Tick Tock the Clock is Ticking
The perks are, of course, useful- but they don't want to make it something they absolutely have to equip constantly. And if people are feeling forced into generator slowdown perks, then it's not good for the game and something needs to be done - Dave Richard
Sooooo...... Yeah...... Gen control has been an issue for years, but now out of the blue. It's a huge deal real interesting Behavior kinda crazy, this is now an issue when MMR is on, but when the Bloodpoint and Emblem system was out, yall were spouting Gen times were fine. Now that MMR is on and people are sweating it's showcasing the true horrible unbalance now.
Let me take a wild guess you've seen how miserable Killer players including myself are with gens speed and now you've finally decided to admit you've been wrong for years but not in the way you should have this should have been said in a Developer Update no disrespect to the interviewers but this should have been stated in a Developer update.
Also don't even get me started on the MMR being hidden question and what's this nonsense about grades being a sense of "skill" didn't you guys openly say grades and MMR are not connected, so how are grades in any way shape or form going to be an indicator for Skill. Grades are just as useless as Devotion the only difference is at least we're rewarded for grades Devotion still pointless.
Lastly, respectively, the fact It's taken you guys this long to even bat an eye at gen speeds is concerning, it truly is, and with boon totems right around the corner, a lot of us are truly worried for the longevity of Dead by Daylight.
Comments
Isn't the whole point of MMR/SBMM that if you can't handle those insane gen speeds that you mentioned, that you won't be matched with players of that caliber and those players will be put with people who CAN handle it (I.E people who main the S tier killers with strong perks/addons)
Not saying I'm a fan of MMR but, yeah. Am I missing something?
No that's not true at all unless you're the lowest MMR gen speeds are insane at a lot of levels and it's miserable being at the MMR where this happens the problem is if you're good you will always stay in this MMR.
"-a lot of us are truly worried for the longevity of Dead By Daylight."
The number of times I've seen this sentence.
Yet this game is still kicking.
Well the way I see it, it is physically impossible to defend 5 gens if the survivors play well. The first few gens typically go quickly because survivors have all their resources available, they are far away from you and you can only chase 1 person at a time
The topic of gen speeds is a conflicting one because it's never going to change the fact that, for the most part, most killers cannot pressure all 4 survivors at once without certain killers, playstyles or perks.
So what's the solution? Make gens take longer? 80 seconds for a solo survivor is long if you ask me. You could make the gens 160 seconds each but if the killer can't catch anyone/still has to chase 1 person at at time they are still going to lose gens.
You can be worried about the longevity of something If the game is miserable for a decent amount of people with a mechanic we have literally no idea about coming into the game I think it's safe for people to be concerned boon totems will most certainly be a buff for Survivors meanwhile how long will gen speed adjustments take days? months? years? we don't know hence why I said people are worried.
To be fair, a ######### up matchmaker and poor balance are definitely game killers.
Only because it doesn't have any competition.
I've seen people say every other change would kill the game. It's incredibly hard to take this phrase seriously when I've seen it every other day for the best four years.
The game has problems, but I doubt it will die anytime soon. If it does, hey, I was wrong. It's had ######### up matchmaking and poor balance for years.
I'm sure the Western Roman Empire also said "We're still kicking" until 395 AD
It's had competition and it's always, and unfortunately, failed.
This game is the king of the genre, and unless that VHS game is very good that won't change. Even then, I doubt it would change.
Out of curiosity, what was the last thing people said would kill DBD?
Go tell the Call of Duty community that SBMM brought out the worst in the game and It's legit dead Fortnite removed SBMM due to getting flamed on twitter by their content creators and community the difference with Fortnite and Call of Duty is at least Fortnite learned their mistake before it was too late. Hiding MMR changes nothing MMR is designed to bring out the competitiveness in a person and always has been Behavior's system is designed the same as Call of Duty's and Fortnites. Hence why we're here today with the developers now in a panic trying to address the game balance when they didn't give a care in the world before they added MMR now It's an issue.
Bhvr self doesn't know what they're doing.
Take the so called balancing issue they were always going for.
They always wanted to balance around the casual playerbase and didn't give a rats ass about the top percent.
Now all of a sudden they talk about using the data from the top 5% to balance.
It's just stupid they forcing balance around the casual playerbase and making changes to god knows what has been changed during those 5 years.
And now all of a sudden they go the opposite way making imo a lot of changes that has been made obsolete.
But yeah bhvr does what they're good at, and that is not knowing what they want
Yep couldn't agree more
I don't know why you're acting like I said SBMM was good. It isn't, I don't like it. All I said is that I've seen people say "This will kill the game" over every little change.
BHVR don't listen but right now they're the only popular game in the genre.
No I'm not I'm simply saying in response to you saying many people have been worried about the longevity of the game well same happened in call of duty and SBMM was the cause right now is a huge reason to be concerned we've got a competitive system in an unbalanced game that's designed for casual but now the developers want to 180 into competitive now.
You can be concerned all you want, it doesn't matter. BHVR makes the decisions and they barely listen to anything aside from their stats. Unless the stats say SBMM is an issue, it will unfortunately stay.
It's not only gens though, pallets too. There are far too many of them and, although not efficient for the killer, a survivor could run you all game and immediately drop pallets. There will still be a few left at the end too. If you switch chasing survivors during this, they can still continue doing this. The only way to break them all is to ask all survivors not in a chase to politely stop what they're doing because if they carry on doing their objectives, like they should, the game will end quickly.
I swear that in a game earlier there were 3 pallet loops very close together. On one side was a TL, on the other a jungle gym. Then after that 2 more pallets close by. I think, but I could be wrong here, it was one of the macmillon maps. I thought I needed to get rid of them quickly, 3 gens popped before leaving the jungle gym and I still didn't get a hook lol.
Nah, gen speeds really aren't the issue and red ranks prior to mmr proved it. Killers were completely mutilating survivors. I am not saying you cannot get gen rushed at lower levels, you absolutely can. But realistically the problem is more the overall design and how exploitable that is at higher levels.
Stalling out gen times is not magically going to fix high mmr games, and it will severely cripple low mmr games. They need to rework a lot if they want to actually solve the problem.
SBMM should be in cod and fortnite. All the arguments in these games against sbmm boil down to "i don't like versing myself" and the only satisfaction they get is stomping noobs while not giving a ######### about their experience.
Pretty much. As long as the damn thing actually works
the western roman empire wasn't a video game that had a monopoly on a very small and untapped market
The point
Your head
The only reason i am all for it in dbd is so people who are use to easy survivors and think killer is fine get a dose of reality. I am not happy with it being hidden and no information about it being available.
I think they have gens backwards. Right now there is a penalty if survivors do gens together. I think that solo gens should take an extremely long time, like 160-200 seconds. But no penalty for doing them together, this would make it so that survivors now can't split up easily and do gens, and it is more efficient for them to stay together. This makes it so the killer can pressure multiple survivors at once. Perhaps this effect can lessen as there are less survivors in the match, or maybe as gens get done.
Or maybe a major sense of progression in a repetitive pvp game is winning a higher percentage of your matches? That was the only benefit of improving in dbd in the old matchmaking.
There were no rank rewards. Red ranks were cluttered with a wide skill level after the devs switched to the one color reset, so being rank 1 didn't mean much either as far as a prestige thing. The only way the game indicated you were getting better was by winning more often.
Consider there may be valid criticisms to sbmm other than "noob stomping".