair 17 generators", etc.

    God I absolutely hate the extremely long challenges especially the generator ones

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    They need to stop putting out these eye-rollingly dumb challenges.

    They also need to have it where you can contribute to multiple challenges per match. Maybe have at least 3 or 5 selected and then gain progression over the course of matches.

    Finding thosebcrappy yellow gems is bad enough but having them interrupted and disappear to another part of the map is like walking in to someone else's fart.

    Those Huntress challenges are peak turd. Really bad.

    Now that you mentioned yellow gens I realized I haven't seem them in a while, what happened to them?

  • @Apollos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2502006#Comment_2502006

    They both suck tbh. The generator ones are like pulling teeth. I'm on the stun the killer 20 times one right now. I haven't had a ton of luck with pallets lately and I'm horrible at aiming flashlights with controller. Thankfully Blast Mine seems to count for 2 - 3 stuns each time it lands, for some odd reason lol

    The one where you had to point at the killer with Premonition active from a couple rifts ago wouldn't work until I got an AFK killer.

    I'd love it if we got more challenges that weren't miserable grinds, or so specific that they cause you to throw matches until you complete them. Ones nestled snugly in the middle.

    Blast Mine counts as 2 I believe, because it blinds the killer as well as stuns them for 4 seconds.

    If you're still stuck on it have you considered Head On?

  • @LordSturm said:

    Yeah, the good ol' "slow someone down with clown bottles but completely throw the game and cure them and speed them up with the antidote". It's sad to think that even made it to Live.

    In reality, that challenge is impossible to do without farming. You had to slow them down with the purple, but then also give them the yellow speed-up, but because the purple's effect goes away so quickly and the yellow's takes so long to activate because of the delay, you would have to throw a yellow then throw a purple at the survivor and then let them go into the yellow, which they won't even do if they're just holding forward and dodging it all like mad men which is the usual reaction.

  • @Dito175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2500118#Comment_2500118

    Now that you mentioned yellow gens I realized I haven't seem them in a while, what happened to them?

    Sure there was one challenge in the latest rift level.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    At this point they're gonna do anti blinking challenges for nurse and anti shooting challenges for deathslinger. That's basically what the huntress one is.

    The Huntress get 10 basic attacks without hatchets equipped was pretty easy. Didn't even need the full game to do it and I realized 3 hits in that I forgot to empty my hatchets. The get 6 undetectable hits with beast of prey? That was annoying.


    I know most people could run like some crazy Ghostface tinkerer/trail of torment nonsense and get it really easily. But Huntress is the only one with that perk unlocked for me. Keeping bloodlust while they drop pallets because you are a slow m1 killer was... Moderately difficult. Needless to say they all escaped because I needed to wait 15 seconds minimum before swinging. Literally had to throw the game for that one.

  • It's completely pointless to try achieving it being competitive.

    As Huntress i pick 0 addons and perks and went into middle map and swing until survivors come to me.

    God bless those adorable people, they help me out with the quest!

    pngaaa.com-1640155.png


  • Now I certainly don't want to brag, but I got it first try on Haddonfield, didn't use hatchets all game, and ended the match with a 4K, so git gud I guess 🙄🙄

    (Warning!!! This is a joke post, the survivors who I was playing against were not very good at the game, I do not actually expect people to get a 4K on Haddonfield using a killer with no power)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2502830#Comment_2502830

    Blast Mine counts as 2 I believe, because it blinds the killer as well as stuns them for 4 seconds.

    If you're still stuck on it have you considered Head On?

    I have a really interesting rate of luck with Head On. The killer tends to pull me out of closed lockers a lot lol I got a baby freddy I was able to stun a lot at least and that helped.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2500627#Comment_2500627

    Ngl I'm gonna use the iri addon that makes you 115, change my name to "No hatchet #########" and just meme

    Iri head too so you can dump all your hatchets faster.

  • I think the only reason the devs created this challenge is so people actually use the new iri addon that makes you 115, but any experienced huntress knows that without hatchets you’re powerless. It’s always better to reload your hatchets unless you’re playing on a hold W simulator map like Midwich

  • I farmed to get the Huntress's 15 meter challenge. For the basic attack challenge, I used the iridescent one and just played normally. Still crushed them. They were baaaaaaaad.

  • Tbh I found the Huntress' challenge fun. The Clown's one I agree was bs though.

  • This content has been removed.
1 2 ›