Boon totems=even more tunneling.
So the killer in the current state of the game is already on a pretty big time crunch from the start and they already have alot of things they have to keep track of already but the dev think its a good idea to add like a 4th objective to the killer side and its going to cause alot of killers to tunnel even more right away to make up for the extra time add to finding these totems
I was looking up some stuff one boon totems and a bunch of people had the idea to give the killer the ability to chose there hex totem spots and apparently the devs said they really liked the idea and then gave it to the survivors.
Now before you guys say oh we don't even know if they will be any good first this is behavior we are talking about and second its a survivor thing so I have no doubts that on release they will be op and the killer will have to deal with them or lose.
Comments
"Now before you guys say oh we don't even know if they will be any good first this is behavior we are talking about and second its a survivor thing so I have no doubts that on release they will be op and the killer will have to deal with them or lose."
So, you are saying that the side who did not get a Meta-Perk since David King will get good Perks? Bold statement.
I don't know what boon totems intend to do, but I really don't want killers having more pressure put on them more than they already do. Killer is stressful enough as it is, and for survivors nearly every match feels like actual war.
We'll have to see what boon totems have in the package first. Some killers may not waste time to find them if they're not worth destroying. The boons benefits might be so slightly that it doesn't largely affect the killer. It may be a thing of if the killer comes across it, then epic. But again we'll have to wait and see.
I definitely could see a lot more slugging going on though. And tunneling. Maybe even camping but again, we'll have to see what all it entails first.
The thing is, Boon-Totems will be mediocre at best. They will probably a bit better than the average Perk released over the last 4 years for Survivors, but since the Devs have to keep in mind that 4 Survivors can equip a Boon-Perk each, they will not be strong.
Obviously, when the first wave of Boon-Perks drops, at least one of them will be called OP. This is a nice little tradition in this forum to say that a Survivor-Perk will be OP, just to not see them at all after the Chapter dropped.
I like the idea of boon totems. They seem like a breath of fresh air. I image that it will be a decent buff to the survivors but maybe be on a time limit to prevent the killer from having another objective.
What I think about Boon.
Aah yes the thing that we only know the name of and litterally nothing else will cause more tunneling.
Why? Well ehm... BHVR bad ofcourse!
It's easy to make a company bad when you just make up stuff on the fly.
The Pinhead update already confirmed Killers can interact with them as it added a tool tip in the Tutorial area about it
Just because this got posted - this description is another thing which makes it not really possible to predict the strength of Boon-Perks.
It could entirely be possible that Killers need 16 seconds to snuff out the Boon Totem and Survivors bless it instantly (basically similar to Hexes), or it could take a Survivor 30 seconds to bless the Totem (which is a huge amount of time) for the Killer to snuff it out instantly.
So I cannot really understand how people think that the game will be worse for Killers just because there is a new type of Perk, when we dont know anything about it (except for this description).
That sounds equally interesting and pointless at the same time lol
It is objectively a buff to survivors, and therefore the game will be "worse" for killer. I mean, as you stated, to what extent? Who knows. You aren't wrong, no point in getting worked up about it.
But it technically de facto makes the game worse for killer.
Only if these Perks are actually worth using. And this depends on the strength of the Perk and the time it needs to bless/snuff out.
We killers have WAAAAAAAAAY too much to do already, especially in the purple / red ranks against actual good survivors.
I kind of agree, but eventually there is going to be at least one meta boon Totem perk.
Ruin is still universally considered to be one of the strongest killer perks, and honestly, just in general. Yet, we all know about those relatively common 15 second cleanses. So I am not sure the cleanse/activation will be relevant in the grand scheme of things. Ruin is often completely invalidated and often paired with Undying for protection which is half the build. Is it worth the trade off? Eh. Not sure it is even viable at the highest level.
Long story short, I guess what I am trying to say is perception is more important and people will complain regardless. That much is inevitable.
But they have a habit of not thinking about that look at DS for what 3 years it was totally busted I still have flash backs from getting ds 4 times in one match I was rare but there was at least 2 in every match.
I thought MoM was meta for a bit? And if they make them anything like the good hex totems they could quickly become problematic.
The description we got said killers have to cleans them. Full hex builds aren't all that strong plus if survivors are looking for dulls to put there boons on your definitely going to lose most your hexs and end up with like 1 perk to stop one survivor perk.
But the difference is the survivors can chose a location so there's can be extremely well hidden every match or even placed way from gens so the killer has to leave the area where gens are to stomp it out possible giving them time to finish multiple gens
That's what's bizarre to me. There is no downtime for killer, so why would they waste their time messing with totems? Survivors are supposed to be breaking them, so trying to protect them also seems pretty bizarre. What about perks like NOED? Will boon totems block it, or will it override them?
It just doesn't really seem very good for gameplay.
NOED spawns on a dull totem. So, if the last totem is a Boon, it likely wouldn't overwrite it.
The real issue, to me, is that survivors have all sorts of totem detection perks, and some scale with other perks. I run small game and inner strength (which is literally just a better self care). As killer, how the heck am I supposed to find my own bones? Lol.
Thats my point its a add think that the killer has to sink time into and they don't have any to spare. I would say as long as there is no dull totem noed won't activate unless the chage the perk. I feel like they will make them strong to justify them been like hexs which could tilt the game to a real almost unwinnable game every game.
MoM should never have been in the game the strength that it was and was heavily nerfed into uselessness within a month or two i can't remember, it only recently became usable some time within the last year when they updated protection hits but it definitely isn't meta, it may have been for a little bit but why does that matter.
Because they have released meta perks. Imo the reason the meta we have stays meta because there is no real way to nerf them with out making them usless
That's a great point lmao I assume they'd have to add basekit aura reading for totems on killer.
It seems like it'll cause problems for the survivor perks too. RIP Inner Strength
I'm all for giving survivors more things to do, so it's interesting in the sense that it is something new, but it just seems like it'll cause more problems than it'll solve. Who knows how they'll be balanced at this point or what they'll actually do, but the setup isn't too promising.
I was hopping it would be something like with in 32m you can see the aura or something.
That sucks because itd a way better perk than self care
The set doesn't sound all that great plus behavior has a tendency to not care about balance or making perks obsolete.
I really dont count MoM. It was nerfed heavily shortly after release and it was only a Cash-grab, because otherwise there would be no point to buy a Survivor only-Paragraph if you are not a completionist or like the Character/Actor.
I heard there was alot of that for a little while I was taking a brake.