Nothing but Boring Camping Killers

SBMM brought a ton of face campers out of the wood work.

I'm not sure if its because this is "high skill killer," or if killers are malding more now than ever.

Looks like Kindred and Camaraderie are my new meta perks.

Comments

  • From my experience, I haven’t gotten much camping and tunneling killers (except that one Freddy) but I mostly got survivors that did gens fast.

  • Kindred, good choice.

    Camaraderie, in my experience, just leads to getting face-camped for 34 more seconds

  • boring camping killers are at low mmr big guy.

  • Nothing but a boring shitshow of one tunneling and camping killer after the other. The game has become a ridiculous joke.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Kindred, good choice.

    Camaraderie, in my experience, just leads to getting face-camped for 34 more seconds

    This is true, if I am committed to staring at you, there is no stopping me... Except for survivors unhooking right in front of me, I guess. But that is beside the point, it usually takes the survivors a few minutes to figure out that counterplay, so I get my time in.

  • @Impose said:

    boring camping killers are at low mmr big guy.

    Not in my experience, every red rank killer can't hump those hooks and tunnel people hard enough, just as sweaty has humanly possible.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2499207#Comment_2499207

    Not in my experience, every red rank killer can't hump those hooks and tunnel people hard enough, just as sweaty has humanly possible.

    Then why aren't you and your other teammates countering that by doing gens while he facecamps the guy on the hook and then leaving?

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    SBMM brought a ton of face campers out of the wood work.

    I'm not sure if its because this is "high skill killer," or if killers are malding more now than ever.

    Looks like Kindred and Camaraderie are my new meta perks.

    i mean when the gens are done in five minutes, what am i meant to be doing?

  • @Duke_Ragereaver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280419/nothing-but-boring-camping-killers

    i mean when the gens are done in five minutes, what am i meant to be doing?

    i'm not telling you what to do.

    i'm just hoping there is enough of a consensus that BHVR finally decides to actively prevent camping, instead of attempt to discourage a completely valid, yet unejoyable, winning strategy.

  • There's a couple challenges that mostly promote camping and slugging tbh. Kill obsession 5 times, hook 2 survivors within 60 seconds, do it 4 times, get 10 basement kills , get 10-15 sacrifices to the entity ect ect.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2499311#Comment_2499311

    i'm not telling you what to do.

    i'm just hoping there is enough of a consensus that BHVR finally decides to actively prevent camping, instead of attempt to discourage a completely valid, yet unejoyable, winning strategy.

    I mean i dont want to have to do it, i waited like 15 mins for the game. But past the point of no return i need someone to die so i have any chance. 2 gens left and no weak links while not playing the nurse blight or spirit the game is basically lost already. Im only bronze 1 rn and still have to sweat hard every game.

  • I've not seen that my end at all. I've had one hard-tunnelling Cenobite, but otherwise killers and survivors have all been brilliant my end.

    Obviously happens elsewhere in the game, but I've known no change from my end. I'd go so far as to say it's less than it was.

    Tunnelling and camping has always riled people up on these forums. It could be that it's not changed, but either a) people are playing against a different caliber of player, based on what they've been playing previously, or b) that it hasn't changed,but because the SBMM is in place then people are more subconsciously focused on what is happening now, rather than over the course of their time on this game.

  • I've actually seen 0 campers and one tunneler since sbmm went live

  • I have no idea what's going on for you guys then, because it has honestly been most of my games so far. So much so that I now run decisive strike, and I haven't equipped decisive strike for my roughly 500 hours of playing

  • @Impose said:

    boring camping killers are at low mmr big guy.

    I doubt it. Low MMR survivors will almost certainly feed campers easy kills and boost them up the ladder.

  • @Impose said:

    boring camping killers are at low mmr big guy.

    They have high kill rates because the games become short/boring and there's no counter to it so survivors that try to make it more interesting almost always end up gifting more kills.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    SBMM brought a ton of face campers out of the wood work.

    I'm not sure if its because this is "high skill killer," or if killers are malding more now than ever.

    Looks like Kindred and Camaraderie are my new meta perks.

    Most of my deaths recently have been first hook after multi-gen runs facecamps that they only ogt to do because they ran noed lol

  • Funny thing about camping; the killer has to engage in chase first and it can't happen until a survivor fails to escape.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280419/nothing-but-boring-camping-killers

    Most of my deaths recently have been first hook after multi-gen runs facecamps that they only ogt to do because they ran noed lol

    image.png

    Just queued into a game and instantly got this after posting it. He facecamped first person to death, we did totems and gens. What a sad #########.


    Devs really need to do something about this lmao


    (also why the hell is 'facecamp' censored in chat? :') )

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2499311#Comment_2499311

    i'm not telling you what to do.

    i'm just hoping there is enough of a consensus that BHVR finally decides to actively prevent camping, instead of attempt to discourage a completely valid, yet unejoyable, winning strategy.

    Haha yah except I don't know if you noticed but killer mains seem to run into prevent any discussion about fixing camping.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2499311#Comment_2499311

    i'm not telling you what to do.

    i'm just hoping there is enough of a consensus that BHVR finally decides to actively prevent camping, instead of attempt to discourage a completely valid, yet unejoyable, winning strategy.

    If you’re facing a good, coordinated team - what else are you supposed to do? By the time you hook first survivor, at least two gens are done. Let’s say killer plays by survivor rulebook and goes as far away from hook as possible. During the time it takes to find and hook another survivor, another gen done. 3 gens done, 2 hooks. Since I’m not allowed to tunnel or camp, I have to go find one of the two survivors I haven’t hooked yet. Meanwhile, the two survivors that have already been hooked are happily working on gens because they know I can’t tunnel them. Those last two gens get done easily by the time I hook the other two survivors and then GG get t-bagged at the exit gates.

    I realize that a majority of matches don’t go this way, but at higher ranks a lot of them do. Killers have to play scummy because it’s simple math - it takes far less time to complete 5 gens than it does to play “fair” and get three hooks on even one survivor without tunneling or camping

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2499404#Comment_2499404

    If you’re facing a good, coordinated team - what else are you supposed to do? By the time you hook first survivor, at least two gens are done. Let’s say killer plays by survivor rulebook and goes as far away from hook as possible. During the time it takes to find and hook another survivor, another gen done. 3 gens done, 2 hooks. Since I’m not allowed to tunnel or camp, I have to go find one of the two survivors I haven’t hooked yet. Meanwhile, the two survivors that have already been hooked are happily working on gens because they know I can’t tunnel them. Those last two gens get done easily by the time I hook the other two survivors and then GG get t-bagged at the exit gates.

    I realize that a majority of matches don’t go this way, but at higher ranks a lot of them do. Killers have to play scummy because it’s simple math - it takes far less time to complete 5 gens than it does to play “fair” and get three hooks on even one survivor without tunneling or camping

    How long does it take you to chase a survivor if three of them can finish and find 2 gens

  • @Exult said:

    I have no idea what's going on for you guys then, because it has honestly been most of my games so far. So much so that I now run decisive strike, and I haven't equipped decisive strike for my roughly 500 hours of playing

    Literally same. I think DS is a waste of a perk slot (as is Unbreakable), when all sides are playing a clean match.

    This week I put DS on for the first time in a long time, because the killers I've been seeing have zero sympathy.

    @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280419/nothing-but-boring-camping-killers

    Most of my deaths recently have been first hook after multi-gen runs facecamps that they only ogt to do because they ran noed lol

    I've died on first hook about 15-20% of my games. Love it.

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2499289#Comment_2499289

    Then why aren't you and your other teammates countering that by doing gens while he facecamps the guy on the hook and then leaving?

    I never said we weren't doing gens, nor did I say that the killer was face camping. But a red rank nurse is never farther then 1 blink to the hook, Deathslinger never out of firing range, all high mobility killers know how long to get back after they see someone's feet hit the ground. You do not have to be under the hook to zoom back for the hard tunnel. And Red Rank LOVE the proxy camp and hard tunnel, every single one.

  • EDIT: Realized that the original discussion in this thread is outdated. Never mind.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2499294#Comment_2499294

    I never said we weren't doing gens, nor did I say that the killer was face camping. But a red rank nurse is never farther then 1 blink to the hook, Deathslinger never out of firing range, all high mobility killers know how long to get back after they see someone's feet hit the ground. You do not have to be under the hook to zoom back for the hard tunnel. And Red Rank LOVE the proxy camp and hard tunnel, every single one.

    Then they aren't CAMPING lol. Also if deathslinger is never more than a shot away from the then he's at max 18 meters away from the hook and IS camping, you should be able to see it, and simply do gens while he's doing it. Nurse always being within a blink of the hook is terrible unless she's actually in a chase. She's literally giving away her main strength, which is incredible chase power, to proxy camp. She's not the greatest proxy camper.

    Returning to the unhook is almost ALWAYS, outside of you being already in chase with a close down, a good decision. It guarantees you halve the survivor workforce. Unhookee is injured and running away, self caring, medkit healing, whatever. Unhooker is now stuck in a chase. That's not camping

  • IDK personally i feel camping needs to get a higher and more serious penalty. Not just a bloodpoint / score reduction but an actual handicap.

  • @Grimzy said:

    IDK personally i feel camping needs to get a higher and more serious penalty. Not just a bloodpoint / score reduction but an actual handicap.

    No it dont just is not against the rules

  • Gen rushing has been increasing since the sbmm dropped. Who would have thought that killers lose the will to play normal, when they lose 3 gens in the first chase?

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2500914#Comment_2500914

    Then they aren't CAMPING lol. Also if deathslinger is never more than a shot away from the then he's at max 18 meters away from the hook and IS camping, you should be able to see it, and simply do gens while he's doing it. Nurse always being within a blink of the hook is terrible unless she's actually in a chase. She's literally giving away her main strength, which is incredible chase power, to proxy camp. She's not the greatest proxy camper.

    Returning to the unhook is almost ALWAYS, outside of you being already in chase with a close down, a good decision. It guarantees you halve the survivor workforce. Unhookee is injured and running away, self caring, medkit healing, whatever. Unhooker is now stuck in a chase. That's not camping

    If the killer is deliberately remaining in striking distance of the hook, they are camping.

    They're not face-camping, but they are actively deciding to play around the hook (camping), rather than the gens.

  • Kindred

    Teammate gets camped? rush gens

    you're getting camped? hope survivor are smart enough to use the aura reading to coordinate a gen rush instead of insisting on trying to get you off the hook.

    the funny thing i heard is camping killer get higher MMR meaning they get placed against players who know how to deal with camping.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Gen rushing has been increasing since the sbmm dropped. Who would have thought that killers lose the will to play normal, when they lose 3 gens in the first chase?

    You've been playing DBD for a long time (hopefully I'm not being too presumptuous). I find in my Solo matches (as someone who was formerly in red ranks), the genrushing thing is not common.

    Do you think this a thing created by the advantage of SWF? Since the SBMM dropped, I've experienced camping and tunneling to a ridiculous level nearly every game.

    To me at least, more and more it seems like the only people having fun atm are SWF's. Not Solos, not Killers.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Gen rushing has been increasing since the sbmm dropped. Who would have thought that killers lose the will to play normal, when they lose 3 gens in the first chase?

    Most of the facecamping is happening when maybe 1 gen has been done. Nice try, though?

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501252#Comment_2501252

    You've been playing DBD for a long time (hopefully I'm not being too presumptuous). I find in my Solo matches (as someone who was formerly in red ranks), the genrushing thing is not common.

    Do you think this a thing created by the advantage of SWF? Since the SBMM dropped, I've experienced camping and tunneling to a ridiculous level nearly every game.

    To me at least, more and more it seems like the only people having fun atm are SWF's. Not Solos, not Killers.

    As solo, I still have fun. When I get camped/tunneled hard, then I just join a new match. Since nothing is holding me back. Gen rushing is prevalent. There is no match without it at some point or another.

    Is SWF more fun? Sure!

    If you want, you can easily find others to play with, on the official discord server. Give it a try. It might save you some bad experiences.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501252#Comment_2501252

    You've been playing DBD for a long time (hopefully I'm not being too presumptuous). I find in my Solo matches (as someone who was formerly in red ranks), the genrushing thing is not common.

    Do you think this a thing created by the advantage of SWF? Since the SBMM dropped, I've experienced camping and tunneling to a ridiculous level nearly every game.

    To me at least, more and more it seems like the only people having fun atm are SWF's. Not Solos, not Killers.

    Throw on top of that the fact that people are losing patience for this behavior, and are now immediately going to struggle if they see the killer camp, and you have a free 4k handed to the killer every match.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501321#Comment_2501321

    As solo, I still have fun. When I get camped/tunneled hard, then I just join a new match. Since nothing is holding me back. Gen rushing is prevalent. There is no match without it at some point or another.

    Is SWF more fun? Sure!

    If you want, you can easily find others to play with, on the official discord server. Give it a try. It might save you some bad experiences.

    You know, I just might. I have an intensive job, so I've never known where to look for SWF's. I think my hesitation is because I don't want flashlight clicking, T-bagging d-bags. I try my best, and am competent as a survivor, but I have a life and don't live and breath the game.

    But maybe there are more chill, decent people out there. Thanks :)

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501252#Comment_2501252

    Most of the facecamping is happening when maybe 1 gen has been done. Nice try, though?

    Maybe on rank 20.

  • A killer goes out of their way to play nice. They get 8 hooks, and no kills. The survivors click their flashlights to no end and teabag on their merry way out. The survivors bombard the killer with "EZ" and hateful messages.

    That killer then goes on to camp, tunnel, do whatever it takes to win, and not give a damn what the survivors think about their playstyle because why should anyone play "nice" in this game if they're going to be met with endless toxicity regardless of how they play?

  • Were your teammates afk? There is no other explanation on why high mmr survivors only complete a single gen by the time you get face camped.

    Especially when it happens most of the time.

    Anyway, in the 10+ matches I've played today, I had 3 campers (1 face camper). That isn't "most matches". At least not for me.

    But your experience can vastly vary from mine. That doesn't make me a liar.

  • What do you class as an absolute camp though?

    The boring ones who will do it with five gens remaining, only getting about 20-30k from the match with bbq and then coming on here to complain about the grind even though more hooks would have got them more bp?

    If that's the case I completely agree with you as that is no fun at all, especially the survivor who may only leave with 5k bp.

    Or do you mean facecamping after the final gen is done?

    I completely disagree if this is the case as it's the killer trying to secure a kill, unless he knows the gates are not 99'd and someone is close by or has blood warden. I will facecamp after the final gen is done. In fact it happened earlier today and got me 2 more kills, sometimes it fails too and they all get away.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501252#Comment_2501252

    You've been playing DBD for a long time (hopefully I'm not being too presumptuous). I find in my Solo matches (as someone who was formerly in red ranks), the genrushing thing is not common.

    Do you think this a thing created by the advantage of SWF? Since the SBMM dropped, I've experienced camping and tunneling to a ridiculous level nearly every game.

    To me at least, more and more it seems like the only people having fun atm are SWF's. Not Solos, not Killers.

    This has been my experience as well. I had a gen rushing team today for the first time in ages. I was on hook and all 3 were a mile away on their own gens. Needless to say I thought I was pretty much boned at that point lmao

    But it's been common for months now to play against really aggressive killers that will be gunning for you for just about anything. Not to say my teammates haven't BMed, but I certainly don't and I'm at the receiving end for a lot of it.

  • This is my experience too. This whole narrative that camping is just a tactic for inexperienced Killers and low ranks doesn't add up to me. Plenty of Killers in (formerly) red ranks camp ALL. THE. TIME. In fact, I'd wager that's how they got there in the first place.

    My friend just coaxed me into trying to play tonight. 4 matches. EVERY Killer camped or proxy camped.

    The last was a Ghostface who hooked a survivor at 5 gens, just cloaked behind a rock, and I was just done. I refused to engage. Just let him hook me with no chase and killed myself and logged out. I can't take the frustration anymore. It's almost an exercise in lunacy to pay for things in a "game" that does nothing but irritate players. The Bloodpoints from these matches are absolutely abysmal and it's all just not worth it.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501384#Comment_2501384

    This is my experience too. This whole narrative that camping is just a tactic for inexperienced Killers and low ranks doesn't add up to me. Plenty of Killers in (formerly) red ranks camp ALL. THE. TIME. In fact, I'd wager that's how they got there in the first place.

    My friend just coaxed me into trying to play tonight. 4 matches. EVERY Killer camped or proxy camped.

    The last was a Ghostface who hooked a survivor at 5 gens, just cloaked behind a rock, and I was just done. I refused to engage. Just let him hook me with no chase and killed myself. I can't take the frustration anymore. It's almost an exercise in lunacy to pay for things in a "game" that does nothing but irritate players. The Bloodpoints from these matches are absolutely abysmal and it's all just not worth it.

    I can't agree more, tbh. And it's not like my killer games haven't been made more frustrating too, so I can't just go to that mode to chill like I used to. I'm simply playing to get archives done and in the hopes that maybe a system that does nothing to detect skill in any fashion, will somehow balance out and detect skill (shocker: survival time/rate being the only real factors in 'skill' rating of a game won't give good results. It's as if whoever made this new system has no idea how the game works. Do they even play it?)

  • @cyniChris said:

    A killer goes out of their way to play nice. They get 8 hooks, and no kills. The survivors click their flashlights to no end and teabag on their merry way out. The survivors bombard the killer with "EZ" and hateful messages.

    That killer then goes on to camp, tunnel, do whatever it takes to win, and not give a damn what the survivors think about their playstyle because why should anyone play "nice" in this game if they're going to be met with endless toxicity regardless of how they play?

    Nah I simply play only one or two days each month instead of switching to camping/tunneling.

    But yeah, it really sucks out all the patience out of me for being "nice" and "fair" when it's only either met with indifference or arrogance/toxicity.